Do you decorate for Valentine's day?

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
I just bought a big bag full of decorations for Valentines day. I decorate the tables for our seniors lunch which means putting together 18 center pieces.
In my home I have a bowl of heart shaped candies on the table and I do put something on the front door.

Reactions: 2 people

tomtemor

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Jan 24, 2013
Valentine´s Day in Sweden is not that big of a deal. I was told that the schools are not even allowed to sell flowers any more because if one person gets alot and another gets none that is considered "mobbing". I thought that was terrible. I cannot say I was popular in school, but I do not think I was scarred for life by not getting any either.

Oh well, to answer the question. Cupids and hearts are also christmas motif´s in sweden, so we take down the more vintage christmas curtains (also a very swedish thing) and put up red check side panels and a beige valance with cupids and hearts in the kitchen (our main "living" area). In the living room (you'll hear me complain about our apartment often) which is more of a storage area, we will take down the more swedish looking christmas curtains and put up solid red. IN the bed room, the duvet covers have been changed to hearts and roses already for Christams. I have seen the 4 ft pink trees with V-day decorations on ebay and would LOVE to have one someday, but no room right now.

Some years, I have bought a card, but I am unemployed and hubby has just be cut back to 50% so proabably not this year. I was thinking of making vegeterian lasagna on the 13th so we can just reheat it on thursday, the 14th. Thursdays are my volunteer soup kitchen days and I am dead on my feet when I get home. So, reheated lasagna with a side salad, bread, and a store bought dessert should do it. It is also the day after Ash Wednesday, so Lent is upon us too. :-x:cold:

ella13

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Jan 28, 2013
no i've never decorated and most year don't celebrate it, me and the OH very rarely buy each other anything anyway...

novelist

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2007
connecticut
I have Valentine window clings on our front living room window, and I have a few figurines I put out and a Valentine banner

Reactions: cgmcav

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
I don't decorate for Valentine's but i do celebrate the day with my wife;)

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Actually my birthday is the day before V Day so I do up a Valentines Day tree. Then it gets all taken down and for 1 week to celebrate my birthday it will be decorated however I want. Then the wife turns it into Easter Tree.

Reactions: SnowflakeMom

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Does anyone here really go all out decorating for Valentine's day? I just put a small wooden sign on my door and that's it. There is a house on my way into Indy that decorates the front of their house with red and white lights. They have all white for Christmas and then add some red after Christmas.
Aww that is quite nice that they do that.
To be honest I never really thought about decorating for Valentines and I've never really come across Valentine's decorations. I usually have some flowers up and cards but I don't go all out.

Reactions: prancer

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
I'm not sure why it's not working, but I can't pull it up on my iPhone through the Tune In app either. I get an Error message: We're sorry. And error occurred with this stream. Please try again later.

Aww that is quite nice that they do that.
To be honest I never really thought about decorating for Valentines and I've never really come across Valentine's decorations. I usually have some flowers up and cards but I don't go all out.
I took the cheap Valentines Necklaces and made kind of a bead garland out of them. Paper crochet hearts,we took silk roses and fastened them to alligator clips a few felt envelopes we found..kinda have to think outside the box for V-**Day deco.Some places like Bronners do carry a line of stuff. V-Day balls,lights,asst. ornaments,garland. I also did some salt cookies with V-Day cookie cutters.

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
I took the cheap Valentines Necklaces and made kind of a bead garland out of them. Paper crochet hearts,we took silk roses and fastened them to alligator clips a few felt envelopes we found..kinda have to think outside the box for V-**Day deco.Some places like Bronners do carry a line of stuff. V-Day balls,lights,asst. ornaments,garland. I also did some salt cookies with V-Day cookie cutters.
That is so creative and inspired. Sounds really fun!

HollyKing

Merry Monarch of Yuletide
MMC Premiere
May 18, 2011
The North Pole - where else?
Used to, but not any more. These days my V-Day celebration consists of a Whitman sampler that I buy for myself while watching either of the My Bloody Valentine's and The St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

Cynical? Me?

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Our last Christmas tree that stays up until the end of January gets turned into a Valentines Day tree. Overall V-Day deco is kinda scarce so the tree gets loaded with lights and bead Valentines Day necklaces I found that were cut apart and made into long strands. Hearts and homemade deco adorn it. After V-Day the tree is used as my tester for all the new Christmas Deco I have bought since Jan 1st. Then it goes to a Easter Tree.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Our last Christmas tree that stays up until the end of January gets turned into a Valentines Day tree. Overall V-Day deco is kinda scarce so the tree gets loaded with lights and bead Valentines Day necklaces I found that were cut apart and made into long strands. Hearts and homemade deco adorn it. After V-Day the tree is used as my tester for all the new Christmas Deco I have bought since Jan 1st. Then it goes to a Easter Tree.
Love this....my MIL does the same thing. She hangs hearts on it and then for Easter there are little bunny ornaments.

Reactions: Holiday and NcGunny

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Love this....my MIL does the same thing. She hangs hearts on it and then for Easter there are little bunny ornaments.
We have a ton of Easter stuff for the tree..bunnies,baskets,eggs.
Valentines Day is just a weird holiday and not much is available. I did find fake roses and glued clips on them to use as ornaments.

DoYouHearWhatIHear

Christmasologist
MMC Premiere
Jul 22, 2014
I was thinking about how I don't today! Many of our neighbors use door decor in our apartment. My husband bought me pink roses, so I'll call that our decor. :)

Reactions: made582 and Holiday

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013
We do as a way to help ease the transition/"shock" of suddenly having no decorations up. Not nearly as ornate as Xmas, but just some lights and a heart wreath over the fireplace. vd.jpg

Contented

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Aug 3, 2015
N.C.
I have a red valentines wreath I hang on our front door.I also use my lace table cloth in the dinning room with some red dinner plates,and black stemware.To this setting I always add candles and sprinkle red rose peddles all over the table.We exchange gifts and cards with dinner out at one of our favorite resturants and that's about it for us.

Reactions: cgmcav

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image