Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs » Michelle's Christmas Blog!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,977
Threads: 53,462
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,699)
Welcome to our newest member, SnowflakeMom
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
santahat The Legendary Christmas...
By Jeff Westover
09-26-2012 12:27 PM
63,002 Views  0 Posts
santahat Shoppers: They're...
By MMC Editor
11-23-2011 09:47 AM
Last post by Christmasstar
01-07-2012 02:02 PM
90,464 Views  2 Posts
When Bad Things Happen...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:24 PM
43,772 Views  0 Posts
Of Greatest Worth
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:29 PM
45,192 Views  0 Posts
How does Santa get down...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:56 PM
63,160 Views  0 Posts
My thoughts, my hopes, and of course my Christmas dreams!
Old

Why I love Christmas

Posted 09-11-2012 at 05:52 PM by MichelleluvsChristmas (Michelle's Christmas Blog!)

1. The lights
2. The trees
3. It snows so beautifully in December
4. My house smells of cloves and cinnamon
5. Gifts wrapped in different colorful papers
6. Spending time with family and friends
7. Christmas music on the radio
8. Baking cookies and treats
9. I get to eat Turkey x3!
10. I get to see the smiles on the faces of the children I know when Santa comes
11. It makes me imagine what Christmas time will be like when I have children....
12. I get to meet friends who share the same love of the holidays as I do.

I could go on and on... but dinner is ready!
LOVE YA!
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

It's like I've never left...

Posted 07-23-2012 at 03:10 PM by MichelleluvsChristmas (Michelle's Christmas Blog!)

Hi my friends!
Well it's safe to say that I have not been around MMC as much as I would have liked to. It has been a very tough and tumultuous couple of months. My best friends mother passed away suddenly at the age of 52 and it truly changed me in so many ways. For those of you who do not know, I do not have a relationship with my mother or my father. My mother was unable to be a good parent so I moved into a group home when I was 16 and have been on my own ever since. My dad is homeless and a drug addict and an alcoholic. I have three sisters but we have somewhat drifted apart. Going back to my friend's mother, I had the opportunity to see her in the hospital after she had passed. My heart broke for my friend and her family, and all I could think was "I miss my mom, I need to re-connect". In an attempt to do so, I was shut down with some pretty awful comments. This internally ripped me apart. After trying to help my friend cope, my own grandmother passed away in Toronto....
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Christmas Miracles.

Posted 09-05-2011 at 05:58 AM by MichelleluvsChristmas (Michelle's Christmas Blog!)

With seven minutes to go before I have to wake the children up at work, I thought I would quickly type this out as I found it to be pretty amazing. Here at my work (new workplace) I discovered what their Christmas routine is, as we are a shelter for homeless youth. Basically, all youth are welcome on the days leading up to Christmas Eve regardless if they are in our program or not. We cook numerous turkeys, and invite them all in to join us in celebrating the holidays. Through the gifts of many donors, these children will receive sponsorship's from another family, that will grant them their Christmas wish list. HOW AMAZING? I KNOW!. It really warms my heart and almost makes me cry, that this program goes above and beyond to create a sense of family, and a sense of belonging for these kids when they don't have anywhere else to go. Our youth who can only access from 10 pm to 7 am will wake up with stockings and gifts.. and I have a feeling that it will be a very beautiful Christmas this...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

My saving grace.

Posted 07-24-2011 at 04:56 AM by MichelleluvsChristmas (Michelle's Christmas Blog!)

Where to begin? When I feel tired, upset, or like I have had enough my saving grace is MMC. With my new job, it has been EXTREMELY stressful. Some of the youth I work with are extremely high risk (suicidal, substance abuse, or sexual exploitation concerns) and it can make for a really difficult shift. Sometimes I find myself being angry with them but then I remember they are just kids. On the days where I have just had enough and I need to calm down I head onto MMC. You all have been so lovely, and kind. I brag to my fellow coworkers about the people I talk to on here and how you all are just so wonderful.
This job has not been easy and I am truly learning about myself. However when I come home to this site, all my troubles seem to go away. I'm just super thankful to have such wonderful people to talk to... and now I feel like a million bucks just typing here haha!

Much love!

Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Juggling Act.

Posted 07-03-2011 at 03:45 AM by MichelleluvsChristmas (Michelle's Christmas Blog!)

So I have started my new job as of yesterday and it has been an interesting couple of days so far. This particular agency offers shelter for homeless youth. They can come and stay the night, eat, shower and do laundry before leaving at 7 am. I was nervous at first, but the staff seem to be very welcoming.
However, I have become increasingly nervous about juggling school full time, 40 hours of work, and maintaining a relationship. It's almost scary that I have so much on the go, and part of me wants to curl up and not leave my apartment.
Then the other part of me, says that I can do it but I need to take it day by day.
I have worked so hard to get to where I am and I just don't want to become over loaded because I know I am a total nightmare to deal with when that happens. I also need to be able to find time to have alone time, and relax. I don't know how other people cope with so much on their plate, but I give them my respect.
Posted in Uncategorized

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award