MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
@Holiday, I'm sorry Mom had a bad weekend ~ praying this week is far better! xx

@MerryCarey, praying Mr. is better and that you don't catch his cold! Nice find on your book!
xx

@xmastidings, praying you are better soon! xx

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
View attachment 51089

so glad to hear the shower was special and beautiful ! My daughters shower is this coming Saturday. Only just over a month to the big day.

LOL, you should know a promise like that cannot be kept ! Love the picture.

off to the florist with my daughter this morning to make sure all is still on track and confirm the correct flowers have been ordered.
Then I am off to work.
Had beans soaking overnight and are now in slow cooker for a batch of baked beans which will be served with pulled pork and coleslaw.
Chilly this morning, but love the crisp coolness and the awesome fall colors.

Have a great day every one !!!

Wow the wedding is getting really close, how exciting! I hope you all have a wonderful time at the bridal shower next weekend!!!
xx

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Happy New Week!

I hope it will be a happy week ... Mr. has a cold and isn't feeling well, so I may be next ... and that would scuttle any audio projects for a few weeks, as a cold totally wrecks my voice. Wish me luck!

On the other hand, I found a vintage 1916 copy of a book I love in really good condition (for its age) and couldn't resist buying it. It should arrive this week! Until now I've only been able to read the book in a PDF I found online. It'll be nice to be able to read the actual book, and see illustrations that aren't low-res scans!

Sending get well wishes for Mr., I hope you don’t catch it Merry!

Stevie Claus

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Nov 25, 2015
Canada
All I ever wanted to be is twinkle light checker. Mission accomplished!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
@Holiday, I'm sorry Mom had a bad weekend ~ praying this week is far better! xx

@MerryCarey, praying Mr. is better and that you don't catch his cold! Nice find on your book!
xx

@xmastidings, praying you are better soon! xx
Thank you—-Mr. was able to pick up the book from the post office because he came home early because of his cold. It was carefully packed and in very nice condition—-I just leafed through it looking at the illustrations. I’m tickled to have it!

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
Good chilly Monday morning MMC! I hope you all had a nice weekend!!!

Ours was good & super fast!!! Mom kind of had a rough weekend. Her legs just didn't want to work! She is a piece of work!! It's like her brain just shuts down the sensory to tell her legs to move! But oh boy she can move when SHE wants too!! LOL!!! God love her!

My Buckeyes really stunk up the place Saturday night. And then my Browns got beat in OT yesterday! Not a good weekend in sports! We'll get through it! :p

Jim broke down & turned on the heat at home this morning! Brrrr.... It was SO windy at the lake Friday night. I don't know that I've ever seen white caps like that before on the lake! Crazy!

Have a good Monday everyone!!!

My picture on the way home from the lake this morning...

Sorry mom had a bad weekend! I hope her week gets better
I hope Carolina is feeling better & she had a great birthday!
Thank you! She seems to be feeling better but still tired.
Enjoyed what is shaping up to be the last warm day(62 degrees) of the season, this past Friday. I took the day off, hung the outdoor Christmas lights, lubed the snow thrower, and covered the air conditioner in its winter jacket.

I will clean the gutters out after our trees finish dropping their leaves. Most of the ones living(?) in the drainage portals are from a huge tree next door. This includes the six inch stems that break off, stick out, and clog everything up.

The flannel sheets went on the bed, this morning. Gotta get indoors in line with the changing season, too.
I don't think I'd be able to do flannel sheets. My bed needs to be absolutely freezing to sleep

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! I need to get a nice coat like HMG has for Rocky. Rollins sweater is getting worn out. And I had to take him to the vet yesterday for an abscess on his butt and well $700 later and the cone of shame they cleaned it out and fixed him up. But this is the 2nd time he had that and they said 1 more and they might recommend surgery. Hope you all have a good day today!

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
That sounds fascinating!

A few of my favorite books (including Christmas books) were published between 1910 and 1920; some of them are children's books, but still delightful reading! The book I bought is one of three consisting of "Hollow Tree" stories by Albert Bigelow Paine. The stories are for children, but not written in an overly "kiddified" way---and many of them are funny, too! I discovered the PDF on Google Books. Doggone it, now I want the other two books! But they rarely survive in good shape; most copies are nearly "loved to death."
I love old books and stories, always on the look out for them at yard sales and thrift stores

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Wow the wedding is getting really close, how exciting! I hope you all have a wonderful time at the bridal shower next weekend!!!
xx
I know, and my dress still needs to be shortened. Going to London today with the bride and maid of honor to make final payment on the gown and find a dress for maid of honor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image