Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,098
Threads: 54,013
Top Poster: xmas365 (167,029)
Welcome to our newest member, sonicboomboy
Old

Forgotten Treasures

Posted 01-28-2013 at 10:52 PM by caninemom3
Updated 01-29-2013 at 06:57 AM by caninemom3

A few days ago I was feeling nostalgic for the "old days" so I decided to go into the small room where all the Christmas things are stored and where there is also an an old fashioned vanity, probably from the 1930's which was my former mother-in-law's. In its drawers are stored a good part of memories from my youth both good and bad. As there is a Christmas tree in that room, beautiful and flocked and always there to plug in when I get really lonesome for Christmas, I turned it on and sat down in front of the vanity and started the journey through my collected memories.

At first I came across diaries I had written when in my early teens and I must say it gave the term "drama queen" whole new meaning but then I was just 15 or younger. There were letters my youngest older brother had written me at a time when he was down on his luck and I was the only contact he had with family. There were plenty of magazines from the 1990s and 1980s and earlier, plenty...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Home For Christmas

Posted 11-16-2012 at 07:15 PM by caninemom3

The little girl was 6 years old and just brimming over with excitement ! Christmastime had come again and it was snowing heavily. A thick sparkling blanket of snow was upon everything outside. It was Christmas Eve 1960 and Santa was going to make his annual appearance that very night.

All was in readiness. Mom was baking cookies and was nearly finished. Dad was doing "dad" things. He always tape recorded Christmas morning on the "latest" in technology tape recorder so he could enjoy hearing everyone in all their Christmas excitement later on when all the chaos was over and he could relax and just enjoy his family. He was also preparing because he was going to record a talk he planned to have with Santa that evening for his 6-year-old. Her two brothers were being very secretive about something as well as her sister and everyone was feeling Christmas in the air. She did not know it but her two brothers had saved for weeks to buy their baby sister a giant...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Christmas Family

Posted 11-11-2011 at 08:05 AM by caninemom3

Many years ago a couple took a journey because of a census. The husband led the way with his wife seated on their donkey. She was growing quite tired and weary as their destination was so far and she was expecting her first child soon.

When they arrived there was not any place they could stay. The only shelter available was in a place where cattle are kept and there was no bed for her baby.

When he was born there were no fancy hospitals, no monitors to make sure he and his mother were okay, nothing but coldness and uncertainty about the future.

The mother and her husband knew everything would be fine as they had great faith and they were right.

As we celebrate Christmas let us remember it does not take money, extravagant presents, or bounties of fattening foods. It just takes being with the ones who are your family and being together. Let us embrace those we love and count our blessings and be kind to one another even if we have...
Old

Nani And The Christmas Ornament

Posted 11-03-2011 at 10:21 PM by caninemom3

I will never forget the Thanksgiving of 1975. It was a truly different and unforgetable Thanksgiving.

At the time, my husband David and I were living in our first home and as luck would have it that year, it was his turn to work midnights the week of Thanksgiving. Knowing that we would not be making it to our parents' homes on the day itself, we celebrated with them earlier.

When Thanksgiving Day itself arrived I was rather blue and lonely. Here it was, Thanksgiving, a day to not only be thankful, but for our family the very start of Christmas Season and while my husband rested in our upstairs bedroom, I watched the Thanksgiving Day parade on TV in a blue fog.

I was POSITIVE this was going to be the WORST Thanksgiving EVER. Until the phone rang.

It was my dear sister. Her name is Margaret but I call her Nani because of the movie, Lilo And Stitch. She too was lonely, and also had the same blue fog about her. She wondered if she...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A Dream Of A Dream

Posted 03-28-2011 at 03:44 PM by caninemom3

Sleep deprivation and exhaustion can play funny and quirky tricks on us. They can make us not only tired but sometimes I think bring us to the point of hallucinating if we are tired enough.

Since starting midnight shift for my new job in February I have not slept very well except on my evenings of Friday and Saturday both of which I am off. Then I REALLY sleep. The sleep of exhaustion replete with snoring and (eweeee !!) drooling, the whole nine yards. At least I do manage to get "caught up" somehow on the rest I need.

Today started like so many Mondays. This morning at 7:30 when I finished working, I got a bite of breakfast and then went to bed. The only thing missing was the thing I needed most, sleep. I tried to just relax, tried counting polar bears as one member of MMC member suggested I do (Thanks Track !!) but nothing. Not even drowsy. I got up, I laid back down, I got up, I laid back down. I became even more heavy with exhaustion than before....
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award