Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > lauriebear » Entries for January 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,090
Threads: 53,931
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,812)
Welcome to our newest member, flockman02
Old

A January Christmas

Posted 01-28-2013 at 01:30 PM by lauriebear
Updated 01-28-2013 at 01:32 PM by lauriebear (add category)

I was going through some old letters and cards that were in a draw. As I was doing this of course I stopped and read a few, one really caught my attention though, from a neighbor that passed away. It was a little sad and a whole lot glad. I hadn't remembered this letter and couldn't believe my luck at finding it. She wrote, "Dear Laurie, I wanted to thank you for the brownies this past Christmas, it was so nice of you to remember me. It brought back lovely memories of days spent baking with my daughters. One thing we did was bake Christmas Cookies in January. Every January we would set a day aside and gather around to bake and talk. I started this in 1965 when Mindy was 4, and Carol was 9. We so enjoyed having a little Christmas in January that we continued to do it for many years. I do not quite remember when we stopped, but life soon got in the way, I called my girls today and we have a Christmas in January set up for next week, I have you and your lovely brownies to thank....
Christmas Deity
Old

Snicker’s (my doggies) Version Of a Night Before Christmas…

Posted 01-21-2013 at 10:57 AM by lauriebear

Snicker’s Version Of a Night Before Christmas…

Taws the night before Christmas and all through the house
The kitties were purring and mewing about
Our stockings were hung, on the door way bough
In hopes that Santa Paws would soon be here

Mom was asleep and Pop was too
Dreaming of goodies and fun soon to be had
Bella & Callie pacing the floor
And I on my doggie bed resting my head

When out on the lawn I heard a clatter
My ears all alert I sprang from my bed the kitties right behind me
We all raced to the window
All of our noses pressed to the window

The moon & the lights casting a soft glow
So peaceful, so clam I almost began to wonder
If we were just overacting
But to our surprise right before our eyes

Santa Paws & his reindeer
He jumped from the sleigh
And then caught sight of our wondering eyes
Christmas Deity
Old

Yesterday was the bluest day... That is what the expert said

Posted 01-15-2013 at 11:35 AM by lauriebear
Tags january

It's true, some where someone decided to do a poll and yup, 01/14 of any calendar year is the bluest there is, here is why they said...

1. The holiday glow is now long past
2. The days are still getting dark early
3. Most of us have given up on our New Years Resolutions

WHAT!!! They do not realize that on 01/14 we are only 3 days from the Countdowns first milestone!

Further more they do not know of MMC

Nor are they probably listening to Christmas Music still...

I think these polls and stuff give people ideas, gives 01/14 a bum rap, what has 01/14 ever done to get this rap...

Let me think on 01/14, why it was on 01/14/1914 that Henry Ford introduced the Assembly Line for the Model T and on 01/14/1987 Catfish Hunter & Billy Williams elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame...

I say 01/14 has received a bad rap!!!

At least IMO
Christmas Deity
Old

Who do you want to be in 2013

Posted 01-09-2013 at 11:31 AM by lauriebear

I was asked this question today. Well, as I pondered the answer, the little girl standing next to me on the subway stated, I want to be me!!! I smiled at that simple answer, and I looked at the person who asked me this and I said, I ditto her answer, I too want to be me. We all laughed a little, but it really had me thinking. As I walked into my field office I asked some of my foremen, who they wanted to be in 2013, some answered rich, others said retired, a few just said I don't know. Well, to be honest I didn't know either. I want to be me but who is me...

Now it really has me thinking, so I will pose this question to MMC too, who do you want to be in 2013. On December 1st we should go back and see if we lived up to our own expectations.

Here is what I will strive for in 2013 - this is who I want to be...

1. I will smile at everyone on the subway, and I mean everyone even the ones I would shy away from.

2. I will turn...
Christmas Deity

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award