Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippy1707

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Member
Aug 20, 2017
Wales
Good morning all!

Today is my wife and I's 13 year anniversary. It has been a wonderful 13 years. My wife is quite simply Amazing!

My wife is heading to the hospital to see her mom this morning.
On a happier note, my step-grandmother is having her 99 year birthday party today. They are having a little party at the assisted living home she lives in.

Happy Anniversary to you and your wife!
Keeping fingers crossed and sending well wishes for your mother in law
Happy Birthday to your Step Grandmother. 99 is amazing!

Well my husband now has a week off. His birthday is Friday so he is having some much needed time off.
The pupster Angus went and had his second jabs this morning so he is now free to roam the world safely :) and we have made a fuss of the other two.
Then me and Owen (aka the husband) went to the dentist this afternoon and both have to go back in 3 months so that all sorted now. I have some super fluoride toothpaste to use now which should be fun.
Left over sausage casserole for tea tonight for me and the minx, think Owen and our son Ben are having bacon sandwiches so that is a nice easy meal tonight.

I have finally.....FINALLY replaced the living room lightbulb after procrastinating for the last few days so I can now stitch until a little later and am making progress with the tablecloth.
Also just discovered through my ancestry DNA a 3rd cousin 1x removed who lives in Massachusetts so will be writing to her later. Id highly recommend the ancestry DNA kits - Im finding out some fascinating stuff!

Plan for the rest of the day is making lists ready for husband and sons camping trip and then letter writing to penpals later. :)

Have a good day Christmas folk! :ornarment

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
HOLY. COW.

Has it really been two weeks since I have been here? Think so. Where have I been?

Working. That's where. We are having our youngest's birthday party at our house next weekend and my wife has been working me to death. LOL.

Things look good, though.

Getting fired up for Christmas in July. Won't be long until we are at the halfway point. Still can't believe it is June. The time is flying...it will be the Bers' before long.
Good to hear from you...:shakeit

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Good morning MMC and Happy Father's Day to all the fathers and father-like figures in MMC land! Not much planned for today. DH is working today and he wants to do some grilling when he gets home. I spent time with my dad, Friday and will call him, since I won't be able to make it to their house today. I plan on doing some more laundry and sweeping the house, but other than that, I just would like to relax. I'm tired from all the running we've been doing.

Hope you all have a great day and a blessed Sunday!
I spent Father's Day doing laundry and organizing the Mystery Room(some recycling involved there from old, decrepit cardboard boxes).

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
In the course of running the weekly errands, Saturday, traffic slowed to a crawl in a place that is normally free flowing. Everyone was checking out a swan momma and her fuzzy gray babies heading from a bridge down to a grassy hill. I have never seen one out and about before. She was bigger than our wild turkeys.:)

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good morning all!

Today is my wife and I's 13 year anniversary. It has been a wonderful 13 years. My wife is quite simply Amazing!
We have no big plans today as we were going to count our Cleveland trip as part of our anniversary. But of course we could not go. However, this coming Saturday we have tickets to see Donnie Baker at a local comedy club, so that is our present to ourselves.
That is our norm for our anniversary. Instead of gifts or anything, we try to go somewhere or do something special together.

My wife is heading to the hospital to see her mom this morning. The breathing tube was removed yesterday along with some other stuff (not really sure what). She is more awake since yesterday afternoon. However, she is not really communicating with anyone at this point. She seems to be in pain so they are giving her meds for that. But she yells a lot and tries to wildly more her arms, but that is about it. Hopefully things start to turn around soon.

On a happier note, my step-grandmother is having her 99 year birthday party today. They are having a little party at the assisted living home she lives in.

Well, everyone have a wonderful day!

Happy Anniversary to you and the Mrs. and how wonderful that your grandmother is celebrating her 99th year.

