Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > lauriebear » Entries for January 28, 2013

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,093
Threads: 53,955
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,272)
Welcome to our newest member, TeamYANTSU
Old

A January Christmas

Posted 01-28-2013 at 01:30 PM by lauriebear
Updated 01-28-2013 at 01:32 PM by lauriebear (add category)

I was going through some old letters and cards that were in a draw. As I was doing this of course I stopped and read a few, one really caught my attention though, from a neighbor that passed away. It was a little sad and a whole lot glad. I hadn't remembered this letter and couldn't believe my luck at finding it. She wrote, "Dear Laurie, I wanted to thank you for the brownies this past Christmas, it was so nice of you to remember me. It brought back lovely memories of days spent baking with my daughters. One thing we did was bake Christmas Cookies in January. Every January we would set a day aside and gather around to bake and talk. I started this in 1965 when Mindy was 4, and Carol was 9. We so enjoyed having a little Christmas in January that we continued to do it for many years. I do not quite remember when we stopped, but life soon got in the way, I called my girls today and we have a Christmas in January set up for next week, I have you and your lovely brownies to thank....
Christmas Deity

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award