Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,950
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,272)
Welcome to our newest member, TeamYANTSU
Old

Warm Fuzzies And Gratefulness

Posted 06-28-2010 at 08:48 PM by caninemom3

As I am sitting here just kind of pondering many thoughts I realize how very blessed and grateful I am for so many things. I love this country. Truly. I may have my gripes about it but I love it. I have always known the freedom I have so to live somewhere without freedom is unfathomable to me. Heck, I get teary eyed when my husband and I are in the supermarket getting our groceries and it comes to me that I am buying EXACTLY what I want, that I am not being told or suggested what to buy. The decision is all mine. I can pray any time of the night or day I want or not. I come and go as I please. These may seem like simple freedoms but I am so glad to have them. The bounty I have completely dazzles me. I see and read about our brave troops battling in other lands and they are doing such a wonderful job and I know their living conditions cannot be great. May God bless and protect all of them, every one, and their famililes too.

I have a home to live in off the street and hopefully...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Musings Of An Insomniac

Posted 06-25-2010 at 11:01 AM by caninemom3
Tags sleep

[B]I am sitting here so tired it is [/B]
[B]unbelievable. I went to bed at around 2 this morning because I got involved in watching Stephen King's [I]The Stand [/I]on the Sy-Fy channel. I think it is a good movie, all about good facing off with evil in the final conflict. I just have not been able to sleep. Cannot turn off my mind. [/B][B]A million things racing through my head: [/B]

[B]Is the oil spill ever going to stop ?, Is DJ going to be okay ? Will the cancer stay away ?? Is his baby going to be okay ? Is the world going to be destroyed because of this oil spill ? And what about all the poor fishermen and all the animals all those poor "furcreatures" affected by this spill ? ........and my mind continues to race on and on. I don't really know why I get like this. I always have. Even when I was little I would have bouts like this but in those days being that I was younger I was a lot more resilient. I guess the only thing I can really do about all of...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Christmas And Getting Older

Posted 06-17-2010 at 05:01 PM by caninemom3
Tags time

My name on MMC is Caninemom3, but my real name is Louanne. I have always loved Christmas, in fact just like everyone here I am a Christmas nut !!

Time has passed so fast in my life it is just unbelievable. When I was little, which was in the 1960's my main focus was the gifts. The beautiful wonderful tree just bulging with all those gifts !!! I could scarcely sleep on Christmas Eve in those days. As I have gotten older, I have realized that the most important part of Christmas for me is my family and friends. Most of my family is gone. My parents have both passed as well as my first husband and both my brothers. These days the only "family of origin" I have left is my dear sister. It is hard to believe that Christmas could be more special to me than when I was little but it is just that, more special when I am with my sister. We are a couple of nuts when we get together. You should see us !! Or perhaps you should not !! We seem quite insane and to quote "A...
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award