Christmas Countdown - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good Holy Thursday MMC! I never like to be a downer (especially here) but I found out yesterday a guy who works for my company (who I spoke to just 2 weeks ago on the phone and we were joking around) was found unconscious after 4 hours (he works night shift and nobody was around). He's in a coma now and it doesn't look good at all. The guy is just 50 years old too. And he wasn't sick or anything. I guess you just never know day to day what will happen. That's why you have to enjoy today. Have a good Holy Thursday everyone.

I’m sorry to hear that Edge, prayers are being said for him and his family.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning ~
I’m just having my coffee and I’m going over my Easter menu plan and grocery list. I have to do some holiday shopping today and I’ll be stopping by my parents house as well. Other than that I will be working on my daily chores. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!
xx

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Downhill Sliders!
And once we are over the hump, it's a downhill slide all the way to the weekend!

But let's not slide by so fast that we miss the latest data.
Here it is, presented quickly so you won't miss it as you sail by:
Days to the Season: 209
Days to Christmas Day: 251

And whoops! There went the Milestone info.
But not to worry, here is a reprise:
The 200-Day Season Window. It is now SINGLE DIGITS away. Nine days.
But even before that, the ONE-THIRD point to Christmas Day arrives. And it is only eight days away. ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW!
(Keep tuned to this thread in the coming days so you won't miss the fun!)

It warmed up nicely into the low 80's yesterday with no rain. We were comfortable though, owing to the still relatively low humidity.
Today is again suppose to see us back into the low 80's with a zero percent chance of precipitation.
Tomorrow? Quite iffy. Good chance of thunderstorms which the weather service says could be severe. (Here we go again!)
Right now, we perceive 61 degrees on our back yard thermometer.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Folks.
And keep the Christmas Faith!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Downhill Sliders!
And once we are over the hump, it's a downhill slide all the way to the weekend!

But let's not slide by so fast that we miss the latest data.
Here it is, presented quickly so you won't miss it as you sail by:
Days to the Season: 209
Days to Christmas Day: 251

And whoops! There went the Milestone info.
But not to worry, here is a reprise:
The 200-Day Season Window. It is now SINGLE DIGITS away. Nine days.
But even before that, the ONE-THIRD point to Christmas Day arrives. And it is only eight days away. ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW!
(Keep tuned to this thread in the coming days so you won't miss the fun!)

It warmed up nicely into the low 80's yesterday with no rain. We were comfortable though, owing to the still relatively low humidity.
Today is again suppose to see us back into the low 80's with a zero percent chance of precipitation.
Tomorrow? Quite iffy. Good chance of thunderstorms which the weather service says could be severe. (Here we go again!)
Right now, we perceive 61 degrees on our back yard thermometer.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Folks.
And keep the Christmas Faith!
Thanks Crown! Have a good Holy Thursday!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Holy Thursday MMC! I never like to be a downer (especially here) but I found out yesterday a guy who works for my company (who I spoke to just 2 weeks ago on the phone and we were joking around) was found unconscious after 4 hours (he works night shift and nobody was around). He's in a coma now and it doesn't look good at all. The guy is just 50 years old too. And he wasn't sick or anything. I guess you just never know day to day what will happen. That's why you have to enjoy today. Have a good Holy Thursday everyone.
Bless his heart, I hate to hear about things like that. 50 is far too young. Sending a prayer for your friend.

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Thursday morning, Christmas friends!

Since the golf cart is running, I've turned my attention to the pool. It's an ugly green, slimy mess. I bought a clean-up package at the pool supply store that makes the green stuff sink to the bottom of the pool, then you vacuum it up. But you have to be patient. If you move the vacuum too quickly, it'll stir-up the stuff into the water and you'll have to wait for it to settle again. Long story short, it's going to take a few days to clean the pool.

Nancy and her sister (both accountants) are still celebrating the passing of April 15, and are planning an overnight trip with Elizabeth to St. Simons Island tomorrow night. I was sort-of invited, but it wasn't a very enthusiastic invitation, so I think I'll stay home with Lulu. She and I can ride the golf cart!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Well more drama - he tore out his IV and the doctor we saw in the CCU said that he didn't want any kind of heroics if anything happened. Despite me telling him that they couldn't treat him to help him get well without the tools to monitor his condition.

