Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,124
Threads: 54,222
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,310)
Welcome to our newest member, gorcidurch
Old

Unpleasant Venting

Posted 02-05-2011 at 07:31 PM by caninemom3

Generally I do not like to speak of someone who is not available to give their own opinion on matters which concens them but there comes a time when we all must vent. That is what I am doing here. Right or wrong, these thoughts and emotions MUST come out.

I do not like my life. I haven't in fact liked my life for 18 years. I am only going to make inferences as to why, not naming any specific person while I also keep in mind that I am responsible for some of the unplesantness I experience on a daily basis.

It seems to me that there is nobody to share little joys with for the most part, nobody to share closeness with daily (speaking mainly of emotional closeness), nobody to share hopes and dreams with. Nobody to spontaneously do things on a whim with. If I go out to a store with a "certain someone" It must ONLY be to that store. No place else.

In short there is nobody to make the struggles of life less. There are only worse and worse...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Jesus' Hand Will Touch You Too

Posted 02-05-2011 at 10:14 AM by caninemom3
Tags jesus, mercy

[B][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/B]
[COLOR=seagreen][B]By Max Lucado[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen]The old guy at the corner hasn’t seen him. The woman selling the figs hasn’t either. Jesus described him to the scribes at the gate and the kids in the courtyard. “He’s about this tall. Clothes are ragged. Belly length beard.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen]No one has a clue.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen]For the better part of the day, Jesus has been searching up and down the Jerusalem streets. He didn’t stop for lunch. Hasn’t paused to rest. The only time his feet aren’t moving is when he is asking, “Pardon me, but have you seen the fellow who used to beg on the corner?”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen]Finally, a boy gives him a lead. Jesus takes a back street toward the temple and spots the man sitting on a stump between two donkeys. Christ approaches from behind and places a hand on his shoulder. “There you are!” I’ve been looking for you.” The fellow turns, and, for...
Old

When You Are Low On Hope, by Rev. Max Lucado

Posted 01-30-2011 at 08:50 PM by caninemom3
Tags god, hope

WHEN YOU ARE LOW ON HOPE

[I]By Max Lucado[/I]

Water. All Noah can see is water. The evening sun sinks into it. The clouds are reflected in it. His boat is surrounded by it. Water. Water to the north. Water to the south. Water to the east. Water to the west. Water.

He sent a raven on a scouting mission; it never returned. He sent a dove. It came back shivering and spent, having found no place to roost. Then, just this morning, he tried again. With a prayer he let it go and watched until the bird was no bigger than a speck on a window.

All day he looked for the dove’s return.
Now the sun is setting, and the sky is darkening, and he has come to look one final time, but all he sees is water. Water to the north. Water to the south. Water to the east. Water to the …

You know the feeling. You have stood where Noah stood. You’ve known your share of floods. Flooded by sorrow at the cemetery, stress at the office, anger...
Old

Resolutions

Posted 01-25-2011 at 11:13 PM by caninemom3

MY 10 RESOLUTIONS FOR 2011

This coming year, I have decided that with God's help, I shall:-

Give up complaining . . . focus on gratitude.

Give up harsh judgments . . . think kind thoughts.

Give up worry . . . trust divine providence.

Give up discouragement . . . be full of hope.

Give up bitterness . . . turn to forgiveness.

Give up hatred . . . return good for evil.

Give up anger . . . practice patience.

Give up pettiness . . . put on maturity.

Give up gloom. . . enjoy the beauty that is around me.

Give up gossiping . . . control my tongue.

-- Author Unknown
Old

An Insomniac Diary Part I

Posted 01-25-2011 at 11:07 PM by caninemom3
Tags hope, jobs

It is 12:49 a.m. here. My furchildren are all asleep and so is my husband yet here I am awake. Tired, exhausted and utterly awake. I have given my 2 week notice at my current job and have another job I start next week. I am a medical transcriptionist and I have worked at home for 3-1/2 years with the same company. I will be continuing to work at home but with a new company and the new job is night shift. It should work well in that regard as I am awake so much at night when I should be sleeping.

What is it about changing jobs that is such a big deal ?? I guess that depends on each person to an extent. I know the obvious reasons for me are what if it doesn't work out ? What if I am even more out of work than before ? What if I get "sucky" accounts ? What if ??

All I really know for certain is that I have had to muster up all the courage I can and pray for guidance so that I can leave my present position. We don't get anywhere in this life without...
Posted in Uncategorized

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award