Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Holiday Health, Fitness & Nutrition (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   June Foods (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24142)

Jeff Westover 05-29-2011 02:11 PM

June Foods

Did you know that June is National Fruit & Vegetables month?

It is also National Papaya month.

I didn't know we had a national papaya.

trackrebel 05-29-2011 02:29 PM

lol...

on a serious note tho...over here in Germany there is terrible stomach bug that 10 people have died from already....news has it that it comes from a huge load of cucumbers that are from spain......but not sure yet if that is the only contanimated veggie.....so right now...we are all a little hesistant to eat uncooked veggies

Jeff Westover 05-29-2011 03:18 PM

Yes, that sometimes happens with all different kinds of veggies. We had a scare here a while back with scallions.

trackrebel 05-30-2011 12:03 AM

the problem is.....it happened when the stuff was fertilized...with feces...or how u call the fallouts from animals....in that case cattle......the idiot who did it, must have done it when the veggie was already grown out of the ground....now this huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge load is contanimated and somewhere in Germany....it allegedly happened in Spain...but they are still not a 100 percent sure

Christmas-A-Holic 05-30-2011 05:39 AM

I didn't know that. I will be celebrating it by eating even more than I normally do of veggies and fruits! cheesy

We have had many recalls of veggies over the years. =(

I would be in big trouble if it was going on now. I make raw veggie juice every morning.

I hope the problem in Germany clears up soon!

trackrebel 05-30-2011 01:39 PM

I hope so too.....by now it is 14 death people...they better get this thing under control

whitney37354 06-21-2011 07:40 AM

June is also Dairy Month! Drink lots of skim milk if you want to go healthy, or drink milkshakes if you want something that tastes good.

JayIsh 06-21-2011 07:43 AM

I'm going to make myself a scallion milkshake! That way, I'll get loads of calories, but the E Coli will help me lose weight!!! BONUS!!!:hello:

judesmama 06-21-2011 08:42 AM

I was hungry and now I lost my appetite thinking of scallion milkshakes - barf!

RadioJonD 06-22-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Westover (Post 346395)
Yes, that sometimes happens with all different kinds of veggies. We had a scare here a while back with scallions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayIsh (Post 350563)
I'm going to make myself a scallion milkshake! That way, I'll get loads of calories, but the E Coli will help me lose weight!!! BONUS!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by judesmama (Post 350575)
I was hungry and now I lost my appetite thinking of scallion milkshakes - barf!

"Most folks call them green onions but they're really scallions."

Isn't it neat how one can turn just about anything into Christmas?