Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Maman Noel » Uncategorized

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,132
Threads: 54,248
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, elf princess
Join me as I fulfill my New Year's Resolution to prepare for Christmas 2009 "all through the year!"

Keep me honest, Christmas lovers!
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

January 9th, 2010

Posted 01-09-2010 at 12:00 PM by Sapsorrow (Maman Noel)

It's my second day "on the wagon!" (That is, my second day doing Christmas prep, not the other sense of being on the wagon!)

So far today, I've ordered my Christmas cards with beautiful envelope seals on deep discount. 50 of them used to be a little over $30, but I got them for $8 (we got them from PaperDirect if anyone is interested). I also ordered free mailing labels from VistaPrint, and threw in some nicely discounted matching sticker gift tags, namely for anything we mail. The idea is to label all envelopes as soon as they arrive, then we'll write a little season's greeting and address a few each on the 25th of each month. We don't need to be too thorough about the cards because I'll be including a short story inspired by an incident from Christmas 2009, and then I'll add photo prints that I get for the shipping price from a nice little site.

I didn't used to do Christmas cards, but there are many friends who'd rather a card than anything I...
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Janary 8th, 2010

Posted 01-08-2010 at 01:04 PM by Sapsorrow (Maman Noel)

Happy New Year, happy new blog!

According to my handy Wilson's Almanac, today is Jackson's Day, commemorating the day Andrew Jackson defeated the British in the Battle of New Orleans. This occurred two weeks after the peace treaty ending the War of 1812 was signed, but the French in me thinks that's all right. Apparently the French in the New Orleanians feels the same way, since LA celebrates this day even now.

To make a long story short, Christmas 2009 didn't really happen. It was terribly sad because our eldest has been positively vibrating with Christmas spirit since she first spotted a tree in October. But there was no money and we've been looking after our newborn. My new year's resolution was to make it up to them by planning throughout the year to throw a Christmas as magical as the one at my grandparents' that still haunts my memory. That Christmas will be my model, and I'll tell you about it, but it deserves an entry all its own.

My...
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Posted in Uncategorized

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award