Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,087
Threads: 53,914
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,613)
Welcome to our newest member, DoYouHearWhatIHear
Old

An Unwelcome Anniversary

Posted 07-30-2010 at 03:54 AM by caninemom3
Tags death

On August 12 of this year it will be the commemoration of an anniversary I wish had never happened, the death of my beloved big brother, Andy. It will be 33 years this year since Andy passed and to tell you the truth, I still miss him as much now as I did then. Andy was just 31 years of age. A good guy and a bit of a rable rouser. His favorite band was the Rolling Stones. In fact, I can still see him sitting in our parents' living room listening to the Stones with headphones while singing along ! He didn't realize that what was being heard by the rest of us could be likened to a Tom cat wanting to mate. We were very close. He was always very protective of me and let me know that he would be here for me no matter what, except that he no longer is. That Summer day, August 12, 1977, it was very hot. Andy was going through a period of being down on his luck. He had been laid off from his job and was back living with our parents. His wife had kicked him out and was seeking a divorce. Very often...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award