Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Journal of Progress (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   What Healthy Food Did You Eat Today? (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24011)

Christmas-A-Holic 05-19-2011 02:05 PM

What Healthy Food Did You Eat Today?

Tell us what healthy breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks you have had today.

http://clipartmountain.com/clip5/fv11s.gif

Storeytime 05-19-2011 10:58 PM

Breakfast - Oatmeal with 1% milk and brown sugar.
Lunch - Low sodium vegetable & beef soup
Dinner - My wife's version of the Olive Garden Toscana Soup.
Snack - Bran flakes with fresh blueberries.
Water
Glass of Merlot with dinner.

Christmas-A-Holic 05-25-2011 06:39 PM

Breakfast: Fresh veggie juice. I did not use a juicer but Vitamix to blend the whole vegetable. I blended spinach, lettuce, kale, carrots, pears, cucumbers, flax seed, spirulina and tossed in a few almonds.
2 scrambled eggs topped with nutritional yeast, cooked in olive oil

I just ate whenever the rest of day, no specific lunch or dinner.

Kidney beans with quinoa (several servings throughout the day)

Bananas with homemade almond/peanut butter topped with rice syrup

Vegetarian Mexican dish: soft corn tortilla topped with beans, tomato, lettuce, homemade non dairy "cheese" sauce, plenty of homemade guacamole and salsa.

That's what I ate so far. I am sure I will eat some fruit and drink some almond milk a couple of hours before I go to bed.

Drink for the day (like everyday) plenty of water.

ChristmasHeart 05-25-2011 07:05 PM

For my morning snack I had a bowl of fresh fruit (cantelope, strawberries, pineapple, grapes). With my lunch (1/2 bagel with chicken) I had a lovely green salad!

Oh...and water, water - and more water! I happen to have a glass right now!

I ate other things - but don't really consider them "healthy" - like a muffin, sheppard's pie for dinner, low-fat serial for breakfast...stuff like that. I think there is something to be said about "moderation". For example, the sheppard's pie - although full of peas, carrots and corn - it also has potatoes. Instead of a heaping plate - my portion is relatively small.

I think I'll be able to get some good ideas from this thread!

judesmama 05-25-2011 07:21 PM

made berry granita with lemon juice and agave - sooo delish.

Blend fruit of your choice in blender (I used frozen blueberries and strawberries - watermelon is delish and no agave needed!!) or food processor with agave and some lemon juice. Put in a low pan in the freezer and scrape with a fork every 30ish min until it's more solid, maybe 2 or 3 hours later.

caninemom3 05-27-2011 02:02 PM

I am a sugar crazy, I love it !! Buddy The Elf and I would really hit it off !! As a healthy snack, I have found Yogurt which is like a parfait. It is called Delights and it is from Yoplait. It comes in two flavors from what I can tell - Chcolate/vanilla and Butterscotch. They are SO GOOD. Not a lot of calories either, in fact just 100 !

Instead of a really sugary snack, I had one of those today !!!

momnan30 05-27-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storeytime (Post 344391)
Breakfast - Oatmeal with 1% milk and brown sugar.
Lunch - Low sodium vegetable & beef soup
Dinner - My wife's version of the Olive Garden Toscana Soup.
Snack - Bran flakes with fresh blueberries.
Water
Glass of Merlot with dinner.

okay, this is seriously impressive eating...way to go!

momnan30 05-27-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic (Post 345571)
Breakfast: Fresh veggie juice. I did not use a juicer but Vitamix to blend the whole vegetable. I blended spinach, lettuce, kale, carrots, pears, cucumbers, flax seed, spirulina and tossed in a few almonds.
2 scrambled eggs topped with nutritional yeast, cooked in olive oil

I just ate whenever the rest of day, no specific lunch or dinner.

Kidney beans with quinoa (several servings throughout the day)

Bananas with homemade almond/peanut butter topped with rice syrup

Vegetarian Mexican dish: soft corn tortilla topped with beans, tomato, lettuce, homemade non dairy "cheese" sauce, plenty of homemade guacamole and salsa.

That's what I ate so far. I am sure I will eat some fruit and drink some almond milk a couple of hours before I go to bed.

Drink for the day (like everyday) plenty of water.

Wow, you guys, I have to start doing better. I am so lax about the 5-7 servings of fruit and vegetables each day. I'm am a bed and breakfast right now and the chocolate chip scones in the parlor are screaming my name!

Christmas-A-Holic 05-27-2011 09:07 PM

I forgot to post yesterday but for the past 2 days I have woke up to my usual fresh made veggie juice with a couple of scrambled eggs.

I have eaten plenty of steamed and raw veggies, beans, nuts, fruit and grains.

For a treat I had a Larabar. Yummy! It is a wheat/gluten, dairy, sugar free bar made entirely of fruit and nuts. Very healthy. If you never had one, you should try it!