Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,086
Threads: 53,911
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,784)
Welcome to our newest member, CharlieTheElf
Old

The Smell Of Rain

Posted 09-15-2011 at 12:12 PM by caninemom3

[B]This brings tears to my eyes every time I read it and I wanted to share it with my Christmas family. [/B]

A cold March wind danced around the dead of night in Dallas as the doctor
walked into the small hospital room of Diana Blessing. Still groggy from
surgery, her husband David held her hand as they braced themselves for the
latest news.

That afternoon of March 10, 1991, complications had forced Diana, only
24-weeks pregnant, to undergo an emergency cesarean to deliver the couple's
new daughter, Danae Lu Blessing.

At 12 inches long and weighing only one pound and nine ounces, they already
knew she was perilously premature. Still, the doctor's soft words dropped
like bombs. "I don't think she's going to make it," he said, as kindly as
he could. "There's only a 10-percent chance she will live through the
night, and even then, if by some slim chance she does make it, her future...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Old

In Honor of 911

Posted 09-09-2011 at 11:57 PM by caninemom3

In just a few days it will be the 10th anniversary of the 911 attacks. It is something that touched us all in very private ways yet still outward ways. To this day when I watch a tribute, I cannot help crying hysterically. Here is a tribute to everyone who passed away as a result and their families who survived.

WHERE WAS GOD IN ALL OF THIS?

First of all, God was trying to discourage anyone from taking this
flight. Those four flights together held over 1000 passengers and there
was only 266 aboard.

God was on 4 commercial flights giving terrified passengers the ability
to stay calm. Not one of the family members who was called by a loved
one on one of the high-jacked planes said that passengers were screaming
in the background.

On one of the flights God was giving strength to passengers to try to
overtake the highjackers.

God was busy trying to create obstacles for employees at the...
Old

A Hot Summer Day

Posted 08-11-2011 at 11:18 AM by caninemom3

[B]It was August and what an August. It was so hot if you went outside it felt like you had stepped into an electric blanket turned up to a million degrees. Lawns were dying. There was little rain.

The somewhat young man had just had a birthday in June. He turned 31. He was going through a tough time. Down on his luck. He had lost his job. His wife had kicked him out. He had no other choice but to go and see if his parents would let him move back in. He and his dad never really got along but remarkably his father agreed that his son should come back home.

Every day after he lost his job even though it was Sahara Desert hot he arose early and walked, going from store to store, from business to business to see if anyone could give him employment. He was tired and feeling very down on himself.

His only joys that Summer were when he would occasionally go out with friends and and hang out. He felt embarrassed that he didn't even...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The End of The Magic

Posted 07-24-2011 at 11:21 AM by caninemom3

Christmas in July was to be an exciting and spectacular intro to the Season. The Season I love best. Unfortunately my brother-in-law developed a very, very serious condition and needed emergent surgery.

I know emergencies happen and I know that none of us are immune to them for we are all mortal.

Christmas in Juy has been a non-existant entity for me this year. Actually it strated before my brother-in-law had to have surgery.

I was jabbering away hapily in an e-mail to my sister because we always go to the Hallmark premiere,when her reply took me completely off guard.

It seemed to intimate that because she no longer needs ornaments she did not wish go to the ornament premiere. Never mind that we didn't have to buy anything and that we could use the day for a sister day. That never even entered her mind. Then Wes needed emergent surgery and of course and without question the ornaments were put on hold.

Two weeks...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Turning 60

Posted 07-02-2011 at 04:51 PM by caninemom3

It has been such a nice weekend so far. It has been sunny and warm and Summer is definitely in the air. It just happens that this day is a birthday that is bittersweet. It is the 60th birthday of my belated husband David.

When David was here one of the wonderful things about his birthday, aside from celebrating him, was that it was about that time of the year we began to plan for the coming Christmas Season each year.

It was always so exciting !! David loved Chrstmas almost as much as me. He definitely became the same little kid I do at Christmas. Each year at Christmas he spared no expense or time in making sure everything was as perfect as it could be for me and really for everyone.

There would always be a night, usually just before Christmas by about a week, where we went to his mother's house and he wrapped one by one the gifts he had bought me and would bring them into the living room to let me see them, shake them and wonder. Each ALWAYS...
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award