Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,464
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Rudolph Controversy
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:21 PM
47,980 Views  0 Posts
"Christmas Every Day"...
By MerryCarey
10-28-2011 02:23 PM
65,921 Views  0 Posts
A Parent's Night Before...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 06:41 PM
40,434 Views  0 Posts
Who Put the X in...
By MMC Editor
06-22-2010 10:45 PM
0 Posts
A Forgotten Classic:...
By MerryCarey
07-26-2011 08:06 AM
Last post by MerryBells
07-31-2011 06:14 PM
2 Posts
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Thank You, NHL!

Posted 06-10-2010 at 10:39 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

As another great hockey season came to a close last night, I was able to sit back and reflect on the season as a fan. Many of you probably can tell by reading my posts I am a hockey fanatic. I will always say that in sports terms baseball was my first love, but hockey is my true love. Growing up in New England during the 80's and 90's you could always count on two things, the Red Sox breaking your heart, and the Bruins making the playoffs, the latter set a record making the playoffs 29 years straight. I spent many winter days playing hockey on the frozen ponds for hours, until it got to dark to see, I was never a great skater but I was playing hockey and that is all that mattered. Growing up I was always a Bruins fan, and I started following Mario Lemieux, I was in awe of his talent, the moves he made, the accuracy of his shot, I became a Penguins fan also, so the Bruins are #1 and the Pens #1A to me. This season didn't end like I wished when both my teams lost in the second round, but...
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

I Have Got Christmas on My Mind!!!

Posted 05-17-2010 at 09:33 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

Funny, I know, to be thinking of Christmas while on a website dedicated to the most wonderful time of the year. I have never spent as much time thinking about Christmas as I have since joining. It may be only May, but I have listened to some Christmas music a lot more during the "off-season" this year than in years past, I spend time looking on Ebay for a good deal on anything Christmas especially DVD's, I am in overdrive trying to think of ways to decorate the house for the upcoming holidays, and starting to get in the mindset to look for Christmas gifts for family and friends. I am really looking forward to the holidays this year, (as I do every year) My boys will be another year older my younger one starts to get excited when he sees pictures of Santa so he will understand that aspect this year. MMC is now my favorite website, I do not have a Facebook or Myspace account, this is as close as I will probably get to one, because I like this small community of people who have...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Confessions of a Soda Pop Junkie

Posted 04-28-2010 at 10:46 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

Hi my name is Ron and I am addicted to Soda, Coca Cola to be exact. As I have posted in Christmas Countdown I have been diagnosed with borderline high blood pressure, which is still high, and my doctor wants me to lose 25lbs and that should take care of it in his opinion. I have been going for tests for almost a year for my blood pressure and each time it was high, we thought it may be just a case of "White Coat Syndrome" (fear of doctor visits) but it is not. The first thing I decided to do to start my weight loss was cut the sugary cereals, which was easy to do. Next was to stop drinking regular soda, switch to diet or none at all. It has now been over 9 days since my last taste of Coca Cola Classic and it is getting easier as the days go by, the first five days were the toughest, always craving it but I supplemented it with Coke Zero and it has worked thus far.
I can go back over the last ten years and count on one hand how many days I did not have some sort of soda,...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

My Little Guy Broke His Arm

Posted 03-29-2010 at 02:11 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

LC (my 2 year old) fell off his chair and broke is arm Friday night. He is doing fine and we didn't realize he had broken it until he had x-rays taken Saturday morning. He is a tough little guy and and was occasionally saying ow! That is what made us take him to the emergency room because he never complains about being hurt, if he cries it is only for a second and he is over it. Now he has this huge splint on his arm, but he has already learned how to use it for his advantage. (and weapon on big bro) He will be in a splint/cast for 3 weeks.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Terrible Twos, Here We Go Again

Posted 03-20-2010 at 04:34 AM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

Today happens to be the second birthday of my younger son, I can't believe he is already 2, he is still the/our "baby." I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday, and to see how far he has come is just as an amazing journey as it has been with his big brother. He is the most mild child but he is already a free spirit, and he is not a "terrible two' just yet and as we found out three was a lot worse than two with our first. We are being sure to enjoy this, because we feel at this time we are done having children. He loves Toy Story and that is what the theme of his party is but in the last few weeks he has developed a new favorite cartoon, and it happens to be Noddy, and it was hard to find stuff (toys) from it, but his Aunt came through with a couple things, but we got him a little bicycle with training wheels.
Happy Birthday LC!
Posted in Uncategorized

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award