Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 53,994
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,616)
Welcome to our newest member, K1081
Old

Old Dog Learning New Tricks

Posted 02-18-2011 at 07:37 PM by caninemom3
Tags dog, learning, trick

From the moment we enter this world we begin learning and if we are lucky we never stop learning as long as we live. I have never had a lot of faith in my ability to learn or for that matter to be able to do anything.

When I look back it seems I HAVE learned a lot over the past 56 years. I learned that I can get through lots of things I never even dreamed I could. I have always envisioned myself as weak and too fragile emotionally to withstand unfortunate circumstances.

The truth is I, as well as all of us I believe, have an inner strength which comes to the surface when we need it. We may not know it is there, but I believe we all have it. I believe our Father has given this gift as well as many others to us.

As I have stated in a previous blog, I was once bullied in school. I never thought I would live through it. Each day was terror but through the grace of God and my wonderful mother and brother, Andy, I learned how to cope. I learned that...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

If Tomorrow Never Comes

Posted 02-16-2011 at 04:38 PM by caninemom3

For my dear mother Susy, David my first husband, Andy, my brother and for all my Christmas Family here on MMC:

IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES

If I knew it would be the last time that I'd see you fall asleep, I would tuck you in more tightly and pray the Lord your soul to keep.

If I knew it would be the last time that I see you walk out the door, I would give you a hug and kiss and call you back for one more.

If I knew it would be the last time I'd hear your voice lifted up in praise, I would video tape each action and word, so I could play them back day after day.

If I knew it would be the last time, I could spare an extra minute or two to stop and say "I love you," instead of assuming, you would KNOW I do.

If I knew it would be the last time I would be there to share your day, well I'm sure you'll have so many more, so I can let just this one slip away.

For surely there's always tomorrow...
Old

A Lesson From Santa !

Posted 02-10-2011 at 08:46 PM by caninemom3

[COLOR=seagreen][/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen][/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen]Late one Christmas Eve, I sank back, [/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen]tired but content, into my easy chair. The kids were in bed, the gifts were wrapped, the milk and cookies waited by the fireplace for Santa. .[/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen]As I sat back admiring the tree with its decorations, I couldn't help feeling that something important was missing. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen]It wasn't [/COLOR][COLOR=seagreen]long before the tiny, twinkling tree lights lulled me to sleep. I don't know how long I slept, but all of a sudden I knew that I wasn't alone. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen]I opened my eyes, and you can imagine my surprise when I saw Santa Claus himself standing next to my [/COLOR][COLOR=seagreen]Christ[/COLOR][COLOR=seagreen]mas tree. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen]He was dressed all in fur from his head to his foot just as the poem described but he was not the...
Old

My List of Chores

Posted 02-08-2011 at 11:35 AM by caninemom3
Tags chores, god, loving

[COLOR=seagreen][B]Monday - Wash Day Lord, help me to wash away all my selfishness and vanity, so I may serve you with perfect humility through the week ahead.

Tuesday - Ironing Day Dear Lord, help me to iron out all the wrinkles of prejudice I have collected through the years so that I may see the beauty in others.

Wednesday - Mending Day O God, help me to mend my ways so I will not set bad example for others.

Thursday - Cleaning Day Lord Jesus, help me to dust out all the many faults I have been hiding in the secret corners of my heart.

Friday - Shopping Day O God, give me the grace to shop wisely so I may purchase eternal happiness for myself and all others in need of love.

Saturday - Cooking Day Help me, my Savior, to brew a big kettle of brotherly love and serve it with clean, sweet bread of human kindness.

Sunday - The Lord's Day O God, I have prepared my house for you. Please come into my heart as my honored...
Old

The Women Of Winter

Posted 02-06-2011 at 03:17 PM by caninemom3

[B][SIZE=4][COLOR=seagreen]Women of Winter[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[COLOR=seagreen][I]by Max Lucado[/I]
[/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]I[/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR=seagreen]THE MOURNERS DIDN’T CAUSE HIM TO STOP. Nor did the large crowd, or even the body of the dead man on the stretcher. It was the woman—the look on her face and the redness in her eyes. He knew immediately what was happening. It was her son who was being carried out, her only son. And if anyone knows the pain that comes from losing your only son, God does…. (Luke 7:11-17)[/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=seagreen]II[/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR=seagreen]His plan was to catch a few winks while the boys went to town for food. And what better place to rest than a well at noon. No one comes for water at this hour. So he sat down, stretched his arms, and leaned against the wall of the well. But his nap was soon interrupted. He opened one eye just wide enough to see her trudging up the trail with a heavy jar on...

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award