Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,974
Threads: 53,445
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, CarrollMl
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Kings of Extravagance
By MMC Editor
06-29-2002 08:08 PM
39,886 Views  0 Posts
The Best of Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:51 PM
Last post by Minta
04-01-2014 10:33 AM
47,800 Views  3 Posts
A Mom's Letter to Santa
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:40 PM
Last post by lauriebear
09-16-2011 12:36 PM
59,949 Views  3 Posts
Ryan's Prayer
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:44 PM
54,542 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Poems from...
By MerryCarey
05-15-2012 03:09 PM
43,473 Views  0 Posts
Old

God And The Higgs Boson

Posted 07-07-2012 at 01:37 AM by caninemom3

It seems the scientific world has a new "toy". Scientists at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland have discovered at long last their elusive "masterpiece", the Higgs boson, i.e., the God particle.

I am not an intellectual by any means but I can tell from all the hoopla this has received in the press it is apparently a big deal.

Why ? Well apparently the Higgs boson is the particle that gives matter mass. It is associated with the theory that the universe was created with a "big bang".

I can never understand why when something scientific is discovered the elitists from the physics community always say whatever discovery it is points to there being no creator, no God and the Higgs boson is no exception. I surfed a few forums in the last few days where all these "brainy" people are going on and on about the Higgs boson and how it proves there is no God. Worse yet, the majority of them were saying plenty of rude things...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Old

Running Away From Home

Posted 06-18-2012 at 10:14 PM by caninemom3

Thinking back over the past few months makes me tired. There have been so many ups and downs even a yo-yo couldn't keep track. I have been sad that one of my MMC friends was diagnosed with cancer. I have been joyous because my husband and I finally seem to be communicating better than we ever did. I have been devastated to lose one of my furchildren. I have been exhilerated to be able to leave my old job where I was very unhappy for a new job working the shift I wanted only to be shot down and utterly disappointed because the new job did not work out and I had to crawl back to my old one.

During all of this I was going through a kind of agnostic period in my life. I have had doubts before but never like the doubts I had this time. It seemed as though the world and life and all the troubles that come with them were all crushing me and I had no place to turn. I actually felt for the first time ever that there was nobody there to hear me. I tried to listen but all I heard was...
Old

Take Good Care of My Baby

Posted 05-06-2012 at 09:16 PM by caninemom3
Updated 05-07-2012 at 06:05 AM by caninemom3

There are many changes in life happy and sad. Despite all the changes through the years the one constant I always had was my belief and faith in God. Until now. It is hard for me to believe that it was just Good Friday when I wrote an entry to Jesus in my blog here on MMC. Here I am today with a completly changed perception of everything.

I have drifted from faith and believing right into agnosticism, that is I simply do not know. I am not knocking anyone else who is firm in their faith, I am not trying to promote atheism or even to proselytize being an agnostic. For me the only thing that half way works right now is to say I don't know if any of it is true. I don't know if there is God or Christ or anything.

From my perception I do know that for the most part (for who knows how long) when I have prayed I have felt nothing but emptiness echoing my words. No presence hearing me, no love coming back. I know people can think God is supposed to answer in a certain...
Old

A Love Story

Posted 04-05-2012 at 09:13 PM by caninemom3
Updated 02-15-2013 at 03:30 PM by caninemom3

There was a time when I didn't know about you but you still knew about me. You were there when I was born, even before. You watched me as I grew from a baby into a toddler then a child and on into adulthood. You were there the day my dear mother, Susy, told me about you and how wondrous your love is when I was but a baby. Very early on I felt a very deep connection to you, I felt your presence and your love. I felt I was special to someone besides Susy at last. When I spoke with you I knew you were really listening and that what I had to say really mattered to you. I couldn't believe how much I loved you and more importantly how much you loved me.

Throughout our relationship I have felt your sadness and anger at the things people sometimes do and I have felt your happiness when people are kind and giving and compassionate. I really do not think there was a time when I did not know you or at least my soul.

You have always been there with me. You were with me...
Old

Christmas In My Hometown

Posted 03-27-2012 at 07:40 PM by caninemom3

I live in a small town in Ohio. Massillon at one time was a very, very busy steel town. My father and a lot of my school friends' fathers worked right here at Republic Steel.

Christmas was in those days and still is an event to remember, from a small town perspective that is. We did not have and do not have the fancy hi-tech floats for our Christmas parade like Macy's has. We had and still have home town folks who decorate their cars and trucks with Christmas themes and then all ride through the main street of town and throw candy to all the kids who are on the sidelines waiting for Santa while also trying to promote their businesses.

Christmas music rings clearly through the air and no matter how cold it gets, nobody's spirit drops. It is the same parade now as when I was a little girl. My mother and father would bring me to the parade to see Santa himself. When at last the time came for Santa to appear I like all the little kids today who come to the parade...
Posted in Uncategorized

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award