Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » lauriebear

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,657)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Time-Saving Thanksgiving...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:57 PM
74,311 Views  0 Posts
When It is Not Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:26 PM
44,261 Views  0 Posts
Bells Christmas and Tragedy:...
By MMC Editor
12-15-2012 11:40 AM
Last post by Christmasstar
02-15-2013 08:32 PM
2 Posts
Christmas Tree Great Quotes of Christmas
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 11:05 PM
0 Posts
Christmas with the...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:57 PM
55,747 Views  0 Posts
Old

OH me Oh my.... 1st Class Elf... Dreams do come true!

Posted 07-28-2011 at 12:13 PM by lauriebear

So, I was late logging in today had lots to do (well I am a 1st class elf you know and we elves have lots to do!) And BAM!!! There it is for all the MMC world to see, I Lauribear am a 1st Class Elf!!! What a HAPPY surprise. Now I know you may think this will go right to my head and I will slack but NOT me, oh no, I have been dreaming of this for a while (all of 24 hours) and that's a lot of time I have lots to do now that I am a 1st class elf, I need to go start spreading good tidings and cheer!!!! I'll be back I have a story to write still, see so much to do!!!!
Christmas Deity
Old

Reporting for Duty - LB - Elf 2nd Class!!!

Posted 07-27-2011 at 08:30 AM by lauriebear

I noticed I moved up in rank, I was an elf 3rd class now I am an elf 2nd class…. Now how much more responsibilities does this step up entail I ponder… Does it mean I get more cookies from Mrs. Claus? Or do I get to maintain the Christmas tree ornaments from the 2nd tier to the top tier??? Or maybe it means I get to have two choices of hot coco, regular and peppermint… Now I call that a step up! Who knew being an elf 2nd class had so many advantages… Did you? Well I didn’t! What a happy surprise I say, yes indeed it is… Now, maybe this means I need to prepare a speech and let everyone know how awesome their support of me was… I wonder what else is in store for me, if I have become and elf 2nd class what else can I do, the possibilities seem endless…. Here’s to me becoming the 2nd in command of the 2nd in command to the 2nd in command… WOW here I come elf success!!!
Christmas Deity
Old

Love's Time Travel Continued...

Posted 07-25-2011 at 11:45 AM by lauriebear
Updated 07-25-2011 at 11:46 AM by lauriebear (Add category)

The train was quite, but Patrick could not sleep. His mind kept going over the events of the last few days, and now doubt was creeping in. If he could just sleep maybe this head-ach would finally subside. Owen told him not to go, his best friend, how he could not support him, but, there that wasn’t nice Owen always had his back. Patrick opened the curtain to look out the window, the train was moving too fast to really see anything, but the moon, it was bright tonight, he wondered if Holly was looking at it now. With that he turned toward his pillow and the tears of heartache finally took over.

Holly was looking at the moon, reflecting over the past few days and how she went from being the happiest girl in the world to the very depths of despair. At first she threw Patrick’s letter away only to retrieve it. She placed it in her diary, she knew it was silly but even this she couldn’t throw away, he had touched it and it very well may be the last thing he sends her....
Christmas Deity
Old

Time Travel... Are you a believer or a non-believer

Posted 07-22-2011 at 09:14 AM by lauriebear

Love's time travel
Chapter One

Have you ever taken a daydream on a late summer day, laying in a hammock or on a lounger, the sun warming you, lulling you, the Azure sky beckons you to shut your eyes, a butterfly comes in with the breeze… Or maybe it was a cold winter’s day you stare out the window and the dreams come dancing inn across the dusky sky. You just sort of drift off, you know what I mean, and vision of times long forgotten begin to do a little dance of time. Here is where I believe time travel is possible, you disagree? Well, that’s OK, but let me tell you a story of a woman and a man who fall in love but fate plays them a bitter hand, and they never have the happy ending they were meant to have, so time steps in and lends a hand, to correct a mistake and bring them back together again.

Our story takes place in two different times, we begin in the year 1910, you will soon find yourself in present day and then back to 1910, let’s begin...
Christmas Deity
Old

A few personal thoughts...

Posted 07-21-2011 at 09:31 AM by lauriebear

I posted this in a discussion in one of the forums, under Chit Chat, Home & Family, within the discussion Breaking Tradition?? I wanted to just remind everyone that we should all count our blessings, you do not know how long we have to all be together and while I truly hope I do not offend anyone that is not what I meant to do....
I read all the posts, and well to be honest some of you do not know how lucky you really are, I would give my right arm to have family or in-laws, or parents that I have to juggle and run too. I do not have this, no children to worry on, no parents to wonder if I should go to them, no in-laws upset that we didn't come. Christmas is at my home, I invite friends, and although I savor this, a part of me often wonders why I never had the "big" family of my dreams when I was a kid, but God knows best, and I didn't post this for anyone to feel bad, please don't I just wanted to let others know that sometimes...
Christmas Deity

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award