Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
ASSOCIATIONS: WORDS AND IMAGES

Remember word association tests? You would be given a word or words and asked what is the first thing to pop into your head?

Well, Christmas has so very many word associations:
Holly, mistletoe, wreaths, Santa, elves, reigndeer, chimneys, north pole, snow, firs, bows, ribbons, bells, ornaments, tinsel, red and green lights, holiday music, cards, eggnog, milk&cookies.
But is that really surprising? After all, Christmas is so universal to so many.
And every image can bring a smile to your face.

Here we have another association that most people don't: MMC. Our little community here to remind us of our favorite holiday and its salient images all year long.
Populated with friendly people, it is perhaps the nicest place to go on the entire internet even if you are not into Christmas all year.

Let your mental images flow this season. Let them carry you away into a world of holiday happiness, where there is nostalgia for the past coupled with optimism and hope for the future.

Have a great Christmas Season, dear friends.
And thank you once again for counting down with us!

- Crown

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
GOOD MORNING!

*** Season Day One. ***
It is here, right on schedule and as promised.
And thanks everyone who appeared here last night to ring in the Season in style, as becomming of MMC citizens and enthusiasts!

But, wait.
The count. It's still here.
Of course, the rest of our count goes on and will continue right on through Christmas Eve!

Days to Thanksgiving: 15 (Two weeks from tomorrow!)
Days to Christmas Day: 42 (Six weeks from today!)

And what's this?? I have just been informed that we are near a Milestone Day.
<< How is that possible, Crown? The Season is here! >>
Ah, how true. But Christmas Day has yet to come, with the 90 percent, Home Stretch point to that grand day a mere FIVE days hence.
(And here you thought there was nothing left to look forward to before Thanksgiving Day.)

COLD. That's what it's like here, with our opening temperature reading at 28 degrees.
At least it's clear and the long rain of yesterday has quit.
Our high today should be only 43.

But Folks. There is even more exciting news!
The beginning of our Christmas Season falls on a Wednesday this year which means Carl is beside himself. The inn has been transformed almost overnight into a Christmas wonderland and will remain so all the way to New Years. There will be the traditional red and green frosted fired twinkies (a box of which will be offered free to all five of our wonderful Special Post Series participants), Christmas music will play, holiday movie favorites will air in the inn's theater, and rumor has it that Carl will appear as Santa with O'Malley as his elf. (Oh, I've GOT to see that!)

Anyway, you all have a Wildly Wonderful Wednesday, and an Outstanding Opening day of Christmas Season 2019!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Good morning MMC ~
I just filled the bird feeders up and it’s chilly out there!!! Not too much going on here, I’ll just be working on some chores around the house. I plan on making spaghetti & meatballs for dinner and we have tickets for the Islander game tonight. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a nice day!
Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas season ahead!!!
xx
The Islanders are off to a great start this year. Have fun!!!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Wednesday morning, and Happy Day One, Christmas friends!

Sorry I missed the countdown last night; I'm a lightweight when it comes to staying up late. But it looks like a great time was had by all.

It's downright COLD here today! I know everyone else is in the teens and lower, but the upper 20's is pretty cold for us. We southerners aren't used to it. There'll be lots of folks skidding into the ditch (even though there's no ice LOL).

I hope y'all have a great Day One!! :D
-merry-

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Good Wednesday morning, and Happy Day One, Christmas friends!

Sorry I missed the countdown last night; I'm a lightweight when it comes to staying up late. But it looks like a great time was had by all.

It's downright COLD here today! I know everyone else is in the teens and lower, but the upper 20's is pretty cold for us. We southerners aren't used to it. There'll be lots of folks skidding into the ditch (even though there's no ice LOL).

I hope y'all have a great Day One!! :D
-merry-
You were missed last night my friend.
And with this cold weather, the plumbers will be very busy this morning with frozen pipes to repair.

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
Merry Christmas, friends. The last I looked at the clock it was 11:40 PM. Well, I came close. I was up again by 1:30 so I knew it was day 1 of Christmas season.

