Not open for further replies.

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Good morning MMC!

It’s the weekend yeah yah !!!
I have a mini family get together today. By mini I mean just a few of us are getting together for lunch because my sister and her husband have shown up From Vermont unexpectedly so not everybody could make it. But it will be nice to get to see them for a little while.

Right now I have focaccia Rising and went to dissipate it will be coming at one for lunch. Have to run down to the farmers market quick and get some cheese to go with it.

It is nice to be working Monday to Friday job again!

Hope you are all well and that you have a fantastic weekend!

⛄️

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning ~
Happy Saturday!
It’s going to be cloudy today with highs near 55 degrees. Not too much going on here. I’m heading out soon to make a big food shopping trip. Back home afterward to work on the laundry. I think I’m going to order pizza for dinner. There’s a hockey game on tonight so we just plan on staying in, relaxing and watching the game. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well. Have a wonderful day!
xx

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good morning ~
Happy Saturday!
It’s going to be cloudy today with highs near 55 degrees. Not too much going on here. I’m heading out soon to make a big food shopping trip. Back home afterward to work on the laundry. I think I’m going to order pizza for dinner. There’s a hockey game on tonight so we just plan on staying in, relaxing and watching the game. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well. Have a wonderful day!
xx
Enjoy your pizza! Looks like we both are having it tonight.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
********** MILESTONE DAY **********

** CHRISTMAS SEASON DAY 6 **

Good Morning, Everyone.

<< Good Morning, Crown. But what's with the "Milestone Day"? Aren't we already in the Season? >>
Indeed we are, but reference to our Milestone Marker chart clearly indicates we have one, final Milestone to go for 2017.
Yes, Folks. As of today, we are 90 percent of the way to Christmas Day and have entered the HOME STRETCH to that auspicious point!
<< Wow, Crown. The forgotten Milestone! >>
Yep. But not this year!

Our remaining count:
Days to Thanksgiving: 5 (Wow. So VERY close, now!)
Days to Christmas Day: 37 (FIVE weeks from the day after tomorrow!)

A cool turn yesterday will alter into a warmer turn for today, and we are predicted to return agan to the 60's, just in time for the Raleigh Christmas Parade which will start at 10:00 AM today.
(And this is a real parade, not a Broadway show. I actually look forward to it more each year than I do the Macy's parade.)
We are clear here this morning and stand at 44 degrees.

Have a Sensational Saturday, Friends.
Enjoy your first weekend of Christmas Season 2017!

Last edited:

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
********** MILESTONE DAY **********

** CHRISTMAS SEASON DAY 6 **

Good Morning, Everyone.

<< Good Morning, Crown.
But what's with the "Milestone Day"? Aren't we already in the Season? >>

Indeed we are, but reference to our Milestone Marker chart clearly indicates we have one, final Milestone to go for 2017.
Yes, Folks. As of today, we are 90 percent of the way to Christmas Day and have entered the HOME STRETCH to that auspicious point!

<< Wow, Crown. The forgotten Milestone! >>

Yep. But not this year!

Our remaining count:
Days to Thanksgiving: 5 (Wow. So VERY close, now!)
Days to Christmas Day: 37 (FIVE weeks from the day after tomorrow!)

A cool turn yesterday will alter into a warmer turn for today, and we are predicted to return agan to the 60's, just in time for the Raleigh Christmas Parade which will start at 10:00 AM today.
(And this is a real parade, not a Broadway show. I actually look forward to it more each year than I do the Macy's parade.)
We are clear here this morning and stand at 44 degrees.

Have a Sensational Saturday, Friends.
Enjoy your first weekend of Christmas Season 2017!
Thanks Crown! Enjoy your last weekend before Thanksgiving!

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Glad you were able to get the garland you really wanted! Sometimes the dollar-store stuff just won't do.
That thin stuff bugs me..why is it so hard for them to stock the thick garland?

Stevie Claus

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Nov 25, 2015
Canada
It a White Christmas here in Canada and its a good day to hang up the lights. I also have a craving for Christmas cookies.

