MMC Great Debates: Is Nightmare Before Christmas a Christmas Movie?

ElfBot

MMC Newshound
Oct 17, 2005
It is one of those Christmas debates that just did not exist a generation ago: is the 1993 stop motion animated classic Nightmare Before Christmas a Christmas movie…or a Halloween movie? The clever movie does little to settle the question by itself. The movie tells the story of Jack Skellington,...

Continue reading...

DoubleA

Next in line to Mr. Claus
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Apr 16, 2006
Southern CA
I never watch it around Christmas time. But do not mind watching it the rest of the year. Strangely enough, the Nightmare before Christmas theme at Disneyland at Christmas time is my favorite decoration and ride. Must be a love/hate relationship

hollyjollypeach

Reindeer Pooper Scooper
MMC Premiere
Jul 15, 2015
Savannah, GA
I say it is more of a Halloween movie than a Christmas movie. It just helps ring in the festive part of the year, despite being much more of a dedicated Halloween film. After all, it was released in October back in 1993, not in November or December.

christmas87

Santa Clausologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 10, 2007
new york
I think it could be both. It has both the settings of halloween and christmas.even through it is based around halloween since jack is the pumpkin king you see more related sences of christmas. That is why I think it could be both.

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
Good one here....Me, I like to watch this just after Halloween, sort of a bridge the gap sort of thing. But as a whole, I find it to be more Halloween appealing then Christmas, but I love the intertwining of them both......

HollyJolly

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Jul 10, 2013
Christmas Station
www.twitter.com
I could watch it either for Halloween or Christmas. The movies does provide a bridge. Great question.

Reactions: snowflake22

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image