I went through the whole thread leading up to the final hour and it was exciting....even if I was a few hours late.

Enjoy the season!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
JayIsh was in bed with a migraine, I don’t get them often but when I do, blinding! Merry Christmas season! Proud to be the weinee...this year came really swiftly!

Hope you're feeing better today, JayIsh! Merry Christmas season to you!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning. Thanks to all for allowing me to participate in my first "Tis The Season" countdown. What I learned . . .
- MMC is a GREAT place to hang-out
- There are A LOT of friendly people
- I need to learn to click and type faster.

We were all so glad you could be here! We always have a great time! Your last statement made me LOL!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning all! Merry Christmas season! I have another day off today, but my niece is here, so she'll kept DH and I both busy. I'm going to try and maybe get some online Christmas shopping done while the kids are in school. Other than that, I don't have any plans. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Good morning all! Merry Christmas season! I have another day off today, but my niece is here, so she'll kept DH and I both busy. I'm going to try and maybe get some online Christmas shopping done while the kids are in school. Other than that, I don't have any plans. Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Merry Christmas Season Sugar!!!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good morning. Thanks to all for allowing me to participate in my first "Tis The Season" countdown. What I learned . . .
- MMC is a GREAT place to hang-out
- There are A LOT of friendly people
- I need to learn to click and type faster.

Yes; you hit post reply and then have to catch up with 10 others within the same minute or two.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada

I'm going to have a wee nap and then throw on some Christmas tunes and get a jump start on my Christmas cards.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
That was a lot of fun. I can't wait to do it again. :)

It just so happened to fall on my day off. I'll have to try and remember to schedule it off next year. I'll be off NYE this year, but work New Years Day and will have to get up 545-6a so that will be pretty late for me to stay up, but I love watching the ball drop, so I'm sure I'll be here!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
I'm going to have a wee nap and then throw on some Christmas tunes and get a jump start on my Christmas cards.

We are getting our Christmas pictures November 27th (day before Thanksgiving), so as soon as I have the rights to the pictures, I'll order the cards, and get mine sent out!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
GOOD MORNING!

*** Season Day One. ***
It is here, right on schedule and as promised.
And thanks everyone who appeared here last night to ring in the Season in style, as becomming of MMC citizens and enthusiasts!

But, wait.
The count. It's still here.
Of course, the rest of our count goes on and will continue right on through Christmas Eve!

Days to Thanksgiving: 15 (Two weeks from tomorrow!)
Days to Christmas Day: 42 (Six weeks from today!)

And what's this?? I have just been informed that we are near a Milestone Day.
<< How is that possible, Crown? The Season is here! >>
Ah, how true. But Christmas Day has yet to come, with the 90 percent, Home Stretch point to that grand day a mere FIVE days hence.
(And here you thought there was nothing left to look forward to before Thanksgiving Day.)

COLD. That's what it's like here, with our opening temperature reading at 28 degrees.
At least it's clear and the long rain of yesterday has quit.
Our high today should be only 43.

But Folks. There is even more exciting news!
The beginning of our Christmas Season falls on a Wednesday this year which means Carl is beside himself. The inn has been transformed almost overnight into a Christmas wonderland and will remain so all the way to New Years. There will be the traditional red and green frosted fired twinkies (a box of which will be offered free to all five of our wonderful Special Post Series participants), Christmas music will play, holiday movie favorites will air in the inn's theater, and rumor has it that Carl will appear as Santa with O'Malley as his elf. (Oh, I've GOT to see that!)

Anyway, you all have a Wildly Wonderful Wednesday, and an Outstanding Opening day of Christmas Season 2019!
Thanks Crown! Happy Christmas Season!

RadioJonD

♪♫~Guru of Yule Audio~♫♪
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2005
Moon Winx Motor Lodge
radiojond.tumblr.com
Before November 13 was 0ur Day...

"On November 13th Felix Unger was asked to remove himself from his place of residence...That request came from his wife."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image