Status
Not open for further replies.

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Shockingly, it feels pretty comfortable out there right now after the rain! I'm sure that will change this afternoon. I hope you are able to stay inside all day!

I have been able to stay in except for a few minutes. The temperature was not too bad yet.

Henry went out to the backyard and came in to tell us that there was a dead animal in the garden. It was a baby rabbit. Overall we have had a dead mouse and two dead baby rabbits in the yard the last couple of days. There seems to be a cat or something running around at night. We have a privacy fence but that does little to keep cats and rabbits out of the yard.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
I hope your appointment goes well & you get all good results!! *prayers* Have a great day & stay cool!!

Good luck at the Dr's appt. Hope you get great results!

Thank you so much, the appointment went well. I'm finally getting some answers and we're starting a wellness program asap. Hopefully I'll start feeling better very soon.

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
The time has come....

For the first time in 10 years, Ballcoach and Doc are going on a vacation...just the two of us. We fly out tomorrow morning and we are going to Orlando (her idea) for a few days and then to St. Louis to see Guns N' Roses (my idea)! We are so excited. After us both continuing in college, kids,new jobs, and moving up the ladder....we kinda forgot about us. This is such a welcome get away. We are staying at Animal Kingdom with a safari view! Giraffes will literally be right outside of our window! Can't wait!

I have one of those little Christmas Countdown ornaments. Broke it out today and put some new batteries in it. I'm going to program in two more week as we are approaching 100 days until the season. Amazing how time flies.

OK, Christmas lovers...hope to see you on here soon. Take care and pray for safe travels for ol' Ballcoach.

Have a fun and safe trip!!!

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn
Man it is so hot and muggy today. During the 13th birthday Woot off that last week picked up a Bag of Crap. HArper was so excited to see that it came with 100 water balloons. you hook it up to hose and once they water feels them up the slide off and self tie. so me and her did a water balloon fight. Even though it was a little one sided being dad i got hit with the most balloons. Sure helped to beat the heat for a little while.

Hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend. Looking like at work were going to be working 7 days a week for the next couple weeks if not months. SO going to be tiring weekend this way.

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning, Happy Saturday!
It's going to be warm and humid today with a chance of showers. I was up pretty early today, straightened up the house and started laundry so far. Just having my coffee now and relaxing for a few minutes. I need to make a big food shopping trip this morning. I'll probably just hang out by the pool this afternoon, weather permitted. My husband and I will heading in to Brooklyn this evening, he bought tickets to see Iron Maiden. Should be interesting :)
I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful weekend!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! We got to see some great fireworks last night at the amusement park. I walk there in the off-season sometimes from Labor Day through April but there's something special about it being lit up with all the people going around and having fun on their rides and playing games. I just said to myself it seriously is summer. And I'm enjoying it even though the heat/humidity the last few days have been a bit much. Hope you all have a good Saturday!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Everybody!

The weekend. It's here again.
(This just keeps happening every seven days. Funny, isn't it?)

But this is no laughing matter: The drawing nigh of our next Milestone marker.
No. Not funny.
Scary, maybe.
Funny? Nope.

Days to the Season: 114
Days to Christmas Day: 156

And it's frightening indeed to think that two weeks from TODAY, we will arrive at the 100-DAY SEASON WINDOW and the very next day, will be looking at our first DOUBLE-DIGIT count number to Christmas Season 2017!
(Boy. Each year seems to go by faster than the one preceding it.)

Whew! Mother Nature, dear. What did we do wrong to deserve this hellish heat? Triple digit heat index figures for four days in a row. No relief in sight.
(Whatever it is, we humbly apologize and beg your forgiveness!)
But, forgiveness will not come today, as the weather service says it should be a carbon copy of yesterday, if not hotter.
We are already past 80 degrees here this morning.

But don't let the heat and humidity dampen your Christmas spirit, Folks.
You have a Sensational Saturday, regardless!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Everybody!

No. Not funny.
Scary, maybe.
Funny? Nope.

And it's frightening indeed to think that two weeks from TODAY, we will arrive at the 100-DAY SEASON WINDOW and the very next day, will be looking at our first DOUBLE-DIGIT count number to Christmas Season 2017!

Whew! Mother Nature, dear. What did we do wrong to deserve this hellish heat? Triple digit heat index figures for four days in a row. No relief in sight.
But, forgiveness will not come today, as the weather service says it should be a carbon copy of yesterday, if not hotter.

Thanks Crown! Think Christmas thoughts to stay cool this weekend!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Saturday morning! Much cooler this morning than previous days, but it is supposed to be sunny and warm later on. The humidity has gone down, that's
for sure. Don't know what we'll do today, I'm enjoying not having definite plans and going with the flow. Loki has a an appointment at the groomer's this afternoon, he's so hot with all that fur, hopefully a trim will provide some relief. Have a great weekend everyone!

Irishsnow

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Dec 5, 2005
Ireland
Good afternoon friends

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Good Morning, Everybody!

No. Not funny.
Scary, maybe.
Funny? Nope.

Thanks Crown!! I cant wait for the end of August, been so humid every single day.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Been sitting in a/c most of the day...its been way too hot and humid. Supposed to get some showers tonight and into Sunday to break the heat. Been the hottest week of the year...so far.

DoYouHearWhatIHear

Christmasologist
MMC Premiere
Jul 22, 2014
The river was great but HOT and boy did I get a funny sunburn. But, it was lovely!! After two weeks mostly off, it's back to the grind tomorrow. July always brings a lot of travel and it feels like it sure has flown by. Glad for tomorrow's Christmas e-card exchange for CIJ!! Have a great Sunday coming up everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image