Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » lauriebear

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,974
Threads: 53,446
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,046)
Welcome to our newest member, CarrollMl
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Reality of Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:26 PM
47,868 Views  0 Posts
That's How You Eat Gravy
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:42 PM
46,032 Views  0 Posts
Bells Christmas Where Less is...
By MMC Editor
10-01-2013 06:24 AM
Last post by caninemomssister
11-12-2013 07:51 PM
9,612 Views  1 Posts
Christmas During the...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:32 PM
Last post by Isabella Euwins
08-03-2011 09:03 AM
63,041 Views  1 Posts
Christmas in Italy
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:22 PM
46,147 Views  0 Posts
Old

The Story of Thanksgiving

Posted 10-19-2012 at 10:38 AM by lauriebear

The Story of Thanksgiving
Most stories of Thanksgiving history start with the harvest celebration of the pilgrims and the Native Americans that took place in the autumn of 1621. Although they did have a three-day feast in celebration of a good harvest, and the local natives did participate, this "first thanksgiving" was not a holiday, simply a gathering. There is little evidence that this feast of thanks led directly to our modern Thanksgiving Day holiday. Thanksgiving can, however, be traced back to 1863 when President Lincoln became the first president to proclaim Thanksgiving Day. The holiday has been a fixture of late November ever since.
However, since most school children are taught that the first Thanksgiving was held in 1621 with the Pilgrims and Indians, let us take a closer look at just what took place leading up to that event, and then what happened in the centuries afterward that finally gave us our modern Thanksgiving.
The Pilgrims who sailed...
Christmas Deity
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

You've Been Boo-ed!

Posted 10-18-2012 at 01:26 PM by lauriebear

I posted this in the Countdown to Christmas Thread & Real Halloween - Re-posting here to share with EVERYONE it is sooooooo cute!!!!

OMG!!! I haven't even caught up but I had to tell you all what happened last night... Hubby & I flipping channels waiting for the Yankee / Tiger game (that was ultimately canceled) but anyway at 8:00 PM my door bell rings, I live in a condo that is gated so we figured it was just one of our neighbors, I go to the door and nobody is there!!! BUT!!!! Wait for it........ A plastic bowl filled with candy and little nicknacks with a note stating You've Been Booed!!!! The note reads....

You've Been Boo-ed!

The phantom ghost has come to town
To leave some goodies... I see you've found.
If you wish to make this a happier fall...
Continue this greeting, this phantom call.

First, post this Phantom where it can be seen,
And leave it there until Halloween.
This will...
Christmas Deity
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

October the start of it all

Posted 10-15-2012 at 10:06 AM by lauriebear

Hi everyone… Is it possible that today is 10/15/2012?!?!? Was it nine months ago that I posted about what I felt about January, well it was and yes it really is 10/15/2012!!! How excited I am, as I am sure many of you are, all the planning all the counting down and here we are as another Christmas season starts.
I love October, well really I do enjoy every calendar month, and well October is no exception, but oddly enough I think I love October best of all… No, you read that right, for I feel we are on the cusp of all the wonderful things starting. Like what will be the first Christmas Carol you will here on the radio? Who will send you your first Christmas card, do you always put one particular ornament up first or does it differ year to year, if it does which one will be first on the tree? What will be the first gift to arrive from out of town (if you get them mailed to you)? Yes, October is wonderful and so many firsts to look forward too. I am planning my Thanksgiving...
Christmas Deity
Old

Life, Love, and the Everyday Family...

Posted 02-22-2012 at 08:03 AM by lauriebear

It has been a while since my last post and well I wanted to let you all know what I have been doing!!!

Believe it or not my husband and I are expanding our business. Yup, you read that right, in this crazy economy we have not only managed to survive but thrive. We are a small business, I still work a full time job outside the home too. I have all along. We are not really married hubby and I but we have been together over 12 years now so we haven't done the deed but we are in it together. I work in construction, it is awesome because it is so busy and each day brings a new issue I love the challenge construction brings!

Anyway back to building a business and making it work. We were never very big even in the crazy boom period we keep it nice and simple, but we decided to expand and merge with his brothers company, that will give us a total of 5 trucks and 3 men plus me handling the office. I am very excited.

Life is very funny that way right,...
Christmas Deity
Old

January, no hiding from it, no escape from it.

Posted 01-06-2012 at 01:04 PM by lauriebear

January, yup I look all around it is January, no hiding from it, no escape from it. It was bound to come as each day of December pasted it brought us closer. So maybe I should embrace it. Now for us Northerners, it means buckling down for the rest of the winter, let winter progress to spring. But, spring is right around the corner, in fact next month the Crocus will bloom, it will push up through the frost and bloom, I have purple ones.
You know, I love this time of year too. I know, I know. The Christmas season has come to a close, and I am still trying to adjust with my decorations slowly coming down and being packed away. The house does look a little forlorn. But, I do love this time of the year because I love the build up to the season, I love the planning, the thought of a new Christmas waiting for me. I love the quite this time of year offers. It seems like the whole world is “settling in for a long winter’s nap”!!! I love hiking it is a favorite pastime for...
Christmas Deity
Posted in Uncategorized

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award