Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,434
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,754)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Celebrating Christmas in...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 10:03 PM
46,759 Views  0 Posts
Are You a Spug?
By MerryCarey
07-25-2011 09:08 AM
Last post by lauriebear
08-15-2011 12:09 PM
53,120 Views  7 Posts
The Legend of The Boar
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:58 PM
53,594 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Defined
By MMC Editor
05-01-2002 10:19 PM
Last post by JeanetteDi
09-20-2011 08:20 AM
59,111 Views  1 Posts
Mistletoe
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:16 PM
51,476 Views  0 Posts
Old

I Asked And He Gave

Posted 10-28-2011 at 03:05 AM by caninemom3

I asked for Strength.....And God gave me Difficulties to make me strong.

I asked for Wisdom.......And God gave me Problems to solve.

I asked for Prosperity...And God gave me a Brain and Brawn to work.

I asked for Courage......And God gave me Danger to overcome.

I asked for Love.........And God gave me Troubled people to help.

I asked for Favors.......And God gave me Opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted. I received everything I needed.

-- Author Unknown
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Old

A Potpourri Of Events

Posted 10-20-2011 at 12:29 AM by caninemom3

It is quiet in the house......Wish is here beside me, Clancy is happily snoring on the couch. The fire is warm and glowing. Yet here I am. It is 2 a.m. and I can't sleep.

There are so many things on my mind. Today in Ohio a "sheriff"decided to implement a killing spree of wild animals that had been turned loose. No effort to try and tranquilize them. Just kill. I hate violence, especially violence toward animals. If they had been attacking people it may have been one thing but they were not so the "easy" way out was taken, just kill them. I won't EVEN go into what I would like to do that that sheriff. Suffice to say if I had MY WAY he would be given the same chance as those animals were.

Friday marks a few things. One very important event is it is my father's birthday. My dad was born in 1907 so he would be quite old now. I still think of you pop xo and of course I still love you and miss you. You always pretended to be SO GRUFF but as...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Someone To Watch Over Me

Posted 10-15-2011 at 08:00 PM by caninemom3

Today is the perfect Autumn day !! It is cool, the wind is blowing in that perfect October way (being a Christmas nut to me it feels like Santa Claus time !!), and this morning it was dark. When I went outside with Clancy this morning, though it was chilly I took the time to look around at the trees and to feel and breath in Autumn. Such a magical feeling in the air !!

Clancy and I returned back to the living room and I built a small but warm fire, turned the Christmas lights on which are on the mantle as well as my fiberoptic Jack O' Lantern which is on the entertainment center. We all snuggled in for a quiet and cozy morning. After reading a while I became quite drowsy and drifted off to sleep, Wishbone in my arms, Clancy at my feet, all of us in front of the comforting dream-enhancing soft blaze in the fireplace.

A few hours later I was awoken. Clancy was nudging me with that cold nose of hers and giving me desperate kisses. She seemed very concerned about...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Autumn Memories

Posted 09-23-2011 at 10:00 PM by caninemom3

Today was the first day of Autumn and the weather was perfect ! It was a bit rainy and gloomy but as I emerged from the house to go run some errands, it seemed as though there was a kind of glow about the trees and a magic starting to awaken in the air. As I went about the things I had to do today, I found myself smiling in spite of the gloomy weather. Everywhere I looked there were pumpkins for sale and everytime I see a pumpkin, whether it is a Jack O' Lantern or still just a plain old pumpkin I always think of my dad.

When I was very young, perhaps 4 or 5, my dad started taking me with him every year in the Fall to go and look at the candidates for that year's Jack O' Lantern. We would go to many pumpkin patches, sometimes farms until I found just that special one. Sometimes if I could not decide, he would buy all the ones I liked. I held his hand as we went from pumpkin to pumpkin, he being 51 or so and me barely being beyond toddler. Of course, I ALWAYS had to name my...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

"Of All The Charlie Browns In The World....."

Posted 09-17-2011 at 09:17 PM by caninemom3

The most wonderful time of the year is upon us again. Christmas time. The lights, the feeling, the magic in the air that you can actually breath in. Most everyone in my Christmas family are looking forward to the Season of Seasons. I love Christmas absolutlely and totally adore it yet this evening as much as I want to think about it and feel the excitement like everyone else, I cannot.

Frustration. Anger. Sadness. Hopelessnes. Uncertainty. Fear. Regret.

These feelings are not the feelings of someone who is looking forward to Christmas. Instead they are feelings which indicate and have indicated for many years the need for a drastic change in lifestyle. A change I am not brave enough in any way, shape or form to bring about.

I have spoken of this in the past and for those who have read my blog, you know what and who I am referring to.

The problem is I feel powerless to effect the changes that I know in the long run would be best...
Posted in Uncategorized

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award