Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > MarthaK » Uncategorized

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,225
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,350)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Puppy's First Christmas w-link

Posted 09-07-2008 at 06:14 AM by MarthaK

I thought I would post a link to a gif of my latest wireframe addition. It's on the homepage for Lori's Lighted D'Lites in Florida: http://www.lorislighteddlites.com/ The first one pictured, of the yellow dog decorating the tree is the one I've ordered. That pup looks just like Cisco, my 6 month old yellow Lab.

This will be his first Christmas, as well as Libby's. Libby is another yellow lab and is just 5 weeks old. Ed, the bf, and I have been to the kennel to visit her each weekend for the past 2 weeks. In two more weeks, Ed will make his final decision (he has first pick out of the 6 females in the litter) and we will bring her home. So this Christmas is going to be fun with two puppies to watch around the tree and the presents and the lights.

The two yellows won't be here at my house all the time, however. Ed has his own place and is in the process of building a large, indoor/outdoor kennel for them. Cisco has spent most of his time here because...
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Puppy's First Christmas Is On Its Way

Posted 09-03-2008 at 09:05 AM by MarthaK

I took advantage of an end-of-summer sale and picked up the two wireframes I wanted to add this year. I am looking forward to getting it lit up!
Labor Day weekend gave me three days to make headway on the wireframes already here. I have the jumping frog halfway finished and I was only working on it during breaks from other tasks around the house.

In other news, my lab pup Cisco has been declared demodex free! He had a horrible bout with the mites as a pup that caused agonizing itching and hair loss. Now his fur is soft, full and yellow-white.

Pardon me for a moment of self-congratulations; I was able to program music into my new cell phone without the aid of a 12-year-old! The phone can use up to a 4 gig micro disc, but I only had a 1 gig on hand. Despite that, I was able to download a host of Christmas music to my cell phone. I need to burn some more albums to my desktop so that I can fill out the disc.

More later...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Edison Christmas 2008 Under Construction

Posted 08-26-2008 at 01:48 PM by MarthaK

I have spent the past few weekends working on my wireframes while watching the Olympics. I have 3 new frames I am putting lights on, as well as 6 frames from 2004 that I need to put new lights on.

New this year: Toy sled, little red wagon, and a jumping frog.
Reintroduced this year with fresh lights: a doghouse, 3 street lights, a large star, and a hat-tipping snowman.

As for a theme, I'm thinking of adding one more new frame that I found at Lori's Lighted D'Lites, of a dog decorating a tree. My theme? Puppy's first Christmas, in honor of Cisco, my yellow lab (now 6 months old and 50lbs!).

Getting that depends on finances and catching the sale, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

More later.
Posted in Uncategorized

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award