Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Christmas, Life, and Family

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,971
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, BelenikovaRord
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Feast of Fools
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:33 PM
53,994 Views  0 Posts
It's a Wonderful Life...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:17 PM
52,061 Views  0 Posts
How to Make the Most of...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:55 PM
47,565 Views  0 Posts
Xtree1 The Fir Tree
By MMC Editor
09-25-2011 07:00 AM
77,464 Views  0 Posts
The Muppet Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:09 PM
49,660 Views  0 Posts
My name is Ron, I am a Christmas nut always have been always will be. I am first and foremost a stay at home dad that has an evening job at a retail/grocery establishment. After my second son was born I stepped down from my management position, so my wife and I don't have to pay for daycare. My wife is a teacher in the town we live, so people recognize us everywhere in our little town.
My wife and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 boys aged 6 and 3, both are young Christmas nuts.

I have loved Christmas as long as I remember
from seeing the lights on all the houses, to seeing if I could stay awake to see Santa.
Christmas has been the one constant in my life it has always been there for me, through the rough times of my parents divorce when I was 10 y/o or my mother's passing when I was 16.
Everyone always tried to make it something special for myself and sister when we were young no matter what was going on. I now believe that is why I love this time of year more than any other because of the efforts of my family to hold it above any other time of year. I get to make the season special for my boys now, whether it be by playing the music decorating the house and yard or just playing the dvd's. The memories the season has brought have always warm and it is no wonder why I look forward to making more of these memories every year. My favorite Christmas movie is A Christmas Story my favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. My favorite Christmas artist is Bing Crosby.
Well if I ran on a little bit I am sorry I am new to blogging, it sounds always better in your mind.
I will try to keep posting and making it interesting for all who read.
Old

Dad...it's a learning job

Posted 02-01-2010 at 09:54 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

I don't know sometimes how or what I should be doing when it comes to fatherhood.
I try to make the right decisions for my boys at all times, but sometimes I don't have the energy to be as firm as I should. My 4 y/o is a high energy, high maintenance child, all the attention is to be on him at all times, while my 1 y/o soon to be 2 y/o toddler is a toddler nuff said. They are always on the go, getting into things that they shouldn't, you know kids stuff. As I have said before I am a stay at home father first and foremost, so I am home with them 8-9 hours during the day, and I have to find the energy to go to work 6 hours a night, after my wife gets home. So by the end of the week I am burnt out, which is where the not having energy comes in.
I love my boys more than anything, but right now they are testing my patience, and I worry it is affecting my relationship with them, especially my 4 y/o. I feel the only way to get through to him is by raising my voice or yelling...
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Page 4 From The Diary of Mr. Mom

Posted 01-26-2010 at 08:11 AM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

I have truly learned that being Mr. Mom is not as easy as I thought it would be. I have been doing this now for 1.5 years, and I thought it was going to get easier as they got older. Boy was I wrong! It has gotten more trying mainly because I didn't take into mind that the infant turns into a toddler who gets into everything. I had forgotten how "busy" they are from age 1 1/2 until ? LC turns 2 in March and his big brother JP turns 5 in April so I get a little breather next fall when JP goes to kindergarten. JP has developed a fear of everything in the last week I think it has something to do with seperation anxiety he does not want his mother to leave and wants to sleep with the light on. My other peeve is laundry no matter what I do I cannot stay on top of it I fall behind and have to try to do 6 loads in one day, and don't even bring up the folding. I give all the housewives and single mothers out there all the respect in the world. Since this is a Christmas site I have...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Santa Claus, Broken Toys, and Pajamas

Posted 01-22-2010 at 11:23 AM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

I officially know that my 1 y/o toddler is becoming a Christmas nut, the last few days when he has gone to bed or gone down for a nap he has to have 2 things with him his binky and his brothers Santa Claus action figure (from Rudolph)
Put him in his crib and he looks for Santa and clutches him as he falls asleep. Here we are
not a month past Christmas and 3 of the toys my older son got have been broken 2 repaired with super glue and one to the big toy store in the sky.
He is still learning to pick things up and not leave things where his brother can get to it.
Have you ever noticed how many people wear their pajamas in public? I am noticing it more and more lately both men and women. I guess I just do not get it, I can't even go out to the driveway to get my Sunday paper in my PJs.
Have a happy and safe weekend.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Snow squalls and sunlight!

Posted 01-20-2010 at 11:55 AM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

Strange day up in 413 today, kids were nuts today
little one down for nap other off to preschool,
much needed quiet time before I go off to work for the evening. Went and rented Night at the Museum 2, they didn't take the lock off of the case so I have to go back and have them remove it
I dropped off my boy at preschool and went to buy the newspaper, and a squall goes by with the
most picturesque snowfall I've seen in a long time.
Looked like ones you see in the movies with the BIG flakes everywhere very Christmasy, now it is blue skies and very sunny. Looking forward to Penguins vs Capitals tomorrow night Crosby vs Ovie. I'll be writing soon, finding this blog thing pretty relaxing after 2 postings
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Got to take down my last tree.

Posted 01-19-2010 at 12:09 PM by xmas365 (Christmas, Life, and Family)

Time is moving to quickly right now, I have a tree up that I need to take down, took the first one down last Monday, was to take down the second one down over the weekend but got behind.
I know part of the problem is I don't want to do it because it is the end of decorations until November.

Let the bells ring out for Christmas!
Posted in Uncategorized

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award