Christmas Countdown - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good morning! We are about to get a Nor'Easter but with rain instead of snow. It looks like we will get some rain later today and then all day Monday a deluge of rain. Yikes. Well we need some rain and if it was snow we'd be looking at easily 1-2 feet of it. It's been too mild though for that. Looks like mostly a mild week ahead again and then a colder shot by next weekend. As Crown said hard to believe that we are heading towards the last full week of January. My brother mentioned taking the tree down yesterday and I said next weekend. Have a great Sunday!

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Good Morning, Everyone!

Getting ready to move into the final full week of January (hard though that may be to believe.)
After that, we have the short February, then winter will nearly be behind us.

But what's ahead of us? Like just THREE WEEKS ahead of us?
(Stay tuned.)

Today's numbers:
Days to the Season: 295
Days to Christmas Day: 337

Well, I'm glad you decided to stay tuned, and you will be glad too, once you realize that just 3 weeks from today will see us to Milestone number two of 2017, the ONE QUARTER MARKER to the Christmas Season!
(It's true. It's really and truly true!)

The warm weather continued yesterday as did the rain, pretty heavy there for a while in the evening. More of the wet stuff is predicted for today and tomorrow before saner skies return for Tuesday.
(But no matter. The precipitation will not affect the NFL games this afternoon!)
Currently, we are at 54 degrees here under overcast skies.

Have a Super Sunday, Folks.
And go Pack!!
Thxs Crown!! Was a miserable day here yesterday also. I think I had almost all the house windows open. Hate this weather in winter.

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
Hey.. checking in. been quite a while. But Binger is hanging in there.. Hope everyone is surviving the winter months. We had a foot of snow two weeks ago- then 70 degrees five days later! that's so.. yabba

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
I think we made the first milestone.. under the 300 days window.. I see where the mall has a seasonal wrap up meeting with the stores and they begin plans for 2017..

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Hey.. checking in. been quite a while. But Binger is hanging in there.. Hope everyone is surviving the winter months. We had a foot of snow two weeks ago- then 70 degrees five days later! that's so.. yabba
Welcome back, Twin-O!
Happy to have you stop by any time you can.

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
I think we made the first milestone.. under the 300 days window.. I see where the mall has a seasonal wrap up meeting with the stores and they begin plans for 2017..
Some stores have to have the coming years Christmas displays and stuff picked out by the end of January. This gives the decorating companies enough time to buy,repair,or make displays.

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Good afternoon everyone.

We got up this morning and went to a nice local restaurant for breakfast. Then went grocery shopping. Now sitting at home taking care of some school work and watching the Packers and Falcons.

The weather is crazy again today. It is over 60 today! Feels very nice outside, but it is depressing at the same time since it is JANUARY!!!:confused: It is suppose to get back into the 30s by midweek. The local weather keeps talking about how we may end up with a winter that sticks around longer than usual. We will see. I hope so. We have had so little snow this year. I really hope we get at least one really good snow this year.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
It's not good news.
Trying my best. Too much to bear. Trying.
I'll be okay. Don't worry. I'll be okay.
Bless your heart. Let me know if I can help at all.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
We've been having some scary weather around here. Yesterday, we encountered the leading edge of a tornado while on the interstate. We had no idea it was coming, then we suddenly couldn't see the highway due to rain & wind, and we were going 75MPH. I was able to pull the car over with getting involved in an accident. The wind brought down trees into the interstate, but it was gone pretty fast.

We're still under a tornado watch for a few more hours. Sheesh. Y'all stay safe!

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
We've been having some scary weather around here. Yesterday, we encountered the leading edge of a tornado while on the interstate. We had no idea it was coming, then we suddenly couldn't see the highway due to rain & wind, and we were going 75MPH. I was able to pull the car over with getting involved in an accident. The wind brought down trees into the interstate, but it was gone pretty fast.

We're still under a tornado watch for a few more hours. Sheesh. Y'all stay safe!

Yikes!! Stay safe, Brad!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011

Scary stuff! We're getting a really bad storm Monday/Tuesday with heavy flooding rains, wind and all that great stuff.

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Brad, glad your ok. Sounds pretty scary!

Was a heck of a week last week. Probably the busiest I had in 9 years. Currently out of town and giving a presentation tomorrow, so I'm eating some pizza, watching Transformers 2, and laying in the nice, quiet room. Miss those kids, but love this quiet. Poor Doc!

Yall have a good week! See you in a couple of days!

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Good evening,

A lazy day here, I unintentionally took 2 separate naps today.
Nothing else really happened today, but my in-laws still have their tree up. Made me miss mine.

Back to work in the morning.
Goodnight, everyone

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! Hope everyone had a great weekend. My alarm didn't go off this morning for some reason or at least I do not recall it going off. Strange. I'll have to check it out but I woke up about 15 minutes late. Luckily I budget enough time in the morning to still make it to work on time. Rollins was crazy on Sunday for some reason (more than normal). He just was non-stop getting into something all day long. Looks like we're going to get a whole lot of rain Monday and Tuesday. After that the week looks nice for late January. Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image