Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,094
Threads: 53,959
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,308)
Welcome to our newest member, richintampa
Old

A Dream Of A Dream

Posted 03-28-2011 at 03:44 PM by caninemom3

Sleep deprivation and exhaustion can play funny and quirky tricks on us. They can make us not only tired but sometimes I think bring us to the point of hallucinating if we are tired enough.

Since starting midnight shift for my new job in February I have not slept very well except on my evenings of Friday and Saturday both of which I am off. Then I REALLY sleep. The sleep of exhaustion replete with snoring and (eweeee !!) drooling, the whole nine yards. At least I do manage to get "caught up" somehow on the rest I need.

Today started like so many Mondays. This morning at 7:30 when I finished working, I got a bite of breakfast and then went to bed. The only thing missing was the thing I needed most, sleep. I tried to just relax, tried counting polar bears as one member of MMC member suggested I do (Thanks Track !!) but nothing. Not even drowsy. I got up, I laid back down, I got up, I laid back down. I became even more heavy with exhaustion than before....
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Season's Meetings

Posted 12-17-2010 at 06:41 AM by caninemom3
Tags christmas

Each year we ring in the holiday season by attending dozens of holiday meetings. This Christmas committee, that planning event. Then we still have to make the rounds to every store in the metro-plex. 'Tis the season for weeks of ulcer inducing meetings and shopping, then wrapping for about 72 straight hours. Christmas morning I find myself sitting around the tree with a glazed look and half a roll of tape stuck in my hair.

I stack three stories of gifts in front of each child. Within ten minutes we're up to our eyeballs in wrapping paper. I have five children. That's five three-story gift stacks and about 1200 yards of wrapping paper. Last year it took us three days to find the cat.

I was scanning for Christmas sales when I ran across an Internet ad: "100 FREE HOURS!" That's it! That's what I want for Christmas! Not the Internet service--just the hours. My holiday calendar could make grown men weep.

Even if we can't have a chestnut or...
Old

Who Started Christmas

Posted 11-10-2010 at 03:09 PM by caninemom3

[COLOR=seagreen][B]I must be the world's most annoying blogger. The past few days I have wanted to share the inspiration I feel at Christmas time with my Christmas family. I do not really have words of my own so I have posted a couple of inspirational writings that I thought some might enjoy. Well, here we go again. This is another one. It is to the point and not quite as "fluffy" as the other ones. Nevertheless, I think it makes a good point. [/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen][/COLOR]
[COLOR=seagreen][B]WHO STARTED CHRISTMAS?

This morning I heard a story on the radio of a woman who was out Christmas shopping with her two children. After many hours of looking at row after row of toys and everything else imaginable. And after hours of hearing both her children asking for everything they saw on those many shelves, she finally made it to the elevator with her two kids.

She was feeling what so many of us feel during the holiday season time...
Old

The Christmas Ten Commandments

Posted 11-08-2010 at 07:19 AM by caninemom3
Updated 11-10-2010 at 04:46 PM by caninemom3 (commandment)

This is another inspirational and anonymous work I found some time ago and I wanted to share it with my Christmas family when the time was right !! Since it is neary "official" Christmas Season I feel that time is now !! I hope some will like it !!

THE CHRISTMAS TEN COMMANDMENTS

1. Thou shalt give thy heart to Christ. Let Him be at the top of thy Christmas list

2. Thou shalt prepare thy soul for Christmas. Spend not so much on gifts that thy soul is forgotten.

3. Thou shalt not let Santa Claus replace Christ, thus robbing the day of its spiritual reality.

4. Thou shalt not burden the shop girl, the mailman, and the merchant with complaints and demands.

5. Thou shalt give thyself with thy gift. This will increase its value a hundred fold, and he who receiveth it shall treasure it forever.

6. Thou shalt not value gifts received by their cost. Even the least expensive may signify love,...
Old

Killing Christmas

Posted 09-22-2010 at 09:04 PM by caninemom3

I guess I am just an idealistic sap. Each year as Christmas approaches I try to spread the Christmas spirit to everyone around me. I don't do this to be "pushy" or to try and push my faith or anything like that. I do it because it is the one time of the year I feel is truly different and I really do feel the hearts of humans tend to open a bit more at Christmas time to each other. I FEEL Christmas in my very soul and I feel I have to try and share its warmth with everyone.

I always say "Merry CHRISTmas" because for me CHRISTmas is about Christ and family and I do not just mean my family of origin because most of them are gone. I mean the family of mankind. I am usually quite bubbly and overly friendly when I am doing this and get more than a few odd looks from people. That is nothing new. I have been an oddball all my life and if being exuberant in my celebration of Christmas classifies me as an oddball then so be it !!

I somehow allow myself...

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award