MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
NOTE: THIS EVENT WAS HELD IN 2016---IF YOU'RE JUST SEEING THIS THREAD NOW ... YOU MISSED IT!
If you're a fan of Christmas films---and vintage films in particular---and live within hailing distance of Newton, MA, be sure to save Monday evening, December 12, 2016.
scrooge hicks.jpg
Headlining the show will be "Scrooge" (1935, starring Sir Seymour Hicks). If you've seen the cut-down hour-long version on video and were turned off by the fuzzy, foggy, gray quality of the movie, forget you've ever seen it. We're screening a full-length, archive-quality 16mm print struck in 1936 from the original negative. The details are sharp, the photography is nuanced and atmospheric, and the title role is played by the Seymour Hicks, the actor who defined the role of Scrooge in England for decades: on stage, on the screen (in both a silent and a sound film), and on radio. Kudos also to Donald Calthrop, who offers the finest portrayal of Bob Cratchit ever seen onscreen.

We'll also be screening a second feature film, plus a couple of Christmas-themed short subjects.

For more information, please visit the webpage for the show. It includes directions and a link to an audio featurette that tells more about "Scrooge." Please PM me if you are interested in attending, have questions, or would like a flyer that tells more about the other films in the show.

This will be a fun movie night, and a rare opportunity to see the classic "Scrooge" as it was intended to be seen. Don't miss it!

Last edited:

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Wish we could take it on the road! It'll be the first time we've screened it for an audience.

Reactions: Ryan

e_xander

Executive Producer, Tracking Santa
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
christmaspodcasts.com

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Just down the Pike for me, I will have to consider this one.

Reactions: Ryan and e_xander

Ryan

Santa's Mentor
MMC Donor
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 24, 2012
Oklahoma
If you're a fan of Christmas films---and vintage films in particular---and live within hailing distance of Newton, MA, be sure to save Monday evening, December 12, 2016.
View attachment 32144
Headlining the show will be "Scrooge" (1935, starring Sir Seymour Hicks). If you've seen the cut-down hour-long version on video and were turned off by the fuzzy, foggy, gray quality of the movie, forget you've ever seen it. We're screening a full-length, archive-quality 16mm print struck in 1936 from the original negative. The details are sharp, the photography is nuanced and atmospheric, and the title role is played by the Seymour Hicks, the actor who defined the role of Scrooge in England for decades: on stage, on the screen (in both a silent and a sound film), and on radio. Kudos also to Donald Calthrop, who offers the finest portrayal of Bob Cratchit ever seen onscreen.

We'll also be screening a second feature film, plus a couple of Christmas-themed short subjects.

I'll post more information, including directions, as the show approaches. Please PM me if you are interested in attending or have questions. This will be a fun movie night, and a rare opportunity to see the classic "Scrooge" as it was intended to be seen.
Merry, such a wonderful thing you're doing in sharing this with folks! Wish Oklahoma wasn't so far away from y'all! ;)

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Never mind the cherry! He’d be tickled with all regular!

It was a good show. I wish we could screen that print for everyone at MMC.

CGYager

Santa's Helper in South Dakota
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Sounds like fun would love to be able to attend unfortunately 10 Hour drive is a little much this time of the year
We just all need to get together somewhere near MerryCarey's place and let her host one for us... ;)

Reactions: MerryCarey

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Sounds like fun would love to be able to attend unfortunately 10 Hour drive is a little much this time of the year

We just all need to get together somewhere near MerryCarey's place and let her host one for us... ;)
The show was LAST December, 2016. I guess it's time to hide or delete the thread! (I updated the first post to make it clear the event is long over!)

We have a nice little collection of Christmas rarities on film ... I'd love to be able to do a show for MMC.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image