Thanksgiving 2019 Thread

Mom21

Twinkle Light Checker
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Aug 13, 2015
USA
I'm getting super excited! Yesterday, 2 other friends and myself went Christmas decorations shopping, and ran into a great Thanksgiving decor clearance. We spent a couple of hours picking through various items for this year and next, and as we shopped we chatted about our Thanksgiving plans.

Then today, I had a chat with family to firm up plans for our big Thanksgiving family dinner. Who will cook what, tabletop decorations, etc. Someone has found a box of old pictures from way back in the day that have never been shared, so we're looking forward to that. A young nephew has news he plans to reveal to the family.

So here is one of our traditions that has almost been ruined by stores opening on Thanksgiving Day. We gather the advertisement circulars and make lists and plan strategies for early morning Black Friday shopping. Then after shopping we go to breakfast. Even though Black Friday itself is no longer the thrill of the chase, we still make it our Thanksgiving Day wrap up activity. The kids grab the circulars too and make their "wish lists". It's all abuzz and centered around the tradition of coming together on Thanksgiving Day.

Reactions: Rich and Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
THANKSGIVING 2019 COUNTDOWN
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 17 DAYS

Happy Veteran's Day! We have 17 days until Thanksgiving. 2 weeks from today is THANKSGIVING WEEK. And I dare anyone here to tell me that isn't the BEST week of the entire year. And somehow we're only 2 weeks away. That just amazes me. It just makes me feel...speechless. But indeed that is where we are. If you don't believe me then check your calendar to confirm what I am saying to you. This is going to be a long week. I feel it in my bones. But maybe that will be a good thing for us. We all need the pause button because I know none of us are really ready for what Thanksgiving will bring us in just 2.5 weeks. None of us are quite ready yet. Fortunately, we still have time to get ready. That's our goal here to help each other get excited and ready. Are you almost there? Have a great Veteran's Day!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 16 DAYS

Happy Tuesday Twelve! Amazing that today is the 12th. You all know tomorrow the Christmas Season begins thanks to Crown and his Countdown. That's amazing isn't it? And our Countdown to Thanksgiving continues to shrink. 16 days remain until Thanksgiving. That's it just 16. Nothing more than that. And that is a fine number if you ask me. We will continue crawling through the teens the rest of this week. Awesome. And after that well we know where this count is going. It's going to the final 10 and then well Thanksgiving will be here eventually. Hmmm just makes you think how fast it all went when we started here at 370 days. And to think 2020 will only have 363 days for a count (even shorter!). That's another scary thought. But let's just enjoy it. We're almost there. Let's be happy we almost made it. Have a great Tuesday Twelve!​

Mom21

Twinkle Light Checker
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Aug 13, 2015
USA
Having a pre-Thanksgiving get-together weekend after next with some dear friends, one of whom has relocated and is coming back this way for Thanksgiving. Going out to restaurant but coming back to my house for dessert because everyone wants to wrap up the night surrounded by my Fall and Thanksgiving decor. Looking so forward to it as the kick-off for Thanksgiving week.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 15 DAYS

Happy Christmas Season! We are into the Christmas Season now officially. That's unbelievable. It's amazing. And our Countdown to Thanksgiving is continuing to lower. 15 days remain until Thanksgiving. That is 2 weeks and 1 day. That's all that is left. Unreal. We continue that count and then next week we count down the final 10. Geez. And that's it. But let's not rush to that. I think that this weekend is the weekend to really make Thanksgiving plans and prep some. I even have notes I keep from each major holiday each year and read them as the time approaches (reminders, fun moments, new things I might forget a year later that happened last year etc.). That will be read this coming weekend as well. And Christmas Shopping will begin soon. Have a great Christmas Season!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 14 DAYS

Happy Two Weeks Till Thanksgiving! The magical day is only 2 weeks away. That's our first countdown this Thursday morning. 53 down to 2. And of course that translates to 14 days until Thanksgiving. 14. That's...insane. Well it's cold out here. It feels like Thanksgiving. It might even feel more like Christmas. But hopefully it won't be bitterly cold for Thanksgiving Day. Since it's 2 weeks away I will give you the forecast every day here for us and we'll see how much it changes. Right now it shows 47 degrees as a high with showers. Yuck. I don't want rain on Thanksgiving. But that will probably change 10 times from now till then. And I hope it will but a damp parade down in the city would still be celebrated 100%. What type of weather do you hope to have on Thanksgiving? have a great Two Weeks Till Thanksgiving!​

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
I like a chilly Thanksgiving but no rain either...so far they are saying clouds and about 50. I will take that...

Reactions: Edge612 and Dudley

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
We've had mid 70's and we've had highs in the 30's throughout the years. It don't matter to me. I just love spending time with family. But I don't want slick roads.

Reactions: KimB and Edge612

Dudley

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Member
Sep 20, 2019
Southern California
The Thanksgiving forecast for SoCal is 71 with a chance of rain. I'm looking forward to it!

Reactions: Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 13 DAYS

Happy Mid-November TGIF! Here we go everyone. 13 days remain until Thanksgiving 2019. That's less than 2 weeks for you non-math majors. Can you smell the turkey yet? I can almost smell it from here. It's crazy but true. And it's a great smell if you ask me. I'm hoping everyone is doing ok. I'm hoping everyone is doing well. I'm hoping everyone is in the Thanksgiving spirit. And if you're not I'm hoping this weekend will help you get there. It's the best feeling in the world that's for sure. And I know you all enjoy that feeling we get here as we head towards the 2nd half of November. And it's Friday on top of everything else. What could beat that other than November 28th? Not much at all can. I hope you all have a great day today. Let's go towards the weekend. Have a great Mid-November TGIF!​

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
I am definitely looking forward to it! Such a wonderful feeling having everyone together...there is always something to be thankful for!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 12 DAYS

Happy Weekend Before Weekend Before Thanksgiving! The sun is shining this Saturday morning but it's cold out there. It's been a cold November so far. Let me check the forecast for Thanksgiving today. It shows 44 and partly cloudy. Chilly but not crazy like last year. And no precipitation now. Ahh that's an improvement. We'll see if that will happen or not though. 12 days remain till Thanksgiving. That's just 1 dozen of days left to go. And then things will get crazier and crazier each day that passes. The final dozen is here. Almost time to really get all that food ready. And it's an exciting time here in the Thanksgiving Thread. I hope you all are feeling well and in the turkey spirit today. It's a good day to get into it. We're close now. Have a great Weekend Before Weekend Before Thanksgiving!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 11 DAYS

Happy 2nd Half of November! 11 days are left until Thanksgiving. Geez. 11. Double 1s. Tomorrow we finalize the last 10 countdown. That's it. 370 days ago seems so far and long ago but it just went way too fast. Should be a decent day here although not as sunny as Saturday was. That pattern seems to happen often here. Saturday = Sunny. Sunday = Rainy or Less Sunny. Forecast for Thanksgiving Day update? Let me check. 49 with showers. Back to rain again on Thanksgiving huh? Seems like the temp is mostly consistent so far but back and forth between rain or not. I hope the not happens. We'll see as we progress through the week how it changes. And then we'll head into the weekend before Thanksgiving which is such a special feeling weekend. I hope you're all well. Have a great 2nd Half of November!​

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image