Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,444
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Mythical Beginnings...
By MMC Editor
07-17-2011 12:19 PM
0 Posts
Zero Liability Season's...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:46 PM
47,845 Views  0 Posts
It's the Gift, Not the...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:38 PM
36,329 Views  0 Posts
Ryan's Prayer
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:44 PM
54,542 Views  0 Posts
Puritan Humbugs and a...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:21 PM
58,085 Views  0 Posts
Old

He Lives !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 04-23-2011 at 08:17 PM by caninemom3

[B][SIZE=3]Mary Magdalene [/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=3]at Jesus' Tomb[/SIZE][/B]

[I]by Max Lucado[/I]
Mary had been there. She had heard the leaders clamor for Jesus’ blood. She had witnessed the Roman whip rip the skin off his back. She had winced as the thorns sliced his brow and wept at the weight of the cross.

In the Louvre there is a painting of the scene of the cross. In the painting the stars are dead and the world is wrapped in darkness. In the shadows there is a kneeling form. It is Mary. She is holding her hands and lips against the bleeding feet of the Christ.

We don’t know if Mary did that, but we know she could have. She was there. She was there to hold her arm around the shoulder of Mary the mother of Jesus. She was there to close his eyes. She was there.
So it’s not surprising that she wants to be there again.

In the early morning mist she arises from her mat, takes her spices and aloes, and leaves her house,...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Old

"Father, Forgive Them"

Posted 04-22-2011 at 11:17 AM by caninemom3

[I]by Max Lucado[/I]

The dialogue that Friday morning was bitter.
From the onlookers, “Come down from the cross if you are the Son of God!”

From the religious leaders, “He saved others but he can’t save himself.”

From the soldiers, “If you are the king of the Jews, save yourself.”

Bitter words. Acidic with sarcasm. Hateful. Irreverent. Wasn’t it enough that he was being crucified? Wasn’t it enough that he was being shamed as a criminal? Were the nails insufficient? Was the crown of thorns too soft? Had the flogging been too short?
For some, apparently so...

Of all the scenes around the cross, this one angers me the most. What kind of people, I ask myself, would mock a dying man? Who would be so base as to pour the salt of scorn upon open wounds? How low and perverted to sneer at one who is laced with pain…

The words thrown that day were meant to wound. And there is nothing more painful than...
Old

Forgotten

Posted 04-19-2011 at 06:52 AM by caninemom3

This blog may be a bit muddled because I am writing after just finishing my midnight shift but I have some things that are important to me that I want to put in writing so to speak.

I remember when I was a child and Easter would come around. Not only do I remember the wonderful bulging Easter baskets I would get each year, but I remember something else too.

My mother, Susy, always taught me that the true meaning of Easter is about Jesus as is the true meaning of Christmas. It is not that we were a terribly religious family. We never attended church together, didn't read the bible together or even pray together. My mother's teachings were enough to impress upon me the importance of this man named Jesus. When I was a child there were any number of TV movies and specials about Him both at Christmas and at Easter and it disturbs me that there are so few this day and age.

To some people, I guess He is just a myth or perhaps to others didn't even really...
Old

The Centurian

Posted 04-18-2011 at 08:45 PM by caninemom3

[I][B]by Max Lucado[/B][/I]

The day began as had a hundred others—dreadfully. It was bad enough to be in Judea, but it was hell to spend hot afternoons on a rocky hill supervising the death of pickpockets and rabble-rousers. Half the crowd taunted, half cried. The soldiers griped. The priests bossed. It was a thankless job in a strange land. He was ready for the day to be over before it began.

He was curious at the attention given to the flatfooted peasant. He smiled as he read the sign that would go on the cross. The condemned looked like anything but a king. His face was lumpy and bruised. His back arched slightly and his eyes faced downward. “Some harmless hick,” mused the centurion. “What could he have done?”
Then Jesus raised his head. He wasn’t angry. He wasn’t uneasy. His eyes were strangely calm as they stared from behind the bloody mask. He looked at those who knew him—moving deliberately from face to face as if he had a word for each.
Old

The Sufferings of His Broken Heart

Posted 04-16-2011 at 06:21 AM by caninemom3

[SIZE=2][IMG]http://maxlucado.com//img/spacer.gif[/IMG][/SIZE][B][SIZE=2]The Sufferings of [/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=2]His Broken Heart[/SIZE][/B]

[I][SIZE=2]by Max Lucado[/SIZE][/I]
[SIZE=2]Go with me for a moment to witness what was perhaps the foggiest night in history. The scene is very simple; you’ll recognize it quickly. A grove of twisted olive trees. Ground cluttered with large rocks. A low stone fence. A dark, dark night.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Now, look into the picture. Look closely through the shadowy foliage. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]See that person? See that solitary figure? What’s he doing? Flat on the ground. Face stained with dirt and tears. Fists pounding the hard earth. Eyes wide with a stupor of fear. Hair matted with salty sweat. Is that blood on his forehead?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]That’s Jesus. Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Maybe you’ve seen the classic portrait of Christ in the garden. Kneeling...

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award