Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > lauriebear » General Christmas

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,132
Threads: 54,249
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, elf princess
General Christmas For blogs talking about all things Christmas.
Old

Handel's Hallelujah Chorus

Posted 12-14-2011 at 09:42 AM by lauriebear
Tags music

Handel's Messiah is a story of resurrection. It is both the biblical story of Christ's life and resurrection on earth, and the story of Handel's return from oblivion.
Like many of the great composers, Handel was a child prodigy. He began composing operas at young age and by his twenties he was the best paid composer on earth with people fighting for seats whenever he performed. However, fame is fleeting and Handel’s music soon became old-fashioned. No matter what Handel tried, his compositions failed. Bankruptcy and depression followed. Handel had a stroke and developed a palsy that crippled his fingers.
It seemed that Handel’s career was over. Frederick the Great wrote that “Handel’s great days are over, his inspiration is exhausted.” Yet the very situations that seemed to destroy Handel changed him and gave his compositions more depth and feeling.

The Inspiration for the Oratorio

Handel’s friend and patron Charles Jennens sent him a libretto...
Christmas Deity
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Why do non christians celebrate christmas?

Posted 09-15-2011 at 09:01 AM by lauriebear

CM3 this is for you... I LOVE this, LOVE it, if more would live it then it doesn't matter why you celebrate, just so long as we are kind and loving to EVERYONE, not just those who believe in Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
This just reflects what all before me have said.......I just kind of like the overall message. I think too many folks get hung up on what everyone else is doing and are not paying attention to their own lives. Excluding someone from celebrating Christmas because of their religious preferences is like excluding someone from a hug that they may really need...xo

HOW TO CELEBRATE CHRIST'S BIRTHDAY
-- from Christ

Dear children,

It has come to my attention that many of you are upset that folks are taking My name out of the season. Maybe you've forgotten that I wasn't actually born during this time of the year and that it was some of your predecessors who decided to celebrate My birthday on what was actually a time of pagan
Christmas Deity
Old

I do believe in Santa!

Posted 09-02-2011 at 09:26 AM by lauriebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriebear View Post
Believing in Santa

What a powerful question really when one thinks about it… I often think back to the time that I truly knew there was a Santa Claus. Do I believe, I think I have before I even knew to have doubts. I think I came to truly know he existed when I was about 19, I was in college and like many before me struggling to make ends meet. Working two jobs, a car that barely ran. Rent, insurance, tuition, books, heat, electric, gas, the amount of debt I was in was overwhelming to me. I think I was at my lowest at Christmas time, everyone else on break rushing home to family and me with no one close left alive and nowhere to go, no money to spare. I couldn’t even afford a tree, I was bitter and just feeling horrible and then my car breaks down. I really was in a bad way. I had no money to even get it towed it was on the side of the highway. I was in the car crying and a police offer (a Michigan State Policeman) approached I didn’t even hear his car pull
Christmas Deity
Old

OH me Oh my.... 1st Class Elf... Dreams do come true!

Posted 07-28-2011 at 12:13 PM by lauriebear

So, I was late logging in today had lots to do (well I am a 1st class elf you know and we elves have lots to do!) And BAM!!! There it is for all the MMC world to see, I Lauribear am a 1st Class Elf!!! What a HAPPY surprise. Now I know you may think this will go right to my head and I will slack but NOT me, oh no, I have been dreaming of this for a while (all of 24 hours) and that's a lot of time I have lots to do now that I am a 1st class elf, I need to go start spreading good tidings and cheer!!!! I'll be back I have a story to write still, see so much to do!!!!
Christmas Deity
Old

Reporting for Duty - LB - Elf 2nd Class!!!

Posted 07-27-2011 at 08:30 AM by lauriebear

I noticed I moved up in rank, I was an elf 3rd class now I am an elf 2nd class…. Now how much more responsibilities does this step up entail I ponder… Does it mean I get more cookies from Mrs. Claus? Or do I get to maintain the Christmas tree ornaments from the 2nd tier to the top tier??? Or maybe it means I get to have two choices of hot coco, regular and peppermint… Now I call that a step up! Who knew being an elf 2nd class had so many advantages… Did you? Well I didn’t! What a happy surprise I say, yes indeed it is… Now, maybe this means I need to prepare a speech and let everyone know how awesome their support of me was… I wonder what else is in store for me, if I have become and elf 2nd class what else can I do, the possibilities seem endless…. Here’s to me becoming the 2nd in command of the 2nd in command to the 2nd in command… WOW here I come elf success!!!
Christmas Deity

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award