Is anyone making cookies that they have not baked before? If so, what kind, because I am getting hungry.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Saturday midday! I am currently on my lunch break at work, bracing for a super busy afternoon. On top of that they announce rain, so that brings in even more customers. As long as it doesn't turn into freezing rain... It's my brother's birthday and when I gave him a call, he was on a sidewalk awaiting the Santa Claus parade in Montréal, lucky him! I'm just looking forward to tomorrow when it'll be my turn to enjoy Christmas, as we'll be putting up our tree. Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
It a White Christmas here in Canada and its a good day to hang up the lights. I also have a craving for Christmas cookies.

Is anyone making cookies that they have not baked before? If so, what kind, because I am getting hungry.
Me ... I'm going to try an orange drop cookie that Holiday posted the recipe for. Probably later today, 'cause I have other stuff going on tomorrow, and I need them for our office Thanksgiving on Tuesday.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
@HmG: praying for you! (((HUGS)))

@Bradmac: have a wonderful vacation! Congratulations to Elizabeth and the rest of her team on getting to go to Disney World!

@Holiday: praying Lucy is better!

Merry Saturday!

The local radio station is playing Christmas music this weekend, so I have been listening most of the day. There are quite a few new releases out that are rather catchy.

The concert Wednesday was one of the best ever! On the way home, I saw a lot of houses lit up. So nice to see on a dark, rainy night.

Be merry!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
@HmG: praying for you! (((HUGS)))

@Bradmac: have a wonderful vacation! Congratulations to Elizabeth and the rest of her team on getting to go to Disney World!

@Holiday: praying Lucy is better!

Merry Saturday!

The local radio station is playing Christmas music this weekend, so I have been listening most of the day. There are quite a few new releases out that are rather catchy.

The concert Wednesday was one of the best ever! On the way home, I saw a lot of houses lit up. So nice to see on a dark, rainy night.

Be merry!

Thank you so much Meceka!
I’m glad you enjoyed the concert! Have a wonderful rest of the weekend <3
xo

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Wow, how the time has flown....

We just completed one of my favorite shopping trips of the year! We went and bought all of our supplies for the weeks of Thanksgiving....from food, to clothes for the girls, and lights for the house...always a great time! We started early this morning and just got home about two hours ago. Groceries are up, girls are in their PJ's, and I'm sitting here with a nice, cold glass of ice water watching TV.

I so look forward to this week. Thanksgiving is a true blast for me....I love just visiting and hanging out, watching football, and eating....A LOT! No school this week, so I hope to be able to check in daily! See y'all later!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Hope you get plenty of rest this evening. Feel better MerryCarey!
xx
Thank you!
We sat down and watched a Mrs. Brown’s Boys live stage show on DVD—-that helped! I hope my toe is better in the morning, because I want to browse through the garden center tomorrow. It’s my tradition to go the weekend before Thanksgiving. A good night’s rest should help.

ILoveHolidays924

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Member
Aug 7, 2016
South Carolina
Good morning!

Exciting things happened this weekend! We picked up our live tree yesterday. I woke up at 4 to let the dog out with every intention of going back to bed but ended up sitting by the tree enjoying the lights in the quiet house. It's beginning to feel like Christmas! We also bought a few more gifts and the Magic Light Wand I ordered came just in time to light up the tree! (If you haven't seen it, it's a wand that turns the lights on and off! The kids love it. Look it up!! I might even love it more than the kids! Haha!)

Update on the kitten and the live tree..
We didn't even have it in the living room yet and she was at the top! Lol!! At least she enjoys Christmas as much as I do. (The tree part anyway!)
IMG_1846.jpg

I hope you all have an amazing Sunday! (Last one before Thanksgiving! :eek:)

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Sunday morning! Was up at 5am. But then again went to bed at 7pm last night...Got a couple of things done around the appartment already. Then it's our usual trip for groceries and then, we'll be putting up our tree! No outdoor lights yet, I have to return the ones I ordered from Amazon, just not what I was looking for. Can't wait to put on my Christmas music and start decorating! Have a wonderful day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image