Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,088
Threads: 53,915
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,660)
Welcome to our newest member, MGunderso
Old

Frustrated !!!!!

Posted 11-14-2010 at 08:07 AM by caninemom3
Tags frustrated

[B]HYE Been so frustrated while trying to work you could spit nails ?[/B][/QUOTE]

[B]It is Sunday morning at 10:01 a.m. I am sitting here, but am supposed to be working. I am a transcriptionist by trade and my shift for Sundays is 6:30 to 11:30 a.m. This morning after I typed my first couple of jobs I began to get error messages that have to do with the server for my company. It was telling me that there was a problem uploading jobs to the hospitals I was trying to send to. In other words, because the server is having a problem, my work goes no place and as long as it goes no place I get no lines which means I get no pay. [/B]

[B]I have e-mailed and e-mailed and shut down my system and rebooted multiple times and still the problem persists. Nobody is getting back to me. Wonderful. My shift is SUPPOSED to be over in an hour and a half. By the time anyone responds to me, if at all, it apparently is going to be this afternoon. [/B]

[B]I am so upset...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Twas The Night Jesus Came

Posted 11-12-2010 at 06:30 PM by caninemom3
Tags bible, night

[SIZE=2][COLOR=seagreen][B]Twas The Night Jesus Came
[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][COLOR=seagreen][B]Twas' the night Jesus came and all through the house,
Not a person was praying, not one in the house.

The Bible was left on the shelf without care,
for no one thought Jesus would come there.
The children were dressing to crawl into bed,
not once ever kneeling or bowing their head.

And Mom in the rocking chair with baby on her lap,
was watching the Late Show as I took a nap.
When out of the east there rose such a clatter,
I sprang to my feet to see what's the matter.

Away to the window I flew like a flash,
tore open the shutters and lifted the sash.
When what to my wondering eyes should appear,
but Angels proclaiming that Jesus was here.

The light of His face made me cover my head,
it was Jesus returning just like He'd said.
And though I possessed worldly...
Old

A Lesson In Charity

Posted 11-11-2010 at 07:17 AM by caninemom3
Tags charity, dirty

[COLOR=seagreen][B]THE BABY AND THE OLD MAN

This is a first-person account from a mother about her family as they ate dinner on Christmas Day in a small restaurant many miles from their home. Nancy, the mother, relates:

We were the only family with children in the restaurant. I sat Erik in a high chair and noticed everyone was quietly eating and talking. Suddenly, Erik squealed with glee and said, "Hi there." He pounded his fat baby hands on the highchair tray. His eyes were wide with excitement and his mouth was bared in a toothless grin. He wriggled and giggled with merriment.

I looked around and saw the source of his merriment. It was a man with a tattered rag of a coat, dirty, greasy and worn. His pants were baggy with a zipper at half-mast and his toes poked out of would be shoes. His shirt was dirty and his hair was uncombed and unwashed. His whiskers were too short to be called a beard and his nose was so varicose, it looked like...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Return of The Worry Wart Kid

Posted 11-10-2010 at 07:19 PM by caninemom3
Tags wart, worry

I am so tired. I wish I could just go to sleep. To rest, what a concept !! No matter how much sleep I get I never seem to feel rested. A lot of it is because I just cannot seem to clear my mind (what little mind I have left after being a young person in the 1960s !!).

There are so many things/situations going on that I do not know the outcomes of which are making me very, very tense.

First, my stepson, DJ, has finished his chemo and went for his followup PET scan yesterday. He will not know the results until next week.

What will they be ?? Did the chemo obliterate the Hodgkin's ? Was there only a partial response ?? What if there was no response at all and it is refractory ?? If it did respond will it come back ??

I worry about so many things. I know that worry is not constructive and is not conducive toward a favorable outcome. It is just the way I am.

I worry constantly about my sister. She is 66 and although...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Who Started Christmas

Posted 11-10-2010 at 03:09 PM by caninemom3

[COLOR=seagreen][B]I must be the world's most annoying blogger. The past few days I have wanted to share the inspiration I feel at Christmas time with my Christmas family. I do not really have words of my own so I have posted a couple of inspirational writings that I thought some might enjoy. Well, here we go again. This is another one. It is to the point and not quite as "fluffy" as the other ones. Nevertheless, I think it makes a good point. [/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen][/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen][B]WHO STARTED CHRISTMAS?

This morning I heard a story on the radio of a woman who was out Christmas shopping with her two children. After many hours of looking at row after row of toys and everything else imaginable. And after hours of hearing both her children asking for everything they saw on those many shelves, she finally made it to the elevator with her two kids.

She was feeling what so many of us feel during the holiday season time...

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award