Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,228
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,429)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

The Christmas Bug is Buzzing!

Posted 09-07-2011 at 09:06 AM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

With Christmas still more than 3 months in the future, and the decorating season 2 months away, I have been really bitten by the Christmas bug this year. I cannot wait for the season to begin this year, the fun, the parties, just that warm special feeling that is in the air all December long, it is a shame that feeling can't last longer throughout the year. I have mentioned before in my blog and in the forums how off kilter our spring/summer has been, but it is time to move on from that and focus on all things red & green, going to a few local gift shops this past weekend and seeing their Christmas decorations and smelling the Christmas candles has really stoked the "Christmas fire" in my belly. It has also really made me realize how bad I want to get this Christmas store going, but that is still years away at this point.

Why is Christmas so special to so many of us we feel the need to find it and live it everyday of the year?
There is nothing like...
Christmas dreaming...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A Holiday Downsizing

Posted 09-04-2011 at 06:28 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

As we screech past this Labor Day weekend, the holiday season is quickly approaching. This year we will be "downsizing" our gift lists outside of our immediate family, this was a tough decision to come about, but with everything that we have gone through this year, and add in things we have not been able to control like the tornado, flooding in the basement four times thus far we have been left with little choice. We have to talk to family and friends about this, which may or may not be a welcome idea to some.
I know Christmas is not about the gifts, but I do enjoy giving and getting gifts, it will be strange as we aim to keep it low key this year. I hope everyone understands our reasoning, but with rising costs of everything, especially food, gas, heating oil, student loans, etc... and unseen expenses that always seem to pop up around that time of year.

Christmas is still going to be great as we will still will have our traditions of decorations, Christmas...
Christmas dreaming...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Fall-ing Through Summer

Posted 08-20-2011 at 08:05 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

I sit here, wondering what to write about, I have fallen off the bike of posting to my blog in a regular routine.

This summer from "hell" started two days after Memorial Day with the tornado that has crippled my town, my mother in law being sick and hospitalized for over a week, my wife's grandmother passing, my wife's other grandmother not doing well, and the endless days of work. This summer has been a very long one and it never started out right, it has never gotten on track.

The saying is hope springs eternal rings true for us right now, with autumn quickly approaching, our town is getting ready to celebrate a belated July 4th party, just delayed a bit by the tornado. We will have fireworks, concerts and so on, as a time of renewal for this town. The school year starts in a week, and I am getting excited of getting this summer of discontent behind us. At work, I feel like I am an actual manager again, we are hitting on all cylinders and my...
Christmas dreaming...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Hamster On A Wheel

Posted 07-10-2011 at 06:39 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)
Tags vacation, work

As I sit here getting ready to wind down for the night, I have that feeling in the pit of my stomach, the feeling of dread of going back to work. I have worked for the same company for the last 10.5 years and its the same thing everyday, prep for the day and put out fires that are not my own because I unfortunately work with some people who do not care if they do their job or not. I don't like to complain about the others as I like everyone I work with but it just annoys me to no end where I have to do other peoples work until I need help getting caught up in my own job. I have no sense of accomplishment in my job anymore, and now that my vacation is over my thoughts turn over to my dream of running my own shop. I have years to wait yet I cannot wait until that day is here. Until then as a semi-wise man once told me: "It's a rat race, and the rats are winning."
Christmas dreaming...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

A Time of Hope and Healing.

Posted 06-09-2011 at 09:48 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

Now that a week has passed since the devastating tornado destroyed part of my town, you can really start to see the heroes that have helped out this town be it the volunteer firefighters, the National Guard, police, or regular everyday people. The high school finally had its graduation last night (Wed.) and the Governor gave the speech to a great group of kids, many of whom used there own money to buy food for the volunteers, or just volunteered their own time to help people sift through the rubble. It is so refreshing to see the teens step up and help out when this town needed it most. A family in a neighboring town let a family that lost everything, use a house that no one was living in. It has been a terrible thing this town has gone through, but we will be stronger in the end.
As with any tragedy you have the lowlifes who scam the most down on their luck people at their weakest moment. There has been a story of a team of people who help remove trees that were knocked down by...
Christmas dreaming...
Posted in Uncategorized

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award