Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,093
Threads: 53,941
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,079)
Welcome to our newest member, RMcGuigan
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

August 3

Posted 08-01-2010 at 09:10 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

Tuesday being August 3, has seemed to be an important day in my life, 3 big or major events have occurred on that date. The first one, probably the least important of the three happened on August 3, 1997, I had quit my job on June 30 that year with nothing lined up, but I had to quit for peace of mind. I was an assistant manager at a fast food restaurant, and if you have ever done that job you know no matter what you do it is not good enough for anybody, and I couldn't handle it anymore so I gave a notice three weeks in advance. I went through the month of July with no job, but looking. On Aug. 3 I got a job at the place I was hoping, I got hired as an assistant manager with a video store, and 1 year later I met my wife at that store.
The second big happening probably one of the top four moments in my life occurred on August 3, 2000. It is the day I got engaged to my wife, we were in Lake George, NY on a vacation, I had bought the ring a few weeks before, planning to ask her during...
Christmas dreaming...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Dog Day Doldrums

Posted 07-29-2010 at 10:33 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

I know we haven't even hit August yet, but it feels like the dog days have been here for months. I just want autumn to be here, and with it the subtle signs of the holiday season yet to come. First the rite of fall by going to the orchard and picking our own apples and enjoying cider donuts, we have three generations of our family go and make a big deal of it. Followed by going out and picking the pumpkins for Halloween, and finding the perfect one (or two,or three). By now most stores have all or almost all of there Christmas decorations up, and the Sunday paper ads are showing pictures of decorations. It is days like today when the heat and humidity just take the fun out of doing anything outside and you are cooped up inside trying to keep cool, and are forced to imagine the cool crisp days of autumn and how far away it feels, yet you look at the calender and see it is less then eight weeks away. Autumn to me is the "beginning," the start of something special, the start of...
Christmas dreaming...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Career Goals?

Posted 07-26-2010 at 10:49 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

Now that it has been about a week since my big let down at work, and it has got me thinking of what I have done with my life career wise. I had all these plans when I was younger like most of us probably did, I wanted to be a baseball player since I was the best player on my Little League team, but got to high school and learned I couldn't hit a curveball. I wanted to be a chef, I have a love of cooking, and I do pretty well figuring out my favorite restaurants dishes and add my own touch to them, but the long hours in a hot kitchen scared me away from that. I went to college and chose what everybody chooses for a major if they are undecided Liberal Arts. I thought I had it all figured out, yet here I am in my mid-30's and a college drop out stuck in a retail/grocery type job nearly dreading every time I go into work. I get paid very well, and I put forth 100% effort every time I work, sometimes to the detriment to my body. I still would like to get a degree, my wife is finishing up her...
Christmas dreaming...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Frustration Runs Through It

Posted 07-21-2010 at 10:30 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

I have learned during my years of writing, to let emotions wane before writing, especially if the emotions are painful. Tonight I am making an exception, because I do not know what else to do. I have been writing for a few weeks now about a promotion I was certain I was going to get, only to be disappointed tonight, when I learned I did not get it. I guess I got the confidence in this promotion, because my boss was the one to search me out for this position, and not the other way around. I understand the person that got the position has a little more experience in that area than I, and I am truly happy for him, as he is a great friend and a deserving fellow. I am extremely saddened right now for myself, as I looked at this as what my family needed, the money was going to be equal to getting an extra paycheck a month, and who couldn't use that, I could feel like I could be proud of my work again instead of burdensome, and always freezing. I am sick of working in a freezer, I have been doing...
Christmas dreaming...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Love at First Sight and Other Strange Occurrences

Posted 07-16-2010 at 12:59 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

I have a little time on my hands today so I thought I would just do a little nonsense writing. Since I have been on vacation for nearly two weeks, I thought I would do a little thing on strange numbers or happenings in my life.
1.) The Number 13
I know some people have a "fear" or superstition of this number, but I do not have either of those. The number just has occurred on very meaningful dates in my life: My mother passed away on March, 13, my oldest son was born on April, 13, and my younger son was born not on the 13th, but his birth time was 1:13PM or in military time 13:13. Does this number have a specific meaning or is it just coincidence. Just one little mystery in my life.
2.)I also do not believe to much into ESP, or psychics, but on a few occasions I have had visions of not good things, the first one is when my mother was going through her breast cancer treatments at UMass Medical Center in Worcester, MA. My sister and I would visit her in the...
Christmas dreaming...
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award