Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,002
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,737)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy
Old

Lucky

Posted 12-09-2010 at 09:04 PM by caninemom3
Tags cancer

Anyone who has pets will really like this. You'll like it even if you don't and may decide you need one.

Mary and her husband Jim had a dog, Lucky. Lucky was a real character. Whenever Mary and Jim had company come for a weekend visit they would warn their friends to not leave their luggage open because Lucky would help himself to whatever struck his fancy. Inevitably someone would forget and something would come up missing.

Mary or Jim would go to Lucky's toy box in the basement and there the treasure would be, amid all of Lucky's favorite toys. Lucky always stashed his finds in his toy box and he was very particular that his toys stay in the box.

It happened that Mary found out she had breast cancer. Something told her she was going to die of this disease...she was just sure it was fatal. She scheduled the double mastectomy, fear riding her shoulders.

The night before she was to go to the hospital she cuddled with Lucky. A thought...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A Christmas Story

Posted 12-08-2010 at 03:20 PM by caninemom3
Tags family

I thought this was such a nice story. I hope everyone enjoys xo

[B]It was only five days before Christmas. The spirit of the season hadn't yet caught up with me, even though cars packed the parking lot of our Houston area Target Shopping Center. Inside the store, it was worse.[/B]

[B]Shopping carts and last minute shoppers jammed the aisles. Why did I [/B][B]come today? I wondered. My feet ached almost as much as my head. [/B][B]My [/B][B]list contained names of several people who claimed they wanted nothing, [/B]
[B]but I knew their feelings would be hurt if I didn't buy them something. [/B]

[B]Buying for someone who had everything and deploring the high cost of [/B][B]items, I considered gift-buying anything but fun.[/B]

[B]Hurriedly, I filled my shopping cart with last minute items and [/B][B]proceeded to the long checkout lines. I picked the shortest but it [/B][B]looked as if it would mean at least a 20 minute wait.[/B]...
Old

Don't We All ?

Posted 12-05-2010 at 08:25 PM by caninemom3
Tags homeless

This is for the homeless man I saw who was just barely hanging on when I saw him on Saturday. In Jesus' name I pray it inspires us to remember this COULD happen to each and every one of us and that we remember nobody is below us and we should never view someone as "not worth it".....Who knows, any of us could wind up in the same situation at any time and the "shoe could wind up on the other foot" so to speak. Let us bless one another with kindness and being non-judgmental to all.

[B]DON'T WE ALL[/B]

[B]I was parked in front of the mall wiping off my car. I had just come [/B][B]from the car wash and was waiting for my wife to get out of work. Coming [/B][B]my way from across the parking lot was what society would consider a [/B][B]bum. [/B]

[B]From the looks of him, he had no car, no home, no clean clothes, [/B][B]and no money. There are times when you feel generous but there are other [/B][B]times that you just don't want to...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A Terrible Decision

Posted 12-03-2010 at 05:14 AM by caninemom3
Tags punkin'

I have always adored animals. My parents raised me to respect them, taught me they have feelings and souls and are to be treated as furry brothers and sisters. I have always tried to uphold these teachings as my parents were 2 of the most wonderful people I have ever loved and there is not a day that goes by that I do not miss them, especially my mother, Susy.

Those commercials on TV are just heart wrenching to me. The ASPCA or Humane Society. There is one that starts out showing a furry little doggie shaking badly and the caption below it is "Why do they keep beating me ?" It not only makes me weep but it outrages me. How dare ANYONE HURT AN ANIMAL OR A CHILD !!! HOW DARE THEY.

Yesterday I had to make a decision which every pet parent probably has to make sooner or later. One of my beloved feline children who had been ill had reached the end of her road.

My journey with Punkin' started 15 years ago. It was Summer, not a good Summer....
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Surviving Bullying

Posted 11-28-2010 at 12:19 PM by caninemom3
Tags bullying

I haven't really talked about bullying until this blog. I have been reading about some of the very sad and tragic cases of what can happen as a consequence of bullying and I truly feel for each victim and their family.

I am a survivor of bullying. Not just as a child or adolescent but also as an adult.

I guess my first experience of real bullying came about when I was in junior high. I hated junior high with a passion. It just so happened at the time when I was in 8th grade my father's alcoholism went into full throttle. It was during that time that he decided to not put food on the table so much and also decided our family did not need the necessities such as soap, laundry soap and things of the sort to keep clean.

I was wearing my sister's clothes, I remember, and she is 11 years older than I so needless to say they did not fit. I have NEVER been a confident person and certainly was not at that stage. A group of the kids knew how to get to...
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award