Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas

Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/index.php)
-   Holiday Health, Fitness & Nutrition (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   When Good Foods Can Kill You (http://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24192)

Jeff Westover 06-02-2011 02:47 PM

When Good Foods Can Kill You

This E Coli thing in Germany is downright scary.

Read this article today about it.

How do you know your fruits and veggies are safe???

Christmas-A-Holic 06-02-2011 03:18 PM

I got an error on the link.

I eat lots and lots of fresh veggies daily and it does concern me when I hear this even if it is across the ocean.

Every year I say I am going to grow all my veggies but right now I only have a few things growing.

It is worrisome!

Jeff Westover 06-02-2011 06:01 PM

Ok, try the link again, I think I fixed it.

Basically it talks about how this strain of bacteria isn't responsive to anti-biotics. Very scary stuff.

Christmas-A-Holic 06-02-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Westover (Post 347307)
Ok, try the link again, I think I fixed it.

Basically it talks about how this strain of bacteria isn't responsive to anti-biotics. Very scary stuff.

That is scary!

Jeff Westover 06-02-2011 08:25 PM

Call me paranoid but when I read stuff like thiat I think "terrorism".

trackrebel 06-03-2011 12:42 AM

Jeff.....that is my tought now as well....even tho I think if it was a terror attack, we would know by now.....or the virus would be spread much more........but how about a training run.....let s see how easy we can spread bacteria like that...and next time we will come full force.

as of now...we have a warning not to eat raw tomates, no lettuces, no cucumber........they say when it is cooked....no big deal....eatable and undangerous....

we still dont know where it came from...they thought it came from cucumbers from spain...but found it now, that it is not.

they think that is too kinda bacteriaforms of this that have united now and therefore it doesnt react to nothing......I think it is 17 or 18 deaths now

JOHNOR 06-03-2011 03:34 AM

so what do we do? i don't think i want to take the risk, i went food shopping yesterday and didn't go near the salad.

MsChristmas 06-03-2011 09:30 AM

Very scary stuff!

Jeff Westover 06-03-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOHNOR (Post 347352)
so what do we do? i don't think i want to take the risk, i went food shopping yesterday and didn't go near the salad.

We're trying to grow our own. What you can grow depends on a lot of things, we're learning. But we have a family down the street who goes all summer without having to buy produce because they eat what they produce.

The home grown stuff is GOOD, too.

That's our big project with the healthy things this year -- excercise is working the dirt, eating better by consuming what we grow.

(I can't find a chocolate tree, though).