"Back to School" now in effect!

KWasser

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
I've said it before, but following the 4th of July, that traditionally kicks off the 2nd half of the year, for me. You have Fall coming up fast, with Football premiering, then Halloween, Thanksgiving, and then Christmas, but first and foremost, we have "Back to School!"

I happened to be in Walmart the day after July 4th, and found in the seasonal section that they had already largely taken down all the summer supplies/decorations, and were getting set to put up "Back to School!" Here are some pics from that day (July 5th):

With that last photo, you can kinda see where they are taking down swimming supplies and are putting up backpacks! Of course, since then (a week later) they now have the "Back to School" supplies out in full effect! I love catching these changes in the season, so I figured I'd share. It won't be long now till Fall is in full effect, and Christmas will be here again!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I've said it before, but following the 4th of July, that traditionally kicks off the 2nd half of the year, for me. You have Fall coming up fast, with Football premiering, then Halloween, Thanksgiving, and then Christmas, but first and foremost, we have "Back to School!"

I happened to be in Walmart the day after July 4th, and found in the seasonal section that they had already largely taken down all the summer supplies/decorations, and were getting set to put up "Back to School!" Here are some pics from that day (July 5th):

With that last photo, you can kinda see where they are taking down swimming supplies and are putting up backpacks! Of course, since then (a week later) they now have the "Back to School" supplies out in full effect! I love catching these changes in the season, so I figured I'd share. It won't be long now till Fall is in full effect, and Christmas will be here again!

I saw the back-to-school stuff out at Staples a day or two BEFORE July Fourth. I felt bad for the kids ... who wants to be reminded of back to school before you've enjoyed the Fourth of July? With all the snow we had last winter, some of those kids had only been out of school a week or two! cheesy

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
I agree - I know as a kid I never wanted to be reminded either. My kids are pretty little though and think it's neat to be picking out their backpacks. We did that the other day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3 people

missiechick

Will Work for Coffee
MMC Lifer
Oct 11, 2014
Wisconsin
I saw the back-to-school stuff out at Staples a day or two BEFORE July Fourth. I felt bad for the kids ... who wants to be reminded of back to school before you've enjoyed the Fourth of July? With all the snow we had last winter, some of those kids had only been out of school a week or two! cheesy
My siblings and I grew up in the country and during summers we didn't get to see our friends too much. By the time August came around each year we were itching for school supply shopping and going back to school. To this day I still get wildly excited when the school supplies are out in stores.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
A full day of school clothes shopping...blah. Lol :confused:

Reactions: missiechick

The2ndNoel

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Member
Jul 17, 2015
I love Back to School shopping for supplies..I don't know why I love notebooks, pencils, and pens so much. I wonder if I could get my college teachers to grade me on my supplies for extra credit hehe

DoYouHearWhatIHear

Christmasologist
MMC Premiere
Jul 22, 2014
Our teachers go back to school today!

Reactions: snowflake22

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
The last couple weeks in August have been all about Back to school here too. The shops were clearing out summer stuff as well. It was a little bittersweet. I am always a little sad to say goodbye to summer but it was exciting to know that my next visit to the shops will likely see Halloween and Christmas taking over. They usually start when kids go back to school. Such exciting times. Love this time of year so much!!!

Reactions: snowflake22

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
The last couple weeks in August have been all about Back to school here too. The shops were clearing out summer stuff as well. It was a little bittersweet. I am always a little sad to say goodbye to summer but it was exciting to know that my next visit to the shops will likely see Halloween and Christmas taking over. They usually start when kids go back to school. Such exciting times. Love this time of year so much!!!
It really is the best, anticipation wise!!

Reactions: Festive Spirit

tyreejames

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Member
Sep 28, 2013
The other day I popped into Target to pick up a few things that DD12 teacher said she needed; imagine my surprise when the back to school section was already broken down. School districts here were split right down the middle with the amount starting school before Labor Day and those that would be starting after Labor Day. That section is all Halloween now but some schools will not start until tomorrow and there may be last minute items needed. I guess I'm used to them at least waiting for Labor Day.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image