Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » caninemom3

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,975
Threads: 53,447
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,108)
Welcome to our newest member, Angelfrog
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Bells Christmas Where Less is...
By MMC Editor
10-01-2013 06:24 AM
Last post by caninemomssister
11-12-2013 07:51 PM
9,617 Views  1 Posts
In Honor of the...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:16 PM
44,093 Views  0 Posts
Voices of Elves in the...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:22 PM
0 Posts
Merry Christmas or Happy...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:46 PM
46,769 Views  0 Posts
“Santa’s Surprise Party”...
By MerryCarey
05-21-2012 11:15 AM
63,012 Views  0 Posts
Old

A Message From Max

Posted 12-21-2012 at 05:46 AM by caninemom3

[B][I]This is a message from Rev. Max Lucado, a man I very much respect and find inspiration from. I thought it was important to share his thoughts as we approach Christmas this year and include this as part of my blog xo[/I][/B]

Some of the saddest words on earth are: “We don’t have room for you.”
Jesus knew the sound of those words. He was still in Mary’s womb when the innkeeper said, “We don’t have room for you.” (Luke 2:7)
And when he was hung on the cross, wasn’t the message one of utter rejection? “We don’t have room for you in our world.”
Even today Jesus is given the same treatment. He goes from heart to heart, asking if he might enter. Every so often, he’s welcomed. Someone throws open the door of his or her heart and invites him to stay. And to that person Jesus gives this great promise: [I]“In my Father’s house are many rooms.” (John 14:2)[/I]
What a delightful promise he makes us! We make room for him in our hearts….And he makes room for...
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)
Old

The Journey Of A Lifetime

Posted 11-18-2012 at 09:54 PM by caninemom3
Updated 11-18-2012 at 10:06 PM by caninemom3

She was just an ordinary teenager who lived in a small town. Her parents and family were poor and made a modest living off the land but always provided for her and several relatives as was custom. She had always been a very devout Jewish girl being sure to follow to the letter the laws and traditions of her people. As she sat very still listening to the quiet Summer breeze she was both terrified and excited. A visitor had come to see her just a few hours ago. A visitor who was unlike any she had ever seen or spoken with ever in her life. The visitor was almost human looking but had such a presence of the ethereal about it. It could not be described as man or woman but rather as without gender with a kindly face yet with a commanding presence. The words the visitor spoke were most troubling for the young girl whose name was Miriam.

It had told her she was "blessed among all women" and that she had "found favor with God." How could she of all people have...
Old

A Potpourri Of Events

Posted 10-20-2011 at 12:29 AM by caninemom3

It is quiet in the house......Wish is here beside me, Clancy is happily snoring on the couch. The fire is warm and glowing. Yet here I am. It is 2 a.m. and I can't sleep.

There are so many things on my mind. Today in Ohio a "sheriff"decided to implement a killing spree of wild animals that had been turned loose. No effort to try and tranquilize them. Just kill. I hate violence, especially violence toward animals. If they had been attacking people it may have been one thing but they were not so the "easy" way out was taken, just kill them. I won't EVEN go into what I would like to do that that sheriff. Suffice to say if I had MY WAY he would be given the same chance as those animals were.

Friday marks a few things. One very important event is it is my father's birthday. My dad was born in 1907 so he would be quite old now. I still think of you pop xo and of course I still love you and miss you. You always pretended to be SO GRUFF but as...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Smell Of Rain

Posted 09-15-2011 at 12:12 PM by caninemom3

[B]This brings tears to my eyes every time I read it and I wanted to share it with my Christmas family. [/B]

A cold March wind danced around the dead of night in Dallas as the doctor
walked into the small hospital room of Diana Blessing. Still groggy from
surgery, her husband David held her hand as they braced themselves for the
latest news.

That afternoon of March 10, 1991, complications had forced Diana, only
24-weeks pregnant, to undergo an emergency cesarean to deliver the couple's
new daughter, Danae Lu Blessing.

At 12 inches long and weighing only one pound and nine ounces, they already
knew she was perilously premature. Still, the doctor's soft words dropped
like bombs. "I don't think she's going to make it," he said, as kindly as
he could. "There's only a 10-percent chance she will live through the
night, and even then, if by some slim chance she does make it, her future...
Old

He Lives !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 04-23-2011 at 08:17 PM by caninemom3

[B][SIZE=3]Mary Magdalene [/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=3]at Jesus' Tomb[/SIZE][/B]

[I]by Max Lucado[/I]
Mary had been there. She had heard the leaders clamor for Jesus’ blood. She had witnessed the Roman whip rip the skin off his back. She had winced as the thorns sliced his brow and wept at the weight of the cross.

In the Louvre there is a painting of the scene of the cross. In the painting the stars are dead and the world is wrapped in darkness. In the shadows there is a kneeling form. It is Mary. She is holding her hands and lips against the bleeding feet of the Christ.

We don’t know if Mary did that, but we know she could have. She was there. She was there to hold her arm around the shoulder of Mary the mother of Jesus. She was there to close his eyes. She was there.
So it’s not surprising that she wants to be there again.

In the early morning mist she arises from her mat, takes her spices and aloes, and leaves her house,...

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award