Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > caninemom3 » Entries for December 12, 2012

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,925
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,660)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso
Old

A Journey Of Spirit

Posted 12-12-2012 at 01:28 AM by caninemom3
Updated 12-12-2012 at 01:30 AM by caninemom3

There was a Christmas special which premiered many years ago called Mr. Krueger's Christmas. I think it was largely overlooked and for me it is one of the most moving, Christmassy specials there ever has been. In it, Jimmy Stewart plays a man who is very much alone and very much in need of love and friendship. He is a widowed janitor of an apartment building and daydreams most of the time to escape loneliness. One of his daydreams is about the first Christmas. He daydreams that he is right there when it happened !

This is particularly meaningful for me as I have done the same thing many times. I think of it as a journey of my spirit.

As I daydream, I start to become drowsy and fall asleep and as I do so I can see in my mind the hilly country around me. There are lots of sheep and shepherds in the hills. It is a chilly night though not as chilly as some of our Christmas carols make it. Everything is peaceful as I walk along. Nobody can see me since this journey...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award