Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,232
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,429)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333
My thoughts, my hopes, and of course my Christmas dreams!
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

All things Christmas!

Posted 06-26-2011 at 11:59 AM by MichelleluvsChristmas (Michelle's Christmas Blog!)

It sometimes makes me laugh how much I love Christmas. I remember when I lived in a group home, I took the tree in January while still decorated and placed it in my bedroom so I could appreciate it all year long!. I was made fun of (in a good way) by the staff and other residents, but they always told me it was what made me special.
I happen to now work at the same group home that I lived in 6 years ago. It's so amazing to be there around Christmas time, when they have no where to go. We come together, make a turkey for them, and we are given a nice budget to get them gifts.
This is a big reason why I love Christmas, being able to see their faces on Christmas morning. It's truly a blessing.
I could cry just talking about all the things I love about this holiday. Coming on this site every day truly makes me feel at home, because for a long time I thought I was the only Christmas nut.
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Crazy weeks!

Posted 06-25-2011 at 09:43 AM by MichelleluvsChristmas (Michelle's Christmas Blog!)

What a crazy week it has been! I celebrated Father's Day with those who have been father figures in my life, graduated Monday, got offered a new job on Thursday and today (Saturday) I have a wedding to go to.

It's almost intimidating to see all this change happening all at once. It scares me because things are finally working out. I will also be working full time and doing online courses full time which is scary as well. I hope that I can push through with a normal amount of stress.

I think the best way to combat stress for me is to come here on MMC and just chat with everyone. I always love seeing everyone's pictures that they have posted in their albums! Such beautiful families and lovely decorations, and it just warms my heart. I cannot wait for Christmas to come, for the snow to fall, and to really be able to appreciate the true meaning of Christmas.

The best moment I had last Christmas, was skating in a public park. They had the barrels of
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Just some thoughts.

Posted 06-18-2011 at 11:12 AM by MichelleluvsChristmas (Michelle's Christmas Blog!)

Well here I sit at work, having a quiet morning so far. For those who don`t know I work at a group home for youth at risk of homelessness. Its a great job and the youth are so unique and different. I love it!. Today, I am heading to the Comic Expo to see some different stars such as William Shatner, Tia Carrere and many more... I'm not much of a comic person or anything like that, but I am so stoked to just check everything out.

Tomorrow is fathers day, and its always been a rough day for me. My dad is not in my life as a result of drug and alcohol issues, and needless to say I am a daddy's girl. So I take the day to celebrate the fathers around me that have been there when I needed it most. I think we sometimes take for granted having two parents or guardians in our lives. I do not have contact with my Mother either, so it can be difficult most days.
I graduate from college on Monday, and I couldn't be more excited... although I wish I could have my family there with
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Candy, Chips, and Pop... UGH!

Posted 06-14-2011 at 09:48 PM by MichelleluvsChristmas (Michelle's Christmas Blog!)

So I've been thinking that it's time I need to lose some weight. I've been overweight, not by much, but it's starting to effect my mood and I find myself being very sleepy. I want to start becoming healthy and active, before Christmas arrives (especially cause I usually attend 2 dinners every year). I feel at a loss because I have tried yoga -can't really bend- p90x -too difficult for a newbie- and many other things. Does anyone else feel like were in the same boat here? My boyfriend is fairly fit, he began doing p90x because he could afford to lose 5-10 lbs maximum, so he sees results! I admire him for his dedication, but I don't know how to get into it... HE LOVES IT!. I do schooling online full time and work 2 relief jobs, but my life is far from busy. There are days where I know I could be doing something but I just don't have the energy. I just feel stuck, and it can be the worst feeling in the world... I don't want my life to end early because of the food I eat and because of sheer...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Magic of Christmas

Posted 06-14-2011 at 11:01 AM by MichelleluvsChristmas (Michelle's Christmas Blog!)

Christmas is such an amazing time of year for me. I am usually in the Christmas spirit all year long, and it can drive people crazy!. I have been blessed with the Christmas Spirit, something very warm and full of magic deep down within me. It's there when I'm upset and need a pick me up, and it's there when I am happy and joyful. It's an amazing gift and I wish everyone could experience it!. Christmas is so very special to me, and I still believe in Santa and his miracles. WHY NOT! As we grow up and become adults, some try to tell us there is no Santa Clause, to which I say hogwash.... I choose to believe, and for that reason I find I become almost child-like when that time of year rolls around. I feel so happy, to be able to have found this site with all of my new friends, and people that understand what I have been feeling since I was a little girl. It's a magical place, and I'm very grateful to be here.
Michelle
Posted in Uncategorized

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award