Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > lauriebear » Religion & Philosophy

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,431
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,553)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
22 16x16 Hot Cocoa or Hot...
By Meceka
10-09-2011 10:58 PM
Last post by Riccardo Vasquez
04-04-2014 01:38 AM
3 Posts
Bells Christmas Where Less is...
By MMC Editor
10-01-2013 06:24 AM
Last post by caninemomssister
11-12-2013 07:51 PM
9,532 Views  1 Posts
The Reality of Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:26 PM
47,844 Views  0 Posts
Top Ten Christmas Videos...
By Jeff Westover
12-16-2013 08:10 AM
14,032 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Poems from...
By MerryCarey
05-15-2012 03:09 PM
43,441 Views  0 Posts
Religion & Philosophy Free thinkers and deep thinkers who explore the meaning of Christmas blog here.
Old

Who do you want to be in 2013

Posted 01-09-2013 at 11:31 AM by lauriebear

I was asked this question today. Well, as I pondered the answer, the little girl standing next to me on the subway stated, I want to be me!!! I smiled at that simple answer, and I looked at the person who asked me this and I said, I ditto her answer, I too want to be me. We all laughed a little, but it really had me thinking. As I walked into my field office I asked some of my foremen, who they wanted to be in 2013, some answered rich, others said retired, a few just said I don't know. Well, to be honest I didn't know either. I want to be me but who is me...

Now it really has me thinking, so I will pose this question to MMC too, who do you want to be in 2013. On December 1st we should go back and see if we lived up to our own expectations.

Here is what I will strive for in 2013 - this is who I want to be...

1. I will smile at everyone on the subway, and I mean everyone even the ones I would shy away from.

2. I will turn...
Christmas Deity
Old

What Christmas Means To Me

Posted 12-10-2012 at 09:33 AM by lauriebear

What Christmas Means To Me

Over the last few weeks I have heard and have been a part of some conversations about Christmas, the whole “Happy Holidays” vs. Merry Christmas. I also kept my mouth shut on some occasions as I truly disagreed with what was being said and decided to not “fuel the fire” so to speak.

So I figured I can write this and post it to my blog here for anyone who might what to read what this time of year means to me. Let me remind you before you start reading, this is solely my opinion, that’s all, and it is how I see this time and why it is special to me.

When the Christmas time draws near (for me it is late September), I really start thinking about what I would like to make and give out. I start to reminisce of the past Christmas cheer and joy. I get excited to see the new Christmas movies that will be on, and the old ones that are part of my family’s traditions to watch. I love to see who is coming out with a new...
Christmas Deity
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Did you re-gift your childhood???

Posted 12-27-2011 at 09:05 AM by lauriebear

Today is 12/27/2011, a time now when most of the world is starting to look towards New Year’s Eve and resolutions for the New Year. My question is this to you MMC, if you were part of the Countdown to the season I was honored with the privileged to have post #3, on the countdown. I asked everyone to re-gift their childhood, and experience Christmas with the heart of a child again. Did you? How many wrapped up a gift for themselves to open and experience Christmas with the innocents of a child again? I know I did, I wrapped it up and gave it to myself this season and I am not sure if this had anything to do with it but I must admit I had a wonderful time!!! I found myself being just a little kinder, a little more forgiving, and just in general understanding. I stated in this post that “Christmas, not New Years Day, is a time when we can start anew, fresh, begin again, be reborn, however you may want to look at it. You see it really is the perfect time, for this is when we are...
Christmas Deity
Old

What is Peace on Earth???

Posted 12-16-2011 at 07:17 AM by lauriebear

What is Peace on Earth, where and did the idea come from, why do we still wish for it? Yesterday I goggled the saying “Peace On Earth” a lot popped up, in fact I had 493,000,000 results!!! One I found to be quite extraordinary a cartoon made in 1939, about how man killed themselves off and the creatures find a Bible and actually live by it, truly Peace On Earth. It was remade in 1955 and called Good Will To Man.
What does this all mean I still am searching, I also found so ugly sites, people mocking Peace on Earth, saying how humans and mankind are engineered to fight, that we fight because we envy what another has, another said if there was Peace On Earth that would mean one government toppled the entire world and we would be living under a dictator!!! Others said Peace on Earth would make it boring…
SO here I ponder just a few days from Christmas, what is Peace on Earth. Is it what I thought as a child that all mankind would come together and love one another? That...
Christmas Deity
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

What do I mean when I wish someone a Merry Christmas?

Posted 12-15-2011 at 02:18 PM by lauriebear

I posted in a forum here Atheists Amongst Us?” It is a poll, and it now has me thinking, what do I mean when I wish someone a Merry Christmas? Do I push my beliefs on others? While I wish I could say no, I wonder now, in my own way, by saying Merry Christmas am I pushing my belief? I feel very strongly about Christmas, and what it means to me. In my Church we do not “show” the baby Jesus until Mid-Night Christmas Morning, the manger right now as we speak is empty, the Baby will not be place in it until the afore mentioned time. I believe God gave us his only son to help lead us though darkness, I believe in Mary and Joseph and the long journey they took, as well as the three wise men. I also believe in Santa and all the magic of this season. I believe because I choose to believe, I would hate to think I pushed my views, but I will state here and now, I believe and will always believe. I also do questions those who say they do not believe, I do not come out and question but in my...
Christmas Deity

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award