Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » elf bazaar

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,086
Threads: 53,912
Top Poster: xmas365 (164,784)
Welcome to our newest member, CharlieTheElf
Old

Why I love my family

Posted 08-02-2011 at 07:57 AM by elf bazaar

On Saturday my mum had the most awful accident at home. She fell top to bottom down the stairs knocked herself out, broke her hand and fractured her lower spine and hip, she banged her head and the blood went everywhere.
Thank god I was in the hall and saw her fall, within 3 minutes I had her in the car and up to the local hospital within the hour she was taken by ambulance to the big hospital in a town half an hour away.
I drove ahead of the ambulance and was there waiting for her when she arrived. I was by her side all the time and when they said she could leave I drove her home, I got her settled and comfortable.
Since then I have done everything in the house possible to make her long road to recovery comfortable.

For the past nine months a family have been living with us, the father had an "accident" and the bathroom floor flooded through to the kitchen below and did some damage. two days later when the loss adjuster had still not...
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Old

A sad day for Brecon, Heaven gained an Angel

Posted 07-26-2011 at 11:17 AM by elf bazaar

Today I write with a heavy heart. I write because I am not sure what else to do, I know probably only a hand full of people here would know where Brecon is let alone visit it. But yesterday we tragically lost our mayor.
He had only recently began his year as Mayor being sworn in at the end of May, within the few short months he became a very dear friend and ally in the daily humorous world which is small town politics.
He had quietly served as a town Councillor for many years and had waited patiently for his turn to play the role as mayor.
From the moment he was sworn in he became a pure breath of fresh air to the town, he set up a "mayors chance" lottery a local lottery with monies raised going to the local cancer hospice. He arranged with the local brewery to have a specially brewed beer to promote the town further afield.
He hosted the most wonderfully fun shindigs in the mayors parlour, cleverly inviting the big wigs from south Wales always...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Belonging

Posted 07-11-2011 at 03:37 AM by elf bazaar

You may have read in my first blog a little about me and my history and the fact that our Family Christmas Shop is a little beacon of light for us.
My Father passed away in 2004 at the age of 54 and he was the biggest inspiration to me and his love of Christmas and love of life has spurred me on, on many a bleak and dreary days.
Recently my Mum has been really struggling with things and I have desperately trying to stop her falling into the depths of depression, she has been feeling terrible empty and low and even though I have been trying to help her I know that it was something that I just could not fix.

My Aunt (on my fathers side) has recently returned from living in Scotland, she moved from the New Forest to Aberfeldy in Perthshire 22 years ago. As the area was better equipped for the well being and education of her daughter who was born with cerebral palsey.
Now Her daughter is 31 and the options and funding that were available has ceased and...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Filling the Christmas Cracker

Posted 05-24-2011 at 12:53 PM by elf bazaar

A little dream of mine has always been to have my own range of bespoke Christmas Crackers, to those of you who do not know about Christmas Crackers or their vital role on The Christmas Dinner table in just about every house in the the UK, I shall explain via a little bit of cut and pasting....Christmas crackers or bon-bons are an integral part of Christmas celebrations in the United Kingdom and Commonwealth countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand and South Africa. They are also popular in Ireland. A cracker consists of a cardboard tube wrapped in a brightly decorated twist of paper, making it resemble an oversized sweet-wrapper. The cracker is pulled by two people, and, much in the manner of a wishbone, the cracker splits unevenly. The split is accompanied by a small bang produced by the effect of friction on a chemically impregnated card strip (similar to that used in a cap gun).
Crackers are also a part of New Year celebrations in Russia (where they are called "хлопушка")...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Why is it that Christmas makes us tick?

Posted 05-10-2011 at 07:20 AM by elf bazaar

Today I have been rather busy, working on a Sunday is never something I particularly enjoy however today was a good day in fact it was rather a great day.
Running any form of retail store you have the highs and lows through out the year a Christmas store is even more so.
In order to complete my first years tax return I needed to do a full stock count, now in any other circumstance any form of bookwork/accounting is my idea of total and utter hell but spending the day counting every single treasure and sparkle has been incredibly enjoyable.
It has once again reminded me of that wonderful inner warmth that the Christmas season brings to me and how lucky I am to able to share it all through the year..
Each and every item is sat patiently waiting to become part of the right families Christmas tradition.
On the run up to Christmas working in the shop became like a drug to me.
Watching people walking around the shop playing a little game in my head,...
Posted in Uncategorized

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award