Black Friday

Skippy1707

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Member
Aug 20, 2017
Wales
Does anyone else on the boards shop on Black Friday??

My son this year has requested an iPad for Christmas so that will be my main spend if I can find one for a good bargain price. I did shop online a few years back and managed to get my husband a coffee machine that was meant to be £120 that I had for £40.

That said Im not even sure when Black Friday is this year!

Reactions: XmasDreams

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn
Does anyone else on the boards shop on Black Friday??

My son this year has requested an iPad for Christmas so that will be my main spend if I can find one for a good bargain price. I did shop online a few years back and managed to get my husband a coffee machine that was meant to be £120 that I had for £40.

That said Im not even sure when Black Friday is this year!

The official day is November 24th however in the last 4-5 years it starts on thanksgiving which will be November 23rd. Typically Apple shies away from any huge savings on any products, they will do special deals but not much.

angelpugs

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Dec 10, 2010
North Adams, MA
I don't go out anywhere but,i catch great deals on amazon.

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Black Friday seems to be getting bigger and bigger here in the UK. Its only really started taking off about three or four years ago and now almost every shop will participate. I mean where I am anyway.

I do check out the deals which can be more than just on the day. Most will carry it through weekend and ofcourse the monday after has become Cyber Monday here with loads of online deals. Sometimes I luck out and grab a few deals and then like last year I only bought one thing. However with it being end of November, it works perfectly with my shopping schedule as I usually try to wrap up most of my shopping by first week in Dec. I am looking for a coffee machine for my husband this year. These are always heavily reduced on Black Friday! I shop online though as I can't bare the insanity of the shops when it's so busy!

Here in the UK it is the same date as America so Friday/weekend after American Thanksgiving.

With regard to the Ipad I would keep an eye on AmazonUk that whole last week of november. They do Black Friday lightening deals all week and keep an eye on Curry's and Tesco. They have had savings on these products in the past.

Good luck!!

Reactions: Skippy1707

Skippy1707

MMC Member
Aug 20, 2017
Wales
Festive - weirdly since I posted this about the iPad he hasn't mentioned it since - typical!!!

The only thing I would advise with the coffee machine if you are buying a pod one is to look into the price of pods as well as some of them can be quite expensive depending on what machine you get.
We have the Dulce Gusto machine and the pods can be brought for £3.99 a box but some places do 3 for a £10 offer. I think some of the Tassimo ones can be more expensive but I know they offer Cadburys and Costa Coffee pods so it really depends on what you drink.

'Tis the season

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Sep 6, 2010
Northern Ireland
To be honest I've found many of the UK black Friday deals a bit underwhelming. Some stores near me stopped last year for security concerns as some people couldn't behave themselves the year before. Watching two men in their fifties holding each other by the throat over £20 quid off a television is quite unedifying.

Reactions: Skippy1707

Skippy1707

MMC Member
Aug 20, 2017
Wales
To be honest I've found many of the UK black Friday deals a bit underwhelming. Some stores near me stopped last year for security concerns as some people couldn't behave themselves the year before. Watching two men in their fifties holding each other by the throat over £20 quid off a television is quite unedifying.

Ill be honest the first year there was really a black Friday sale near us I didn't go. I did look up online and that was when I found my husbands coffee machine that he had mentioned at a good price. Thankfully a friend of mine (my ex step father) was nearby and he picked it up for me.....in my defence though I had seen all the mania on TV and being only 5'5 knew I didn't stand a chance with two small children in tow - my ex step dad however is bald head, 6ft 2, build like a brick ---- house, pierced and covered in tattoos from neck to ankle so he just waltzed straight through!

I dont think i will probably both this year. The only thing I have considered is a charging station for my husbands phone for him but I will get that regardless of whether I find it in a sale or not.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image