Christmas Countdown - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Happy Pines Day!
Well my youngest daughter made it 15 mins of school before I got a call that she was vomiting in the nurse's office. She has the stomach bug again!! She is home resting on the couch but looks so pale. Ugh!
I hope no one else gets it. I am going to disinfect again...
Hope you all have a great day!
Bless her heart, I hope she gets better quickly!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Greetings Edge. Our lamb of a February will turn into the Lion of March. We are now looking at a winter storm watch that will take effect tomorrow evening and stay that way until Friday afternoon. Could get up to 8" of fresh snow (good thing the ground warmed up enough to pull out the Christmas decoration stakes). The it is projected to stay in and around the freezing temps until the following Friday. No problem though since it is SD and still winter.
Have fun buddy with the new game system, but please don't lose too much sleep playing it...
View attachment 35677
I don't think I'd lose sleep for anything at this point in my life lol. It's just a hobby when I have free time (mostly just on weekends). Hope you do not get as much snow as they are advertising!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Pines Day!
Well my youngest daughter made it 15 mins of school before I got a call that she was vomiting in the nurse's office. She has the stomach bug again!! She is home resting on the couch but looks so pale. Ugh!
That's rough getting to school and being sick right away. Hope she feels better!

CGYager

Santa's Helper in South Dakota
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Hello all, been away for a while. I hope you're all doing well!
Good to see you again Frosty. I think a lot of us have had a few days (weeks) that we have been absent now and then. Have a fun Wednesday...
Funny Wednesday.jpg

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Happy Pines Day!
Heal up quickly young Fraggle.

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Okay, I'll admit it, its been to nice here to stay inside. The whole family was off on Monday, so we headed to the outlet mall. Yesterday I took Ella to the park. Today I've been out running to a few small towns to hit up a couple of stores I haven't been to in quite awhile. Reality returns this weekend though with temps in the 30's.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good to see you again Frosty. I think a lot of us have had a few days (weeks) that we have been absent now and then. Have a fun Wednesday...
View attachment 35681
Carl takes that all in good fun. He's a nice guy who can laugh at himself.
(And that's not easy for a narcissist!)

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! February is starting to really fly now. I'm going to try to take Rollins to the vet this weekend as he his eye got red yesterday after he fell. He seems fine running around but I figured he's due for a checkup in the spring/summer anyway so might as well get it done early. I'm also going to shop for my phone this weekend. So it could be a fairly busy weekend but first things first is today Thursday at work and then 2 cavities at the dentist. Sounds like fun lol. Have a good one!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning MMC ~
Happy Thursday!
Not too much going on here. I'm going to take a ride to Target this morning, I have a list of things that we need. Other than that I'll be working on my daily chores. It's very foggy here this morning, it's supposed to warm up to the mid 50's. I think I will use the barbecue tonight and grill chicken for dinner.
I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Friends.

Our next Milestone is so close now, you can almost touch it with a short candy cane.
We will discuss that below after we have presented today's exciting figures.

Days to the Season: 263
Days to Christmas Day: 305

FIVE. That's the magic number.
It's the number of days remaining before we pass through the 300-day Christmas Day Window and on into double 200's count territory.
(We are so mooooooving along!)

Still a bit on the coolish side and we stayed a bit below 70 yesterday. But really, that's pretty darned good for February in these parts!
Today should see the warmer weather return again and continue on at least through Saturday.
(Excellent!)
Right now, our back door thermometer tells us it is 56 degrees outside here in the capital city.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Everybody. And it will be Weekend Eve again before you know it.
(Like tomorrow!)

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC!!! Merry Friday Eve!!!!! What a beautiful day it's going to be. I saw lots of kids wearing shorts to school today - Feb. 22nd! Craziness!
-sun-

I hope everyone's day is off to a good start!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Hey Prancer...hope all is well!

So sorry to hear this, Holiday!
Hope you had a good Monday!

Oh, I am so sorry your aunt passed away, Holiday. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS)))

Sending hugs and prayers <3

My deepest sympathy Holiday. No, not a good time at all. I try to spend my moments remembering how blessed I have been to know the person who has passed and how they have enriched my life. And of course that I will see them again.
View attachment 35675

Thanks everyone! She was a wonderful, fun loving, quick witted woman! Unfortunately we can't keep them forever! :( She was 90 years old - suffering from Alzheimer's for years now. It still stinks, but at least she is suffering no more!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Thank you, Holiday. It was a nice weekend. Not sure how sales are going as I haven't checked the paperwork yet. Fingers crossed. :)
Hope you are having a great week. Hugs for you and Miss Gracie. (((HUGS)))
Thanks for the hugs!!! Hugs back to you & Palmer!!
My fingers are crossed for you too! :)

Praying everyone in your family is better soon!
The school in my hometown was closed on Friday so they could disinfect the classrooms. A virus of some kind has been making the rounds out this way.
Wow!! I'm sure the kids were ok with an extra day off!

Last edited:

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Well it looks like the gap has grown between the high on Friday & the low Friday night/high on Saturday. From 71º to 35º....to 23º...BRRRRRRR!!!
-shiver-

upload_2017-2-23_9-21-6.png

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Good Morning, MMC!!! 70 degrees today??? Talk about a crazy February!! I have a lot to get caught up on around the apartment today with all the running I've been doing lately. So that is my priority today. I also hope to watch some NASCAR coverage today too. Hopefully I can get caught up here too. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image