Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,447
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,108)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
He was there!
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:34 PM
46,734 Views  0 Posts
ďThere Was a Boy Who...
By MerryCarey
10-26-2011 11:22 AM
54,254 Views  0 Posts
Handel's Messiah
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 03:18 PM
47,339 Views  0 Posts
Snow or No Snow?
By MMC Editor
07-03-2011 08:18 AM
Last post by trackrebel
07-18-2013 04:46 PM
53,933 Views  4 Posts
Christmas in the...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:16 PM
41,577 Views  0 Posts
Everything about Christmas that makes you happy and full of joy!
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Christmas Can't Come Soon Enough!

Posted 08-27-2012 at 06:52 PM by Lynn68 (Everything Christmas)

It seems as though the months have been passing by so slowly. I wait day after day, month after month for Christmas to get here but the season just can't get here fast enough. I know there's less than five months to wait but as August ends and September brings the Fall season closer, the anticipation for Christmas becomes overwhelming! A week ago I saw red leaves on the trees for the first time this year and I can't explain the happiness that brought me. I'm starting off burning pumpkin scented candles around the house to get an early start to the most wonderful time of the year and next will be Christmas scented candles...most likely Christmas wreath, pine or orange and clove. That will begin right after halloween. Christmas music and movies make an appearance at that point as well. I'm always anxious at this time, when summer is nearly over. So Christmas season, please hurry, I can hardly wait!!
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Surgery

Posted 07-04-2012 at 07:59 PM by Lynn68 (Everything Christmas)

Two weeks and two days ago, on June 18th, I had corrective eye surgery. I have two eye conditions with my right eye which I have had all my life. One is called strabismus and the other is amblyopia...both go together sometimes, if you're unlucky. Strabismus is where your two eyes are not aligned, one or both might be crossed. And amblyopia is what happens to an eye sometimes when it's looking the wrong way for too long, it goes blind/partially blind. I can only see what I call colorful shadows with my right eye. I had surgery to straighten my eye, which involved moving one eye muscle forward and one back. There wasn't too much pain involved, mostly it was just uncomfortable and I was off of work for two weeks to let my eye heal up a bit since it was completely red. Unfortunately I will never have sight in that eye but it's now as straight as my right eye is and I couldn't be happier. The reason I'm posting about my surgery on MMC is because I was so nervous as I walked into the O.R. and...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Missing The Christmas Season

Posted 05-09-2012 at 06:48 PM by Lynn68 (Everything Christmas)

There are 240 days left until Christmas and I've been missing that holiday feeling so much lately. I've been drinking a tea called Sleigh Ride, and listening to Christmas music to keep that feeling at all times, even in May. I know summer hasn't even started yet but I can't wait for late fall to start my Christmas shopping. I miss my Christmas tree and all of the decorations I put up through out my house. Oh that feeling! It's like magic...it's pure happiness...it's spiritual...it's family and friend time...it's baking sugar cookies and the smell of turkey. I watched Family Guy tonight and it was one I had never seen, it was a two part Christmas episode and while watching it I realized I had a smile on my face. Not because of the show, but because it was so wonderful to be watching a Christmas cartoon already! Perhaps this year snow will fall on Christmas eve or maybe on Christmas day. My heart is so full of the spirit of Santa, lights, wreaths, Jingle bells and everything else so wonderfully...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The 1st snow fall

Posted 10-02-2011 at 01:29 PM by Lynn68 (Everything Christmas)

I don'tthink there's any feeling like the feeling you get looking out the window at the 1st snow fall of the season. I love when it begins to fall on a weekend when I'm home with the family. We'll definately be found in the living room watching a great Christmas movie while sipping on either a mug of hot chocolate or a mug of warm spiced apple cider. Now and again I'll find myself staring out the window day dreaming of past Christmas mornings. Oh how the 1st snow fall warms my heart!! Please snow flakes, come before Christmas this year! There really is nothing quite like this time of year.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

When nothing seems right.

Posted 09-08-2011 at 11:32 AM by Lynn68 (Everything Christmas)

Sometimes, like today and yesterday, nothing seems right in my life. I'm pretty sure everybody has those days or weeks and they really suck. It started at work when I actually cashed a fraud check for someone. Man it looked real if I've ever seen a real check before!! I mean the person even had the pay stub attached. Then that evening I didn't balance in my register. What else???? Working for a bank can make you pull your hair out at times!! On my way home yesterday, I was waiting for the bus and was in my own world thinking about the bad day I had when the bus came. I always wait for people to get off the bus before I get in but as I said, I was in my own world so I got on as someone was trying to get out. I said I was sorry when I came back to reality and realized what I was doing, yet rudely the bus driver said to me "thanks for waiting for the person to get out of the bus first, ma'am." Now I was really upset. I didn' t say anything, I just sat down. It was a bad day and...
Posted in Uncategorized

Year Round Christmas Radio -- Listen now!

Listen to Kringle Radio via...

Winamp
Windows Media

Click to listen now!

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award