He thinks with all those things taken off he can come home. I told him that it was about his mobility and independence and we would work at getting him home next week with proper support from P.T.
He was so angry with me; he wanted me to help him escape.

I had to leave and I'll try again tomorrow and see if his mood has changed.

2 grandchilden, his ex and number 2 son are coming tomorrow so I hope he is passed the angry phase and ready to enjoy their company.

There are a bunch of small pine and fir trees set up at the grocery store for spring yard work; whenever crap gets in the way - I see signs of Christmas so I can stay Merry.

Spotted my first Robin crossing a lawn on the corner and another swooping and landing on a branch of my old ash tree while I was pulling into my parking spot.

+eJolly on! :tree:
Sending prayers, Auntie!

So sorry to hear this, Edge...will keep him in my prayers!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Very sorry to hear about your colleague's passing. Sending warm thoughts to his family and friends.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
So sorry to hear this Edge. I said a prayer for him and his family.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Good Thursday morning, Christmas friends!

Since the golf cart is running, I've turned my attention to the pool. It's an ugly green, slimy mess. I bought a clean-up package at the pool supply store that makes the green stuff sink to the bottom of the pool, then you vacuum it up. But you have to be patient. If you move the vacuum too quickly, it'll stir-up the stuff into the water and you'll have to wait for it to settle again. Long story short, it's going to take a few days to clean the pool.

Nancy and her sister (both accountants) are still celebrating the passing of April 15, and are planning an overnight trip with Elizabeth to St. Simons Island tomorrow night. I was sort-of invited, but it wasn't a very enthusiastic invitation, so I think I'll stay home with Lulu. She and I can ride the golf cart!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
Love St. Simons Island. We're heading there in a couple of months. Can't wait.

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
I hope you enjoyed the game! Congrats to the Isles for advancing - they deserve it greatly! As much as I hate to say it (because let's be honest, we all wan it to be our own team), but I hope they go all the way and win!), they're the underdogs, are hungry for the cup, and their defense is unstoppable right now. Pens just couldn't get a shot or a play going. We had a un time still to say the least.

Sidney is feeling so much better and back to her old self, thanks so much!
An Isles - Blue Jackets Conference Final would be a blast, but that's a long way down the road, yet.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Hello my Christmas friends!

How can this happen that I go from posting daily to posting once a month?! I really do miss you all & the fun Christmas cheer!

I am trying to enjoy the Hallmark Thursday night Christmas movies & the Friday night HMM Christmas movies! I love that they are doing that ! ❤️

Work is still absolutely crazy. We did hire a new girl and she started yesterday. I think she will be awesome but you know how the whole training thing kind of stinks for everyone. We will get through it! Problem is I am the trainer and I am still learning myself!

I hope all is well with all of you and I am going to try my best to start coming back more often because I really miss my merry home!

Have a great evening!

Welcome back, Holiday ~ you have been missed!
I hope the training goes well and that you will be able to visit here more often!!
Have a merry Friday!!
xx

Goodmorning MMC!
I’m having a bad cold so I’ve stayed at home from work since yesterday. I hope it will pass soon, because I really want to feel better before the long Easter weekend starts.
Since I can’t do much besides sleep and relax I think it’s a good excuse to spend some time here on the forum and watch a Christmas movie (or 2), so that’s the only plan I have for today :D

I wish everyone a great day!

Praying you are better!

HoHoHello,

I had a great time at the Old Mill with the 20+ bands in 10 rooms.

Met up with Mary Margaret O'Hara (sister of Catherine O'Hara) and their brother Marcus - I found a Christmas nut. She was sweet; she latched onto my arm and didn't want to let me out of her sight.

Mary Margaret was one of the Gala Dinner entertainers; improv style performance with her brother using a balloon for sound effects.

Andy Kim was a surprise addition to the list and he performed three songs - audience participated with Rock Me Gently.

