Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Blogs > Lazarus » Christmas Decorating

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,087
Threads: 53,915
Top Poster: xmas365 (165,650)
Welcome to our newest member, DoYouHearWhatIHear
Christmas Decorating Blogs about decorating with lights, trees, ornaments, hand crafted items or another other type of holiday decor.
Old

Icicle Lights for Christmas and Beyond

Posted 12-20-2011 at 02:19 PM by Lazarus
Updated 09-11-2012 at 02:36 PM by Jeff Westover

One of the most traditionally used type of holiday lights, icicle lights adorn houses on every corner during Christmas. They are perhaps the most popular type of Christmas light because of their appearance, trailing along roof lines with graceful drops that call to mind the image of frozen icicles in a wintry season. While traditionally used only at Christmas, icicle lights offer a unique display in that they can be used for multiple holidays and functions. With a myriad of colors, they are a versatile product that inspires creativity in design.

A good icicle light has a range of drops with tightly wound wire. Loose wire can destroy the appearance of the frozen icicle, so wire that is twisted tightly and does not gap keeps icicle lights from becoming tangled and unsightly. Another trait of a good icicle light is the color. LED icicle lights have the truest color and a longer life span since they use only 10-20% of the energy that an incandescent light uses. Despite rumors...
Christmas Decorator

Listen to the Merry Podcast NOW

Christmas Fans -- Ranking the Best of Christmas

2012 Founder's Award