Prayers and positive vibes continue for your mother-in-law.

sugarmuffin25

Christmas Fanatic
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Oct 18, 2016
Ohio
Hope everyone is doing well! I am laying here listening to yet ANOTHER thunderstorm. Ohio has had so much rain this summer! I am also behind in my Christmas journal, so I have been working on that. I have been re-watching Christmas eve videos we took from the last few years to help me remember things to write about and document. Boy seeing those videos with all of the trees lit, stacks of presents waiting to be opened, a fire in the fireplace, and my favorite Christmas music playing has really got me in the holiday spirit. As I have stated in the past, I am NOT a fan of summer at all, but I vowed that this year I was going to try and enjoy it instead of wishing it away. Watching those Christmas videos tonight is making that task difficult! Hope everyone is having a great night!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Inching Towards Summer MMC! Only a few days left till it officially kicks in. Had a busy Monday at work like usual. Warm and humid this morning with showers moving through shortly. But the weekend? Another beautiful weekend is predicted. We've had the best weather on Saturdays for like 5 or 6 weeks. I hope that keeps going. Have a great day everyone!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Merry Tuesday....I was off from work yesterday so back to the grind today. Looks like we will have some rain today but like Edge said the weekend looks nice so I will take the rain during the week. Hope you all have a great day!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Hilariously Happy Half-Way Heros.

And our journey to this point has indeed been heroic, as we close in on a truly major Milestone Marker!

Today's data release:
Days to the Season: 148
Days to Christmas Day: 190

The HALF WAY point to Christmas Day 2019. We are eight days away from it.
ONE WEEK from TOMORROW.
(Wowzerinos, Guys!)

The heat and humidity returned yesterday and will be with us for the remainder of the week, with the predicted highs each day ranging from 86 to 92.
We show a pretty good chance of rain tomorrow as well.
Presently, we stand at 76 degrees here in the capital county.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Folks!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Hilariously Happy Half-Way Heros.

And our journey to this point has indeed been heroic, as we close in on a truly major Milestone Marker!

Today's data release:
Days to the Season: 148
Days to Christmas Day: 190

The HALF WAY point to Christmas Day 2019. We are eight days away from it.
ONE WEEK from TOMORROW.
(Wowzerinos, Guys!)

The heat and humidity returned yesterday and will be with us for the remainder of the week, with the predicted highs each day ranging from 86 to 92.
We show a pretty good chance of rain tomorrow as well.
Presently, we stand at 76 degrees here in the capital county.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Folks!
Thanks Crown! Inching Towards Summer!

Skippy1707

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Member
Aug 20, 2017
Wales
Hello All
Well today has been a relatively quiet day for me so far.
Ive been out and brought a new bulb for one of my scale babies along with some bugs for their dinner.
Visited the mother in law and finally made some progress with Paypal who have now escalated my case which is nice so I am hoping it will be resolved soon.
Husband is currently at his mums working on a bike in the garage so I have peace and quiet to do some christmas planning type bits before I go off on child collecting duties :)

Weather today is a bit overcast and I believe it has just started raining. Temperature is sitting at a tropical 15 C or 59 F with lots more rain predicted.

Also put a few more christmas movies to tape on Movies 24 :)

Hope your all having a good day!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Merry Tuesday MMC ~
Showers and storms today with a high of 72 degrees. Hopefully we’ll get a break at some point so I could take a walk with Rocky. I’m heading out soon to do some food shopping. Back home afterward to work on my daily chores. Dinner will be tacos. I guess that’s about it. I hope everyone is well and has a nice day!
xx

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Ok. So late Thursday is the kick off to CIJ. Since it’s friday at 12 am. Prepare ye for CIJ. Or what we call Valeriefest. Ohhhhhh Yabba!

The calendar is marked, the coffee is being stockpiled, and finger stretching has commenced. Let’s do this!!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good, uh, Tuesday morning, Christmas friends!

We had a whirlwind trip to NYC and back over the last few days. The Phantom of the Opera was AWESOME, and many of the other things I saw were, too. The food was outstanding! Of course, I saw some things that I don't ordinarily see in south Georgia, but that's part of the experience, eh? The ocean of people in Times Square on Saturday night was unfathomable (see what I did there?;)) LOL.

Anyway, I'm glad to be back...in Bellville AND here with you all!

I have a lot of catching up to do. I hope I haven't missed anything too important. Did I mention that I'm glad to be back?

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Tuesday morning! It was my first day back at work yesterday and it was a bit insane in the morning, as I forgot my password to log in to one of the programs we use and they downloaded a new program for emails and I didn't have a user id or password to log in and I had to deal with the aftermath of a power outage that occurred right at closing time on Sunday. Once the dust settled back down, I was able to catch up on everything that happened last week while I was away and get to work.

It is an absolutely gorgeous Summer-like morning here and already warming up significantly. I'm working the afternoon/evening shift so I'm taking care of a few things around the apartment this morning and just enjoying a slight breeze going through the place. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image