Jim Cuddy shared his story of his friend who was dying when they tried to name a star after him, but were too drunk to find the big dipper.

I had mixed emotions from being there having fun while my husband was struggling at the hospital so I went into "goal mode" and circled every room to thank the performers for being there and supporting the Unison Fund which is set up to support musicians during times of struggle.

The atmosphere was awesome; the Old Mill reminded me of Hogwort's so I wore my Slytherin shirt at breakfast the next morning.

I'll update at another time all the performers, but a merry shout out to the WILLOWS who performed a Christmas song for me after me telling them how I sent along their CD to cheer up a friend on these merry pages.

This is the song they treated my ears to so I could feel my merry chums wrapping their arms around me during this very sad time in my life.

I also managed to catch some of the Silent Movie bits with piano accompaniment from Robert Scott - he helped the frames along with a variety of melodies; rushed and suspenseful with a little ragtime on the side.

Keep a merry thought in your head

Sounds like a fun time was had!
Mary Margaret O'Hara definitely looks like her sister ~ how jolly that she is a fellow Christmas nut!
Awesome that the Willows performed a Christmas song for you! I'll have to look up their CD.
xx

My name is Ozymandias, king of kings;
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

I win!! The golf cart has succumbed to the strength of my resolve!!

*whew*

Ok. The golf cart finally runs. Now I need a new project.

Congratulations!!

Thank you so much HIB, my father is doing pretty well. He is still adjusting to getting around with the help of a walker. It looks like that will be his new norm but he is in good spirits and we are thankful for that.
I hope you have a nice day!!!

It's great to read that your father is doing pretty well ~ he remains in my prayers.
Congratulations on the Islanders' win!
xx

Leave the chainsaw alone :ornarment
Nancy might use it on the golf cart. :wagfinger

HaHa

:D

Good Thursday middle-of-the-night. Darn sleep maintenance insomnia again has me up again (sigh). I think the stress from the stwrt of our audit season at work is getting to me. My new boss is a Health and safety trainer for our district and I'm an expert on the matter as well and have always guided my stores to great results, so of course we want everything to be perfect for an audit. I've been pulling 11-12 hour days this week double-checking everything and validating employee training. I'm just looking forward to a weekend off at this point.

Looks like I missed the most glorious sunny day yesterday while at work and now they predict nothing but rain until Monday. I need to find a hooded sporty raincoat so I can still go out walking in the rain if I want to. I missed walking so much this Winter with all that ice everywhere, now it's all I want to do. Hope everyone will enjoy a great day later on.

Praying that you will be able to overcome the insomnia and that work will be easier on you. I hope you find a raincoat.
I hope that David's shoulder rehab is coming along well, too!
Have a merry Friday!

Sending prayers for your co-worker, Edge.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada

That's a pretty devastating event for co-workers. We lost a young lady from work who died on her bathroom floor getting ready - heart stopped; she was a few months shy of turning 50. Sorry to hear about it. You're right about enjoying every moment.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Welcome back, Holiday ~ you have been missed!
I hope the training goes well and that you will be able to visit here more often!!
Have a merry Friday!!
xx

Praying you are better!

Sounds like a fun time was had!
Mary Margaret O'Hara definitely looks like her sister ~ how jolly that she is a fellow Christmas nut!
Awesome that the Willows performed a Christmas song for you! I'll have to look up their CD.
xx

Congratulations!!

It's great to read that your father is doing pretty well ~ he remains in my prayers.
Congratulations on the Islanders' win!
xx

:D

Praying that you will be able to overcome the insomnia and that work will be easier on you. I hope you find a raincoat.
I hope that David's shoulder rehab is coming along well, too!
Have a merry Friday!

Sending prayers for your co-worker, Edge.

I actually gave Mary the number countdown on Monday and then realized I had to subtract a number because we were in the penthouse suite and the clock had rolled over into another day.

Her brother Marcus was a sweet guy; jumped off his chair, gave me the cushion to sit on and plopped back into the big arm chair minus the cushion.

It really was fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image