Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Christmas Radio & Audio (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Twisted Tunes - Bob Rivers (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21405)

RadioJonD 10-01-2010 02:25 AM

Twisted Tunes - Bob Rivers

September 30, 2010

Bob Rivers of Pacific Northwest radio host fame is off the air at KZOK (102.5) in Seattle, Washington after ten years. A renewal agreement could not be reached. Prior to KZOK, Rivers pulled eleven years at Seattle’s KISW (99.9). There is no word yet if or where Bob will return to the airwaves.

Christmas music enthusiasts will recognize Bob Rivers for his six albums of Christmas parodies. What Christmas could be complete without “Chipmunks Roasting On an Open Fire”?

Jeff Westover 10-01-2010 07:08 AM

That's really too bad. Rivers has done lots of brilliant Christmas stuff. I'd have to say that Walkin' Around in Women's Underwear (to the tune of Winter Wonderland) and Who Put the Stump are amongst my favorites.

George Broderick, Jr. 10-02-2010 08:38 AM

The Chimney Song is just the best EVER!

xmas365 10-03-2010 07:17 AM

I love his parodies, and one year I discovered his music and went out and bought all the Christmas CD's. I have been hoping for a new CD for a number of years now, but his website has a bunch of different songs not found on the CD's, and most of them are not for young ears.

XmasDreams 10-03-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmas365 (Post 284869)
I love his parodies, and one year I discovered his music and went out and bought all the Christmas CD's. I have been hoping for a new CD for a number of years now, but his website has a bunch of different songs not found on the CD's, and most of them are not for young ears.

Trust me each year I check to see if a new cd will get made as well. These parody songs always made me smile and chuckle and I caught his radio show a few times while traveling.

RadioJonD 10-05-2010 12:37 PM

Here's a short KING Channel 5 TV news clip about Bod keaving Seattle morning radio after twenty-one years.

Also from KING is this short morning news phone interview with Rivers. His contractual no competition clause will expire for him to return to the local airwaves in April 2011.

RadioJonD 03-13-2011 10:13 PM

Six months is about up! Bob Rivers will indeed return to the Seattle radio market. Beginning April 1st Bob and company will be back on mornings on Clear Channel's Oldies Station 97.7 KJR.

I don't know if the show will run live (with video) on the web as before, but KJR has an online listen link.

Jeff Westover 03-13-2011 11:16 PM

Great news. I hope he keeps churning out the Christmas stuff, too.

RadioJonD 08-05-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Westover (Post 333097)
Great news. I hope he keeps churning out the Christmas stuff, too.

Yes! It's (whatever "it" is) a safe bet we'll hear about any new Rivers Christmas projects on his show's FaceBook page.