Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Christmas, Life, and Family

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,092
Threads: 53,938
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,916)
Welcome to our newest member, Sandy Horton
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Old

Fall Blurbs!

Posted 09-08-2010 at 10:05 AM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

Growing up back to school time for me was not a good time, I actually dreaded it. Being a very shy child I struggled with making friends especially after moving to 5 different towns in 6 years, I was perpetually the new kid every year, and it made it very easy for other children to pick on me.
Now my older boy is in kindergarten, and I hope he grows to enjoy school, it will be a huge advantage for him to really like it. If I can help it we will never move from this town so he can grow up with the same kids he has been with since pre-school.

Next week we will be doing our family trip to the apple orchard to pick our apples for pies and other desserts, I really look forward to that day and I hope there will be a chill in the air because it is more seasonal with that little chill. After picking the apples we will have cider and cider doughnuts and I will pick up that painting of the boy with the Santa hat building a snowman. It is such a great family day for us, 13...
Christmas dreaming...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The World Needs More Christmas Spirit

Posted 09-03-2010 at 10:45 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

As I lay in bed, I should be going to sleep, but I have something or many things on my mind that are bothering me tonight. I am so depressed and angered at what has been going on in the world and in my own neck of the woods that makes no sense lately. I will start with the story that really got me thinking about that woman who had a cup of acid thrown in her face for apparently being attractive, why would someone do something like that to another human being? I cannot grasp hurting someone at all, and to do something that could change someones physical appearance tears me apart. I cannot fathom what that poor woman is going through right now, not knowing who to trust that is walking toward you. My thoughts and prayers go out to her. Watching people drive lately has also been a nightmare, I nearly got into an accident today because someone pulled out in front of me, and my car went into a skid because I was so close when they pulled out. I saw someone pass another car and then slam on their...
Christmas dreaming...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Four Months Until The Big Day

Posted 08-25-2010 at 09:29 AM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

Looking at the calender I see we are now 4 months away to Christmas Day and only about 2 months away from decorating for the season and I am realizing I am starting to get a little behind in my planning. I learned of keeping a notebook when I became a member of this site but I procrastinated and here we are and I never did start one. So instead of one of my normal blogs I am doing sort of an impromptu checklist for myself to get myself back on track and I won't lose it this way.

1. Start putting together Christmas list for family and myself. Usually start this in May but I didn't and will be "rushing" for myself since my wife is already asking for it so she can start shopping.
2.Plan for Christmas Eve Family party, put together menu and what for each guest to bring. Two years ago we made homemade Buffalo wings and Garlic Parmesan wings along with Snickerdoodle cookies, and my wife's peppermint bark. Try new recipes especially the Peppermint Patty Surprise...
Christmas dreaming...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

My Battle With Anxiety

Posted 08-18-2010 at 10:57 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

This weekend while we were enjoying our time away, an old nemesis found its way back into my life with a vengeance. It had not reared its ugly head for quite awhile, and I thought it was under control since I am on medication for it now and have been for the last 5-6 months. The culprit is anxiety, or more appropriately put anxiety attack or panic attack. We were about to have lunch at an extremely busy food court, we just found a table and we were about to order and I just froze, I could not move, think clearly, or even figure out what to do next. My wife was egging me to go order and I could not do it, she didn't realize what was going on and at that moment I couldn't even tell her, she started getting upset with me and I was finally was able to tell her I was having an anxiety attack, she was able to convince me to get outside and I instantly started feeling better. It is such a scary feeling feeling like that, when your chest feels like it is getting squeezed in a vice and it gets...
Christmas dreaming...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Red Jacket

Posted 08-12-2010 at 10:32 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

When I was younger watching The Santa Clause for the first few times I always thought, how cool would that be to become Santa and live the life of fantasy and be able to bring joy to the world over. I would have given up everything much like Scott Calvin did to become the big guy. Now as they say wisdom comes with age, I look at the blessings in my life and would I really want to give up all I have to become the big guy. I can only imagine the feelings of joy brought on by being Santa Claus, but the reason in me now makes me think what a lonely life that might be, no family around, yeah sure you would have the elves but it is not like having your family. In my life the decisions I have made have made me into the man I am today, and if I could make some decisions over I would do probably do some different, but most I would do the same over and over. Scott Calvin made his decision by putting on the red jacket, it took over his life for better or worse, making him leave his old life behind....
Christmas dreaming...
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award